Hacking To all three major usb loader teams. Yes, that's right it's about the sorting of titles.

Which idea(s) do you like?

• Total voters

wiimanofthenorth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, I think all the three major teams have done a great job, and yes your coding skills on the Wii are way beyond what I can do.

And yes, I know it's possible to change the titles of games in a few different ways. But unless false names are come up with, it doesn't fix the following ideas. So I'm throwing this out to the rest of the gbatemp members and see if anyone else is interested in these ideas being put into their favourite loader.

I put to you, having some options when it comes to sorting the Titles. Some of the different usb loaders don't have the following problems, but others do and visa-versa.

1) Problems with punctuation. For some reason every loader has a problem sorting games that have a number before a colon. For example, 'LEGO Batman: The Videogame' always comes after 'LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes'. These aren't the only games this happens to.

Also if there is an apostrophe, that seems to mess up with the order of things as well. So really, a fix might be to skip over the the punctuation when sorting, but still display the character?

2) To be able to display non-British letters. For example, Ōkami, only one loader shows it as it's correct name.

3) To be able to sort titles by title+release date. This way games like the COD series would be displayed in the correct order. (Of course most likely solving this one would solve point 1 as well.)

4) A choice to ignore, (A) and (The) in titles. It doesn't happen in your local library, so it should be a matter of choice. I'm saying start the sorting by the second word in the title, and not have everything under 'The'.

Please don't make comments of, 'Yeah but (your usb loader of choice) already does that!'. I know that some do and some don't, what I'm looking for is to see how many people are interested in these ideas. Then maybe we'll start to see all these ideas across the board.

Even if 'your' loader does do one of the ideas, please still vote for it, because then the programmers of the other loaders will see there is a call for it. Also please note that it's possible to vote for more than one idea!

Either way, I would like to thank everyone that's put time into making USB loaders how ever small, because in my own humble opinion I don't think the Wii would be quite as good without one!

Reactions: pelago

BitBandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If your idea #1 was implemented (ignoring punctuation) then the two titles 'LEGO Batman: The Videogame' and 'LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes' still wouldn't sort the way you want them to. The changed names (with punctuation removed) would be 'LEGO Batman The Videogame' and 'LEGO Batman 2 DC Super Heroes'. If you do an ASCII sort on those two names then the second game would still be first in order. This is because the first part of the names are the same ('LEGO Batman '), the first different character is the 13th character which is a 'T' in the first game and a '2' in the second game. In the ASCII table a '2' comes before a 'T', ASCII values 50 and 84.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree with BitBandit.
You could also op to NOT use WiiTDB.
Or convince the developers to use the the release date for sorting.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I actually renamed most games ( games folders on the USB ) and/or used custom titles.

To resolve this specific Lego batman issue, I renamed LEGO Batman 1: The Videogame which then shoes up before LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.
Also I renamed all the Guitar Hero games with number to show them in my preferred order, like GH 3, GH4 , GH5 ,GH6 and then the various band dedicated GHs.
The same with Rock band 1, now comes before 2 and 3.

Also by changing the file names, doesn't affect the way the titles are displayed in most loaders, only the order changes.

I'm really happy with my setup,therefore I voted none of the above ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no.

1) won't fix your problem as previously explained.
2) is a font issue, not the loader. use a different font. (I think all loaders allow you to select themes)
3 and 4) options could be added. I don't know if CFG/Wiiflow have it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...