Hacking Tinke DSi Overlay Reinsertion Error

opiter09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, new user here, I have been playing around with hacking the DSiWare game "Dekisugi Tincle Pack" (Too Much Tingle Pack), for the purposes of an eventual translation. I found out about MetLob's fork of tinke (search GitHub, I can't post links), but when I tried to save after inserting an edited Overlay file (those contain the text in this game for some reason), I got the following error. Alas MetLob has no contact info, and the fork's GitHub has no Issues section, so I am hoping someone here can either:

a) reach out to MetLob about this, or
b) explain what is going wrong with the code yourself (if you can't tell from the image, it can be found in the repo at Tinke/Nitro/TWL.cs, specifically the function UpdateOverlays9Sha1Hmac at line 168).

Do note that I get this error whether the edited file is of the same size, larger, or smaller than the original. This also does not occur with non-Overlay files, which is probably why it has not come up until now.

As someone who found all the cryptography and hashing info about the DSi overwhelming, it would be very convenient if I could get this to work and just use tinke for everything. Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot (448).png
    Screenshot (448).png
    636.9 KB · Views: 30

opiter09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although that version has many other improvements over what I was using, this particular error does still persist.
Post automatically merged:

okay I managed to find the "nightly" version of TinkeDSi, and that one works.

So thanks for the help.

Last edited by opiter09,
Reactions: RocketRobz

paddymartg

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, new user here, I have been playing around with hacking the DSiWare game "Dekisugi Tincle Pack" (Too Much Tingle Pack), for the purposes of an eventual translation. I found out about MetLob's fork of tinke (search GitHub, I can't post links), but when I tried to save after inserting an edited Overlay file (those contain the text in this game for some reason), I got the following error. Alas MetLob has no contact info, and the fork's GitHub has no Issues section, so I am hoping someone here can either:

b) explain what is going wrong with the code yourself (if you can't tell from the image, it can be found in the repo at Tinke/Nitro/TWL.cs, specifically the function UpdateOverlays9Sha1Hmac at line 168).

Do note that I get this error whether the edited file is of the same size, larger, or smaller than the original. This also does not occur with non-Overlay files, which is probably why it has not come up until now.

As someone who found all the cryptography and hashing info about the DSi overwhelming, it would be very convenient if I could get this to work and just use tinke for everything. Thank you.
Do you have the rom? I try to search it but i don´t found it

do you have the rom? i was trying to found it but i can´t found it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game +1