OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the numbers by the ds this week show any indication of what the wii is going to do next month then sony is finished in the game business.

Nintendo ds - 274,389
yaynds.gif

PS2 - 31,992
wtf.gif

The other guy - 25,319
ohmy.gif

damn even ps2 beat it out
laugh.gif
, and psp continues to decline....
lecture.gif
nintendo will be #1 again

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well of course even if people were blind, and also the fact they would never admit that nintendo is better at making games. Sony does ....well they use to do moves good
tongue.gif
, but even that died like the system is going to soon.

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone want to buy a PSP?
smile.gif

Gamestop does. $60. Hahaha.

Hot damn, I want to buy a PSP for 60 bucks
biggrin.gif

Yes, the PSP is definitely going to get less market share, and its definitely got worse games than the DS does. But that doesn't stop it from being a decent system in its own right. I would buy one in the 80-100 dollar range, and almost definitely until the $125 mark or so at least. Playing SNES games and PSX games (eventually, even if they are the official Sony ones only) on the go with a nice screen is worth at least that much money to me.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo has not been successful for a few years in the console market. We'll have to wait and see if it does well but I think the wii is over priced in europe but may still do well in the USA and Japan. Nintendo has always ruled the handhelds. The PSP is a good machine the thing that lets it down is originality and price. Who wants to buy watered down ps2 games.

Scorpin200

Iceman
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everything is over priced over there
laugh.gif
, and im sure they are use to it by now. Actually i don't care much for the new games on any system, and i rather play the old ones instead sometimes. I just hope this virtual console will allow for alot of the games that didn't make it here to be released again, and if so there will be a new following. Well if c64 are releasing alot of old games FINALLY then maybe we will see Dracula X over here translated, and others companies will copy the examples made by nintendo.

P.S Why wouldn't this happen after all the wii does support super cd's, so it might not be a impossible dream.

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nintendo's a veteran... can't fuck with 'em... i grew up on the nes, gb, snes, n64, gba sp & gba micro. i swapped to ps2 because my brother wanted to (and i was too young to afford anything, anyway). i had a nds but didn't like the weight and i was more into gba games, so i swapped that for a micro and i got a g6 (which i love like my own child... which i don't have lol)... and now i'm waiting on the wii... it'll help with me being stuck on house arrest... keeps me active, i hope... LOL

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why the hell is Sony fucking up with the PSP? They would be selling if they hurried up with ps1 ports, stopped making godawful commercials, made a psp-to-tv adapter (umd sales would surely rise), etc. I don't know if it would help sales, but they could EASILY add a 2nd analog/more buttons with a USB attachment (they could do a trackball, that would be badass for a handheld.)

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
yet another boring fanboy topic lol

i have a psp,ds,xbox and gamecube and love them all as they are all totally different systems and all of them are fun (plus all of them are modified in some way to play copies/homebrew too which make them even more fun)

if you took off your rose tinted glasses once in a while you would see it's pointless being tied to 1 brand when their is so much fun to be had with them all

V

vancitypimp

PSP shits on a DS in terms of Emulation. Did anybody try SNES on a DS, it plays like crap. But PSP still has some good games. A game like Tekken 5:DR can never be done on a DS.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think N's succes has a lot to do with their Blue Ocean Philosofy

"Inside Nintendo, we call our strategy “Blue Ocean.” This is in contrast to a “Red Ocean.” Seeing a Blue Ocean is the notion of creating a market where there initially was none--going out where nobody has yet gone. Red Ocean is what our competitors do--heated competition where sales are finite and the product is fairly predictable. We’re making games that are expanding our base of consumers in Japan and America. Yes, those who’ve always played games are still playing, but we’ve got people who’ve never played to start loving it with titles like Nintendogs, Animal Crossing and Brain Games. These games are Blue Ocean in action."

...and me like it
smile.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sony killed the PSP by not adding a touchscreen. Those fucking morons. It should have been obvious that a touchscreen would be the next big thing in handhelds, especially after the Zodiac.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sony killed the PSP by not adding a touchscreen. Those fucking morons. It should have been obvious that a touchscreen would be the next big thing in handhelds, especially after the Zodiac.
I think it's far from obvious. It's the same as saying that in the "game computer" era it would be obvious that "consoles" would take over the gaming market!

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony isnt playing their cards right.
They seem to be trying the gimmicks that Nintendo has been doing for some odd reason.
As much as gimmicks seem to be popular again, it just seems liek a bad time to suddenly jump into it when they are kinda the basic media machine makers they are.
Gimmicks need a little more oriognality than just what has already been done.
I guess they were waiting for it to be a little more popular first or something.

PSP has not had many great games. There are some good ones, but the machine focuses on graphics over gameplay. Wich is why most games dont seem to turn out well.
Plus Sony targets the rather popular named stuff. Say movie tie in games and what not that look like best sellers on paper if the game is good or not.

The PSP is a great media machine, but Im waiting till they go bust to buy one for a decent price.
They really messed up with its pricing here. I mean for those who have seen what the PSP is made of and have seen that the PSP sold for 150 bucks on Japan websites wonder why it costs double in the US.
The only reason is cuase they add a view extras and call it a value pack.
But then dont sell the system itself.
If they madea cheaper system only package, they woulda had moe sales.
I could also go on about the crappy D-pad, but thats a personal prefernce that has kept me from buying the machine just for hacking and emulator fun.

The DS has a more interesting look to it. Its a fresh idea and its cheap enough to afford.
Sadly that brings on more kids titles and even more movie tie ins for kids.
But developers were more interested in trying it since it was such a fresh new idea.
Though lacking the classic gameplay and just nearly skipping the whole 2D fighter genre has kinda left the PSP to receive all the good Capcom fighter ports :/
Kinda reminds me of how Dreamcast was getting all the Capcom games like mad while the PS2 was getting everything else and eventually the Capcom games.
Now the PSP is getting capcom's support and NDS is getting the other more differnt titles.
Though the dreamcast didnt have as much cheap titles.

I defintly see Sony finally falling down for once.
Though I doubt they will give up so easily.
Just wait, they've yet to pull their desperate move. They'll try something sooner or later.

But in the mean time we get some nice Wii sweatness and about everything we dreamed of playing
happy.gif

Arcade at home, but this time without boundries :3

The PS3 though, I do hope it gets some really good titles.
Even though I'll never buy one until its atleast 200 bucks or cheaper.
Sony is definitly being a little over confident this round.
599, I am not gonna sacrifice my pay check for that O-o
I gotta eat too ya know.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

I think it's far from obvious. It's the same as saying that in the "game computer" era it would be obvious that "consoles" would take over the gaming market!
Well, it was pretty obvious for me after I had tried touchscreen gaming on the Zodiac... Funny thing is I expected Sony to put it into their experimental new PSP handheld rather than Nintendo who hadn't had much courage to change anything in their many Game Boy revisions. Funny how fast things can change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER