Hacking Titlemenu, video inside

LexLuthor

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I agree. I think the covers should duplicate (as in the first video posted).
You could still choose to only show a few with the + and -, and it would also mean there would never be an end to the circles rotation.

BluntTrauma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're not going to release the source for libtitlemenu just yet (and I totally agree with your decision), is there any chance you could increase the USB init timeout to, say, 10 seconds for me?

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
this could all be done with the whole sources so far.
but since we all are missing some files, we aren't unable to help or add things.
but i think he will release a new version with some more options soon.

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluescreen81 said:
this could all be done with the whole sources so far.
but since we all are missing some files, we aren't unable to help or add things.
but i think he will release a new version with some more options soon.

i'd rather wait for kylling to implement them.
i hope he never releases the source.
if he releases the source... before we realize, there will be so many confusing different versions of this loader... they will be bloated as hell and probably also break many features that were working fine.

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ye you're right. but then he should take some friends on it too to make it possible a bit faster
smile.gif

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlxowhd said:
i'd rather wait for kylling to implement them.
i hope he never releases the source.
if he releases the source... before we realize, there will be so many confusing different versions of this loader... they will be bloated as hell and probably also break many features that were working fine.
I think you're missing the point of kyllings work, he's written libtitlemenu for the community to use in any project they see fit, hence it being a library. A loader is a very practical use for libtitlemenu as it incorporates wbfs, and was apart of his PoC. His work can easily be adapted to any project, and closed source is far from what he would want.

EDIT: In laments, this is not a loader primarily, its a showcase of his library. The loader is an example use.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using this since its release and it's great, but it's having problems downloading the covers for GH:WT (PAL) and Ghost Squad (PAL), something one of the other loaders managed fine. I'm not sure of the format of the cache files so I can't add these covers myself.

Full covers support would be great, seeing the front, spine and back of the boxes would be awesome. I'd also love to see my earlier suggestion for the game discs come to fruition
smile.gif

Keep up the great work!

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlxowhd said:
dsfanatic5 said:
The first release of this loader works very well, and I'm glad to see it retain the speed and fluidity of the preview. I do have a bug to report. When I launch Titlemenu through a forwarder, only half the covers show up, while the rest are white and exhibiting the "downloading cover" animation. When I try to launch a game, it goes to black screen and freezes.

When I launch Titlemenu from the HBC, all covers show, and games boot fine. Punch out was a little glitchy and choppy in certain parts, which doesn't happen in the other loaders. These aren't complaints, just things I noticed, and this loader is quickly becoming my favorite. I really hope it doesn't become too bloated with features, to where the functionality takes a hit. Great Work!

i'm using a forwarder and all covers display correctly.
using a generic one that just loads boot.dol in sd:/apps/usbloader folder.
try another forwarder.
I've tried three forwarders so far; one like yours that points to usbloader folder, one that points to usb-loader folder, and a configurable forwarder, but I get the same results. I've had unique problems with other loaders as well, and I think it's because of the large number of games on my drive (cache/memory issue). Like I said, the loader works great when launched from HBC, but doesn't load properly when using a forwarder. It would be nice if this issue can be resolved in a future update, and I'd be glad to test any revisions if needed.

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be great if this gave the ability to zoom. There is a lot of empty space at the top and bottom of the screen.

mikejacobs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not checking thru the previous posts, but i think he said he would release the next revision on wednesday or thursday... which is tomorrow!
so let's be patient for 1 or 2 more days!

Destian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikejacobs said:
not checking thru the previous posts, but i think he said he would release the next revision on wednesday or thursday... which is tomorrow!
so let's be patient for 1 or 2 more days!
Or not. Hopefully this project is still underway and not abandoned. This is currently my loader of choice but a little more functionality would be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol