Things you have fixed/modded recently

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait did you did an upgrade or a full wipe?

Yea, a Full Wipe :sad: I forgot about some of the data I needed to transfer to my external HDD [thought I moved it all]. But.. Oh well :mellow:

Upgrade? Since I had windows 10 pro, it went to 11 Pro. which I thought was cool. :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, a Full Wipe :sad: I forgot about some of the data I needed to transfer to my external HDD [thought I moved it all]. But.. Oh well :mellow:

Upgrade? Since I had windows 10 pro, it went to 11 Pro. which I thought was cool. :)

1706106109422.png

When it come to this if you did the upgrade, it will install windows 11 over windows 10 and keep your files, and if you did used the custom option and wiped the partition then it will install a new copy of windows.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I made a game boy slide, it's a 3ds that works without the top screen. Only bad thing is since it's not modded and can't even view the firmware it has since....well...no top screen. I made it by soldering 2 resistors. I tried to connect a speaker but for whatever reason it always made the 3ds shutdown with a pop so I decided I will just use it with an R4 and some headphones

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-26 at 21.11.25.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-26 at 21.11.25.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-01-26 at 21.11.25(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-26 at 21.11.25(1).jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 12

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made a game boy slide, it's a 3ds that works without the top screen. Only bad thing is since it's not modded and can't even view the firmware it has since....well...no top screen. I made it by soldering 2 resistors. I tried to connect a speaker but for whatever reason it always made the 3ds shutdown with a pop so I decided I will just use it with an R4 and some headphones
Fun. I've seen that done with a DS, that can play GBA carts. What can you play on a single screen 3DS?

Reactions: BigOnYa

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Fun. I've seen that done with a DS, that can play GBA carts. What can you play on a single screen 3DS?
The same as with a ds I guess, you can use nes, snes, gb, gbc emulators and for gba use gbarunner2. I recall I seen some modified in order to run on the bottom screen. If it had luma I could just put the emulators on the sd card but like I said, I can use an R4 for that (yeah, in ds mode). So it's kinda worse than the ds since it has no gba slot, but if moded then it's better since you can use the sd card. If anyone has a ds/dsi/3ds with broken upper screen then here is the link for the solder points

Edit: I also did the same with a ds lite, but instead of soldering I use the screen connector and have the backlight plugged in, it's the only thing it needs

Reactions: hippy dave

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn’t take any photos, but I disassembled our gas stovetop. I cleaned all the gas jets, burners, top burner thingys. I even got the vacuum up there to suck the food out of that little area where the knobs are. Some of the burners were so clogged that boiling water took one hundred decades to boil.

The best way to clean something, especially it you cook food with it, is to take it apart as logically necessary and clean the individual pieces one by one. Just like you would take your controller apart to clean buttons, sticks, and grips.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by BigOnYa,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a similar fix to a Sonos WiFi speaker.

IMG_9928.jpeg

I then tried the speaker for a couple of weeks. It sounds great, but I hate that it didn’t have Bluetooth and I had to have an app, which needed me to sign in to my streaming service.

I later sold the speaker for $80 and got a new display and controller for my ebike.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Playing with potentiometers and USB cables.
Now this cooling thingie is kinda adjustable, some random fans stops working at very low voltage though, which is expected, so I'd probably change the 5V to 7V or maybe 9V, but I'm risking the fan's life just for the sake of faster spin and colder air me thinks.

It's been cooling old laptops pretty good, which has allowed me to play old PC games for hours without compromising the hardware with hard temperatures. Also, the air it blows feels pretty cold.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing with potentiometers and USB cables.
Now this cooling thingie is kinda adjustable, some random fans stops working at very low voltage though, which is expected, so I'd probably change the 5V to 7V or maybe 9V, but I'm risking the fan's life just for the sake of faster spin and colder air me thinks.
You should make a "PWM fan controller" circuit for it. Google it.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should make a "PWM fan controller" circuit for it. Google it.
Turning it off and on modulates fan speed?
Not gonna lie, that sounds awful.
Is this a good read about PWMs?

EDIT: Maybe I understood my first question wrongly.

With a variable resistor knob maybe. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will...