Hardware Thinking of selling my DS lite

Satummoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About 2 months ago, I sold my DS phat for a good price and bought my DS lite (black) for 120$ shipped NEW! i've only played it for about 3 hours b/c i've been so busy with school and getting married. The only 2 games I have are nintendogs (gift, only played 4 hours) and mario kart which i've unlocked all characters/karts/ and almost everything else. I keep waiting for games that make me want to play it and it feels like all of it isn't geared to my kind of gaming style. The only game i've played on it is FFIV which I havn't touched in a month. Do you think it's worth it for me to just sell it? With my lifestyle, it doesn't seem good for me to buy any portable systems anymore being a full time student, and getting married. I know from what i'm saying, I proboly should sell it, and later down the line, they'll have ANOTHER revision and I can always pick one up then again. Unless anyone else can convince me otherwise, give me some good reason.

As another side note, i've never goten into the Hombrew for the DS so maybe that's a problem but I rather not pump more money into it if I don't play it alot now.

Proboly will go up on ebay this weekend, unless someone is intrested here...They are sold out everywhere
blink.gif

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I think that you should keep it. Right now, I work full time and I'm going to be starting school again soon. Its good for downtime. You shouldnt make it a priority to play, but to have just in case.

BTW, what kind of games DO you like? And who says you have to pump money into it until you know what it is you want to get?

The DS homebrew scene is something completely different and I am not the one to get into it since I dont really mess with it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't sell it, you need something to escape to believe me! And also when your wife wants to watch something you want but wants you there with you and you have no work to do you can just wip out your DS and play it there!

How about telling us your gaming taste so we can suggest some games you'd be interested in?

Satummoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really like any type of game, but some games I like are:

Phantasy star online, Soul Calibur, Star Fox 64, Mario 64, Tony Hawk

but I guess the fact of it now is that I don't even have alot of time now to play the games, even if I did buy new ones
frown.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't use it and don't think you will in the future then sell it. I don't understand why you upgraded to a lite from a DS Phat if you hardly ever used it.

Emu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't sell it, you need something to escape to believe me! And also when your wife wants to watch something you want but wants you there with you and you have no work to do you can just wip out your DS and play it there!

How about telling us your gaming taste so we can suggest some games you'd be interested in?

Too many yous...By definition what position of person is that speaking in 3rd? No offense but my brain hurts after that one.

jlf278

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting married in a few months and work all day, but it's great for the commute (via subway) and while my fiance is watching One Tree Hill, since we live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Aside from all that, you should still keep it because you never know when you're going to have a long plane trip or go to some appointment where you'll likely be waiting around 30+ minutes. The games you mentioned liking are some of my favorites, so I'm pretty sure you'd like FFV advance, FFVI Advance, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, New Super Mario Bros., and Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (and probably the others). Don't lose faith!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Too many yous...By definition what position of person is that speaking in 3rd? No offense but my brain hurts after that one.
Not really, me and the missus enjoy watching the same crap, just talking in general as I know some people have that problem.

Oh yeah offence doesn't have an 's' in it...no offence.

As for the main question; Sell DS and get GBA, that may be more suitable for you. You'll save money and used games are cheaper too. That is of course if you actually see yourself ever wanting to play games again.

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I’m with everyone above thinking keep it for the down times, but with that being said.
Now is the time to sell it, there hard to find all over so you can get top dollar for it.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You should sell it and buy your wife lingerie. Tiny is better. And those games you have are not very fun games to carry around. Proof is you already played up and down the MK. read some reviews and maybe short burst games like cooking mama or Elite beat agents might be more fun for busy people. Besides I would rather be enjoying the married life than playing games. You stepped into the twilight Zoneeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im married too

and just bought my ds lite
and my wii a month ago

im playing more games than ever now
lol

Satummoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should sell it and buy your wife lingerie. Tiny is better. And those games you have are not very fun games to carry around. Proof is you already played up and down the MK. read some reviews and maybe short burst games like cooking mama or Elite beat agents might be more fun for busy people. Besides I would rather be enjoying the married life than playing games. You stepped into the twilight Zoneeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

I like that advice
tongue.gif

I think I will sell it. The only time I would really regret it is when I do travel, but when I think about it, it's really not that much. I sold the phat b/c I wanted to get as much money as possible before it really depreciated. I then thought that getting the lite would renew my fun with it (I did play the phat a bit). When college hit, everything changed. I'm a music major so have to practice as much as possible. Maybe down the line i'll pick up a micro. I really like those and i've seen them advertised for 34.99! (Wal-mart black friday sale). I still have the original GBA with no backlighting that I can play but it's such a pita to see compared to the Lite. Thanks for the advice guys. Guess tommorow it'll go on eBay.
smile.gif

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not really, me and the missus enjoy watching the same crap, just talking in general as I know some people have that problem.

Oh yeah offence doesn't have an 's' in it...no offence.

As for the main question; Sell DS and get GBA, that may be more suitable for you. You'll save money and used games are cheaper too. That is of course if you actually see yourself ever wanting to play games again.

Offense = American
Offence = Chiefly British

"Offence" actually shows up as a misspelled word on my computer
wink.gif

Edit: Oh right, about selling your DS Lite... I don't recommend it cause I always find time to play it while on the go. There's always some sort of downtime or waiting period so it comes in handy
yaynds.gif

M

multiboy2k

I actually thought about selling mine too. It's in practically new condition.

Ever since I was able to play the entire psx library on my psp, it's gotten very hard to go back to ds games again. It's not that the ds games are bad, they are excellent.

But, when I have a choice between Final Fantasy III on the ds VS FF7/FF8/FF9 AND Xenogears all on the same memory card for the psp, the choice for me was obvious. Im now playing Fear Effect on my psp as im typing this.

And, then if I feel like playing a gba game, I can do that too at fullspeed with savestates! I love my ds. But, my loyalty is devoted only to the machine that produces the most fun for me on the go.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually thought about selling mine too. It's in practically new condition.Â

Ever since I was able to play the entire psx library on my psp, it's gotten very hard to go back to ds games again. It's not that the ds games are bad, they are excellent.

But, when I have a choice between Final Fantasy III on the ds VS FF7/FF8/FF9 AND Xenogears all on the same memory card for the psp, the choice for me was obvious. Im now playing Fear Effect on my psp as im typing this.Â

And, then if I feel like playing a gba game, I can do that too at fullspeed with savestates! I love my ds. But, my loyalty is devoted only to the machine that produces the most fun for me on the go.

agreed. I traded my DS lite (+1gig supercard lite) for a PSP. I still surf around here to check out what's new. THe capabilities of the PSP is overwhelming now. The DS has awesome titles on its own but compared to PSP... PSX titles+PSP titles+Emulators top to bottom, big screen for videos and subtitles i can read, mp3s. just too massive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill