ROM Hack Thundaga Save Editor (FF3) *BETA*

dakine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Again thanks wangjang for making this save editor. excellent job. any chance on making any more save edits? maybe for Castlevania:Potrait of Ruin or children of mana

WangJang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for such a long wait let me update you about the progress i made.

December 7th i lost my PSU so i couldn't do any programming, i have got a new one coming tomorrow and i can resume with what i had been doing, i had fixed the m3 save bug + added in the ability to remove the "Job Penalty", i was working on fixing the "Current Job" problem and i had implemented a Item Editor (~90% done) the item editor should be easy to complete as i relied on the Jenova source code from www.qhimm.com so expect this in the next version also, i will also add the ability to edit the amount of Gold + Playtime + Wifi mail sent.

Normmatt:
The code is already 100% C++ the problem is with the 2005 version of Visual Studio they introduced side-by-side, because i used mfc people were required to update the mfc runtime basically.

I hope to release the source code with the next version, really just need to clean some stuff up as it was the first time using mfc.

Also about making another save editor, i maybe will if i find a game that interests me, i do like castlevania so i will maybe look at that, but i really have no time at the present.

D

donotbugme

WangJang, would you mind explaining how you are recalculating the CRC / checksum for the edited saves, if you could do that it would help me alot, I can edit alot of save games, I'm just unsure how to get the checksum for ds sav's (I'm new to editing/hacking DS games)

romeoondaline

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DUDE WangJang I cant wait
tongue.gif
yaynds.gif

WangJang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
donotbugme: the ff3 checksum is calculated simply by adding all the dwords from Slot+0x30 to the end of the slot, certainly each game uses its own form of a checksum to verify their saves, so its not as easy to say just do X to fix the save.

Also v1.02 will be released tomorrow, i just finished up all the major work i needed to do, just need to correct one more job problem, also i will release the source code with it as its the last version i will work on, so any more probles somebody else can fix it
smile.gif

D

donotbugme

Thanks for the source WangJang, is there a tutorial or anyhwere that explains how you figured out how the crc was calculated?

WangJang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found out how the checksum is calculated by debugging the ff3 ds rom inside a emulator, so other than saying do that, i really can't help you much you need to understand assembly at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1