Things you have fixed/modded recently

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
image.png

Getting my PCBs fabricated from JLCPCB.

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Still looking for OG Xbox to come my way with minimum of personal effort B-). Still have Trinity X360 waiting for RGH (mainly due lack of availability of good soldering station, which will be remedied.)

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still looking for OG Xbox to come my way with minimum of personal effort B-). Still have Trinity X360 waiting for RGH (mainly due lack of availability of good soldering station, which will be remedied.)
Xbox 1.0 and 1.1s are easy to come by if you can find pics of them with an early manufacturing date. I've picked up two, both are already chipped.

Reactions: lwiz

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Xbox 1.0 and 1.1s are easy to come by if you can find pics of them with an early manufacturing date. I've picked up two, both are already chipped.
Yeah - I'm in a position where those could arrive for recycling - "Guys we need every and all consoles that come our way in order to test the game discs before selling..." to quote myself ;) So it's more of a game of waiting for now.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fixed a softlock in Heaven's Vault, thanks to research by NumsgiI on Reddit.

In this game you move between locations by sailing along one-way rivers. I turned down a slow branch and found my position was being reset every few seconds.

I was able to get at the save file with Checkpoint and force my location back to the starting planet, crucially removing the same number of characters that I added, from a description elsewhere in the save file so it would be the same length. There seems to be some sort of validation that checks for this.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The SylVii is my Wii modchip that I was currently working on yesterday. It comes as two different versions - one with IC clip pads and one without. This makes it easy to program the chip without clipping onto the IC, thus risking damage to the pins. The next version will have both GameCube and Wii compatibility, so you don't want to install the chip into your Wii, then you can use the chip as a XenoGC drivechip in your GC.
versions.png

https://github.com/m4x10187/sylvii-modchip

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Still have to be careful with that. People swap parts all of the time. I bought a Halo edition box with a 1.0 mobo transplanted. It wasn’t pretty…

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still have to be careful with that. People swap parts all of the time. I bought a Halo edition box with a 1.0 mobo transplanted. It wasn’t pretty…
Could you elaborate on what you mean? But, to be fair, I find the v1.1s to be reliable on my end.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you elaborate on what you mean? But, to be fair, I find the v1.1s to be reliable on my end.
I know exactly what he means because I also bought a “limited edition” Halo Xbox that was mobo swapped with a standard 1.0 mainboard. From the outside you couldn’t tell the console had been touched, but as soon as I opened it to clean and replace thermal paste, I saw how bad it really was. The 1.0 mainboard just wasn’t designed for the Halo shell. The Halo shell was made for the 1.2, 1.4, and 1.6 mainboards. Particularly the 1.2/1.4 consoles were better because they used the Conexent encoder for video instead of the (in my opinion) shitter Microsoft designed one.

To stay on topic here is my virtual pinball machine I’ve modded with flat cables so they’re not so visible.

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpeg
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27

danwellby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
In terms of repaired, Preformed the resistor trick (2x50 ohm resistors as I didn't have a 100 ohm one on hand) on a intel atom based synology ds415+ nas and nailed down the fault on a ds414 it seems to be faulty hdd daughter board testing the hdd board from the ds415+ seems to allow it to work while it's own board causes it to cut out immediately from what I assume to be a short somewhere on it

Last edited by danwellby,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
According to the date on the sticker, my system should have been a 1.4 at least, I received a 1.0.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
20230721_213724.jpg

vlcsnap-2023-07-21-18h02m01s143.png
Made one of those FeRAM carts for the Super Nintendo with this SMW romhack as the game. As far as I can tell, everything works like a charm (please ignore the weird, stretched out, screenshot, The setup used to capture it was not particularly stable which meant that there was no time to tweak it and make it 4:3). The resistors (R1-4) were not needed in this case,since it's one game rather than a multigame cart (plus I'm not using a LED, which means R5 can be skipped), and cleanup comes as soon as I get some IPA.
Just need to print a shell at some point but I'm currently waiting for the current color (orange) to be depleted so that I can use either black, white, transparent (if I go with a resin printer) or glow in the dark (not sure which one yet).

Reactions: AncientBoi

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This gamepad that I bought years ago (surely more than 10).
It is a very competent gamepad, I can guarantee about that. It has weight to it, the plastic is good quality and even has a counter weight to compensate the rumble motor present on the right side. They don't make them like this anymore.

The press of the right analog never worked.

That changed today. I had to really gut it out, and replaced the button you see in the picture by one that came out of a toaster that was doing it's job way too well.

I also repaired my washing machine with one of those buttons, as for some reason it gave out.

So long toaster, your insides will live on in other devices.

Attachments

• IMG_20230728_180054.jpg
    IMG_20230728_180054.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a fun challenge, I decided to install a D2D V2.0 modchip into one of my spare Wiis I had lying around. 7 wires had to be soldered to the motherboard.

After installation:

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN