Homebrew To those who got MENUdo working..

ShadowEO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the topic description says, I owe you guys a major apology and explanation for why most of the features for Wifi don't work like we had claimed. Before the release GN.A got suspended (most of you remember that.), And because of this, I had lost the database and FTP passwords, which caused the Wifi System to become permanently broken because I had purposely broken the account creation system for it when that first leak happened.

Please accept my sincere apology, and to those who couldn't get it to work, If only it hadn't been dropped. Although I would like to point out, that I am in progress of doing a complete rewrite of the Wifi system so that homebrew developers can use it in their games or programs and so it won't be completely tied down to just MENUdo. It's not done yet but I hope when it is, developers might want to use it to provide Game Tracking and Achievements in their games. ^_^

So partly the reason it hadn't worked as it was hyped up to be was partly bugs yes, but the whole wifi thing not working was all my fault and I hope you all forgive me.

That being said, this is the last official MENUdo post by me. I'm dropping my support for MENUdo and letting the thing completely die since my new project is Not related to MENUdo anymore.

Edit: removed the weird encoding around the word Not... Seems to be a bug in GBATemp's forum software when bolding something.

ShadowEO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This wasn't fully meant to be a MENUdo thread, just getting things off my chest and announcing a new project for developers that isn't tied in with MENUdo. This is the last MENUdo related thread I'm gonna post. And yes, it pretty much is dead, even I'm dropping my support for it as of now.

ninjaapple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
WOW!
Menudo support is now officially dropped and it is only yesterday I got rom loading with menudo working on all R4/i RTS's,M3's and M3 clones.

ShadowEO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NinjaApple Sorry about that, It's just that it's hard to support a program that I have both no experience in C or C++ coding to work on it and originally the support I gave was trivial, just main problem solving and technical support anyway. I also don't have a working DS anymore to continue to test fixes for loaders, themes, etc. So I'm moving on to a newer project that will hopefully be what MENUdo was supposed to be for other developers (A game tracker with Achievements and all that good stuff..)

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds really promising ShadowEO, MenuDO is what it is; I'll always love it I have no expectations or qualms around the software, and I wish the same for the rest of the community.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will stay on menuDO forever, since the UI is so much better than AKAIO. There are glitches, but I deal.

As for your wifi project, might I ask what language you're writing it in?

ShadowEO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about not answering in a while, been having some trouble getting online. I'm only coding a backend framework, but it's going to be coded in PHP like the original. Developers can make interfaces to it on their own as the framework will automatically switch between the developers API and normal backend depending on configuration without need of any other special branches of it or any SDK. It will be completely up to developers how much would be implemented or what will be implemented. I will be planning on having backwards compatibility with the old MENUdo application up until someone creates a new application that makes use of all the backend features. MENUdo itself wasn't completely finished in terms of it's WiFi implementation, there were many features in the original backend that were implemented, but not in the MENUdo releases like Messaging for example. I had that finished but it never got implemented inside the client application (it might be implemented in Soul's public releases, I can't remember if he had said or not when I was asking him and I can't test it anymore.), but there were a whole array of features that were planned and never implemented client-side.

LibGK is basically a complete rewrite of the original backend with developers in mind, so that applications can implement these features in their applications or games, they'll be able to have the WiFi features that MENUdo originally had in mind but they won't have to implement the server-side itself.

If there's any demand for something like this, I'll work on it more after the first release is finished, otherwise it's seems like more of a learning experience. If anyone wants to look at the current source code (it's not ready for use yet...), the link to the Google Code project is in my signature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh