Gaming Titanfall Struggles with Framerate even at 792p

BMinkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star fox was fully playabe at just 10 - 15 fps, whats wrong with people these days?

Really, this is BS, if the developers cant get the game running at a decent frame rate they need to make other adjustments, ie lower graphic quality somewhere but just throw it out with obvious flaws. 720p, although I often argue is all we'll ever need for home computing, should be a breeze on the current gen.

1376575083395.gif

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not excited for Titanfall, i'm so burnt out on online FPS games at the moment. Its a shame that you must play online, looks like it could provide a nice campaign. As for the framerate, its sad that its unbalanced like it is but who knows maybe they will get the kinks worked out soon.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not excited for Titanfall, i'm so burnt out on online FPS games at the moment. Its a shame that you must play online, looks like it could provide a nice campaign. As for the framerate, its sad that its unbalanced like it is but who knows maybe they will get the kinks worked out soon.

Maybe...they should've thought about that BEFORE they put out a gaming console that can't handle "next gen shit"... Just a thought... 3-)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Gotta love WiiCube_2013's recent PC MASTER RACE agenda, I particularly like the fact that everyone completely ignored the statement from developers, the one about the game getting critical patches at a later date which will both bump the resolution and the framerate. Naw, let's just rag on the Xbox One since it's "not a real next gen" because Titanfall lags at times and because mid to high-end PC's can get better resolutions and framerates, y'know, just like they always have in comparison to consoles. Just on a side note, stuff like this got Kirito-kun banned. This is not a threat, just a friendly warning - this song is getting really old really quickly. As of late, his only interest appears to be the Xbox One and "how much it sucks" and I don't think it's purely accidental - I smell thinly veiled agenda here.

Reactions: chavosaur

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I just picked this game up for the PC for $45 at a local retailer using a coupon. Just sunk a couple of hours into it and am already almost done with the campaign mode. It was really fun at first but I am already starting to get bored with it. I wasn't hyped at all for this game, but for $15 dollars off it convinced me to pull the trigger. I don't regret my purchase, as it's still an enjoyable game, but I don't see myself playing it much for the long term. Games like Arma, Team Fortress 2 just seem to have more re-playability and diversity.

In regards to a software patch for the Xbox One to drastically improve performance and resolution, has this ever been done in the past with a console game? Why wouldn't they just focused all those optimizations into a sequel and let the first one rot like every other game franchise in the past? I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

The game runs pretty smoothly on my system at 1080p on what I would consider medium settings, Win 8.1, i5-2500k at stock clock, 8gb ram, 250gb 840 evo, and probably my weakest link 1GB MSI 460 GTX HAWK graphics card at the stock overlocked speed.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In regards to a software patch for the Xbox One to drastically improve performance and resolution, has this ever been done in the past with a console game? Why wouldn't they just focused all those optimizations into a sequel and let the first one rot like every other game franchise in the past? I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
Essentially the word from the developers themselves is that they weren't satisfied with any of the anti-aliasing options they tested so far, but had to release the game because they wanted to avoid delays. It's currently running at 729p with MSAA x2, but this is going to be ditched in favour of 900p with FXAA, 1080p with no AA or something else if they figure out a better solution. They're experimenting with the eSRAM at the moment to see what it can do to improve the situation. It's well-within the realm of possibilities, it's not a huge patch to implement.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Essentially the word from the developers themselves is that they weren't satisfied with any of the anti-aliasing options they tested so far, but had to release the game because they wanted to avoid delays. It's currently running with MSAA x2, but this is going to be ditched in favour of 900p FXAA, 1080p with no AA or something else if they figure out a better solution. They're experimenting with the eSRAM at the moment to see what it can do to improve the situation. It's well-within the realm of possibilities, it's not a huge patch to implement.

I just don't see this happening honestly. Giving console players the ability to pick different graphical settings will definitely cause differences in performance, whatever mode gets the most kills will be used even if it looks the worst. Not to mention your average Xbone One owner probably doesn't understand what any of the graphical settings and terminology will even mean, you don't want to confuse people who just want to stick a disc in and play. I can see them adding FXAA to the PC version, and would love that, and who knows maybe they will come through on their promises. At this point, with all this considered, like I said before I wouldn't hold my breath for it. But anythings possible :yaysp:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just don't see this happening honestly. Giving console players the ability to pick different graphical settings will definitely cause differences in performance, whatever mode gets the most kills will be used even if it looks the worst. Not to mention your average Xbone One owner probably doesn't understand what any of the graphical settings and terminology will even mean, you don't want to confuse people who just want to stick a disc in and play. I can see them adding FXAA to the PC version, and would love that, and who knows maybe they will come through on their promises. At this point, with all this considered, like I said before I wouldn't hold my breath for it. But anythings possible :yaysp:
Right, misunderstanding on the most basic of levels... Xbox One players are not getting the option to change graphical settings - default graphical settings will be adjusted via a patch. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-