OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I modded my wii with a wiikey using the quick solder method (even though I should have used the wire method). Before I wanted to fully reassemble it, I wanted to see if it would work, so I connected up the ribbon cable and white wires and the drive wouldn't spin up. The laser worked, I could insert and eject discs...

A little while later I kinda tilted my wii at an angle and the disc spun! Then I let go and it stopped. When I tried to see if I could fix the problem, the ribbon cable connector piece breaks off. >_>

And I don't know how to fully reassemble my wii anyway. ugh this is just so bad for me right now I'm kinda p/o'd. I don't know what to do.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If im right the problem is that it wipes out or wipes in the CD all time
For a while until you add an CD

I had the same problem it was just because of that the wires where connecting some thing and let the Wii think some CD wanted to get in weard enough removed wiikey WITH ALL wires SOLDERED out so it stops the anoying thing
smile.gif

Fuck self solder, i broke 2 off, next time im gonna let somebody do it

saikorebon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yea! it did that i think.

this blows. now i believe i shorted the motherboard or something cuz theres nothing but a black screen. if and when i get another wii, im not touching the insides lol

saikorebon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah... call me crazy, you guys, but I just ordered a new pre-modded wii. I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself. I'm desperate, and I feel I should've done this in the first place.
happy.gif
;

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Avenger, where do you live in Canada? I need someone to solder a Wiikey (which I don't have, yet
tongue.gif
) for me. I'm too scared of my Wii blowing up if I do it myself.

If you live far, I won't bother, cause I don't want to send it (with all the mail problems today and a Wii).

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bah, Nova Scotia. I'm in Montreal, Quebec.

My dad said he'd try to install it, if that doesn't work out well, I will try to send it to Avenger. The shipping to NS will be huge (I think).

Thanks anyways!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...