Today is Kirby's 25th Anniversary! Happy Birthday Kirby!

KDL_logo.png

It's been 25 years to the day since we first saw the little balloon creature known as Kirby make his way onto Gameboy systems in japan. Kirby's Dreamland went on to sell five million copies and quickly became an iconic character in Nintendo history.

Kirby's Dreamland was actually my first Gameboy game. I'll never forget those days of only getting a game every so often and spending hours upon hours replaying it to get higher scores and try to complete it faster. I adored the music and the silly art style and have the fondest memories of Dreamland today.

And I can't even begin to imagine the hours I've spent on the dreamland stage in every the iteration of Smash Bros over the years. Or the iconic music of the fountain of dreams stage in Super Smash Bros Melee.

Today we celebrate everything Kirby has to offer! Gorge yourself on food today, wear your favorite smash bros characters hat like you just stole their power, listen to the bouncy energetic music and enjoy a Kirby game!

What's your favorite Kirby game and what memories do you have to share with Kirby over the years?

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Actually much like Pokemon, I only know about Kirby from his manga.

Have to say the manga which is actually pretty good and is part of my childhood. So when the first time I own a GBA, the first thing I play is Kirby in Dreamland and I instantly fall in love with the series.

So yeah, I pretty excited about this year since there will be many game for Kirby come out and the game so far look pretty good.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I played the shit out of Kirby's Adventure on my NES clone back in 2004, it also has the credit of being the first game that I ever beat with the age of 4/5 years.

I consider it my favorite game because of the nostalgic factor, but the best game of the series is Super Star and its remake Super Star Ultra. The series basically kickstarted my whole gaming life and I love it for being so creative and yet easy to pick up and learn, I still remember how many days I wasted playing the series together with my little brother during the years, up to Return to Dream Land, which was hypey as hell since there wasn't a real classic Kirby in a while. The single player is also sweet and most recently released game, Planet Robobot was surprisingly good.

One cool thing about the series are the spin-offs, we had a few gems like Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble which was pretty cool for a kid like me, the Puyo Puyo clone which made Kirby a bit of a jerk :P , Canvas Curse and Epic Yarn, which also was great for a co-op playthrough.

TL;DR: Love the series, kickstarted game addiction and provided great memories to me and my brother. :P

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I got Kirby Dreamland 2 from my friend many eons ago. It was my first Kirby game and the first game I got to test on my Super Gameboy. I still have that game and it's still one of my favorite GB games!

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I didn't really grow up playing Kirby games, but I did start playing them in my later teen years. I enjoyed Kirby's Adventure, Dream Land 1-3, Super Star, 64, the remake of Adventure called Nightmare in Dreamland (just cause you can play as Meta Knight), Epic Yarn, Return to Dream Land, and the Dream Collection.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
haaai , i love kirby.
the game i liked the most was the one on nds where you use the stylus to draw some line and tap kirby with the stylus to attack etc.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Most kirby games I ended up liking, even though they're a bit too easy. Yarn has a special place because it got two of my girlfriends into gaming, but my favorite is the pinball game for the gameboy. I still haven't found another pinball game that can best it (granted: the bosses were what made it awesome)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol