Today is Kirby's 25th Anniversary! Happy Birthday Kirby!

KDL_logo.png

It's been 25 years to the day since we first saw the little balloon creature known as Kirby make his way onto Gameboy systems in japan. Kirby's Dreamland went on to sell five million copies and quickly became an iconic character in Nintendo history.

Kirby's Dreamland was actually my first Gameboy game. I'll never forget those days of only getting a game every so often and spending hours upon hours replaying it to get higher scores and try to complete it faster. I adored the music and the silly art style and have the fondest memories of Dreamland today.

And I can't even begin to imagine the hours I've spent on the dreamland stage in every the iteration of Smash Bros over the years. Or the iconic music of the fountain of dreams stage in Super Smash Bros Melee.

Today we celebrate everything Kirby has to offer! Gorge yourself on food today, wear your favorite smash bros characters hat like you just stole their power, listen to the bouncy energetic music and enjoy a Kirby game!

What's your favorite Kirby game and what memories do you have to share with Kirby over the years?

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only Kirby game I played was Air Ride on Gamecube, like other Nintendo characters, my first exposure to Kirby was Super Smash Bros. The Dreamland song is rather addictive.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It's piss easy.
If I could do it as a small kid (constantly get Good and Great on it) you could do it as well.
Unless you're talking about the GC version then eh ;'D
Yep. The GC Kirby Air Ride game.

KAR could have been a success and seen sequels but the market just wasn't ready for it or knew how to play it properly.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But the two words are separated, even on the games box art the words are separated as "Dream Land" with the D and L on caps.

Shiet man, don't be a negative nanny on Kirby's birthday :c

Reactions: BORTZ

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played Kirby Super Star Ultra for years and loved every minute of it.

I can't wait to eventually get kirby's new winter title when that comes out, and I have a feeling that there may be a Kirby title in the not too distant future that will boost switch sales :yayswitch::yay3ds:

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My personal favorites of the core series are Super Star Ultra, Planet Robobot, and Kirby 64

But Air Ride is probably my favorite spinoff title, but he had a lot of great spinoff titles.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I played Kirby Super Star Ultra for years and loved every minute of it.

I can't wait to eventually get kirby's new winter title when that comes out, and I have a feeling that there may be a Kirby title in the not too distant future that will boost switch sales :yayswitch::yay3ds:
There's going to be a new Kirby game on Christmas?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh man I loved Kirby 64: the Crystal Shards. Maybe not the best game, but oh man I played the shit out of it when I was a small kid at a friend's house.

Other Kirby I really like are Kirby Super Star Ultra and Kirby's Dream Land 3.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password