Tinfoil black screen (not working anymore) following FW 15.0.0 update & Atmo 1.4.0

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I updated my kids NSW to FW 15.0.0 & Atmosphere 1.4.0 and Tinfoil won't launch anymore.
I am getting a black screen after the NSW logo on the bottom right screen.

Any other app I should use to connect to the PC that would allow drag n'drop installations as with the installer folder ?

Thanks

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend DBI. The UI isn't as flashy and modern as Tinfoil, though it's MTP responder is very intuitive. It allows for simple drag-and-drop installation via USB without the need for installing extra software on your computer. This means that dbibackend is not required for installation via MTP. DBI also runs in both applet and application mode.

https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/blob/main/README_ENG.md

If you are having trouble launching the NSP version of Tinfoil, you will need updated sigpatches. These can be found in the thread linked below.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I updated my kids NSW to FW 15.0.0 & Atmosphere 1.4.0 and Tinfoil won't launch anymore.
I am getting a black screen after the NSW logo on the bottom right screen.

Any other app I should use to connect to the PC that would allow drag n'drop installations as with the installer folder ?

Thanks
Update tinfoil to 15.0 R1

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
did you update tinfoil?
I should have checked for a new version. Indeed it is not up to date. Thanks.
Post automatically merged:

Update tinfoil to 15.0 R1
I downloaded the files but for future reference, can it be updated directly online from the console ?
I hate restarting the console as I have to insert the SX OS devide at the bottom after I emove the usd card.

Thanks.

I tried copying the files... When launching Tinfoil I am getting an error message to launch it from the Home menu (which is what I was doing). Same thing after installing it from Awoo.
Any idea what could be wrong ?
Thanks

Last edited by Aglae Pheryl,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I downloaded the files but for future reference, can it be updated directly online from the console ?
I hate restarting the console as I have to insert the SX OS devide at the bottom after I emove the usd card.

Thanks.

I tried copying the files... When launching Tinfoil I am getting an error message to launch it from the Home menu (which is what I was doing). Same thing after installing it from Awoo.
Thanks

Ftp it over there was a problem with 15.0 R0 with updating on system is why R1 came out

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Thanks.

Thanks
Never mind, I have for some reasons 2 different boot options for Amto (V1 & V2). Booting to V1 solved the issue and Tinfoil is now working. Thanks

fenece

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any news? I stil have Tinfoil black screen with last update of Tinfoil.... my FW are v 15.0.0 + Atmo 1.4.0
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo