Gaming Time to Strike the Earth!

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Now pick up those picks and get to digging! You! Take this axe and cut down twenty trees, no eating 'till you're done! Damn it Ursil, you put the chicken in the box, not squeeze the egg out of them!"

Been getting back into dwarf fortress after a short hiatus. For those of you who don't know what game this is, it's the most badass game ever, though it's not for everyone. You get a caravan of seven dwarves, and a small cache of supplies, and the point is to last as long as you can before your fortress ultimately fails. It's been pretty much a year and a half since I last picked this game up, much have changed, you guys will probably die a painful and agonizing death as your pet cat tears your eyeballs out. It's a sad story, as an expecting mother is pulling water out of a well, only to plop a kid out and witness it's descent down the well. Crazy little things like that adds up to days of amusements, if not weeks, as my last dwarf fortress binge was. Normally I don't do these kind of things, however, I've been trying to work on my writing skills, and this game is a perfect way to write/type up a story.I'm not too happy with my write up on a recent review of a retro game I reviewed recently, or my gaming blog someone keeps urging me to use. So here it is!

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Skill

Pick two from among-est all these skills to be your dwarf's trade. Then let me know if your danglies dangle or no. There are still aspects of this game I'm trying to figure out, like the recent addition of beehives and mead making, and getting military training down, but for most part, you shouldn't starve to death :) I'm currently running a fortress now, and probably another one afterwards to give this a few days for people to get interested in it, since this forum seems somewhat slow as of late.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ