The voice actor behind Star Fox 64's Peppy, Rick May, has passed away due to COVID-19 at age 79

gHdUNvt.png

Former arts teacher and video game voice actor, Rick May, has passed away due to complications from COVID-19. May was most known for his role as Peppy Hare in Star Fox 64, and the infamous "do a barrel roll!" quote. He also voiced Andross in the same game as well as Team Fortress 2's Soldier, and starred in many plays and stage shows throughout his career. He was recently moved into a nursing home, following a stroke he suffered in February of this year, where he caught COVID-19 and sadly passed away at the age of 79. His former workplace, the Rekindle School, shared the tragic news, and is offering to forward any condolences to May's family by emailing them to [email protected].

Rekindle School teacher Rick May has passed away.

During his long and rewarding theatrical career, Rick directed or appeared in over 300 shows, ranging from Shakespeare to musical comedy.

The long time artistic director of Renton Civic Theatre and Civic Light Opera, Rick worked over many decades as a freelance actor and director. He also toured in the award-winning one man play, Bully! An Adventure with Teddy Roosevelt.

His roles included Tevye in Fiddler On the Roof, Willy Loman in Death of a Salesman, Ben Franklin in 1776, Teddy in Arsenic and Old Lace, Pseudolus in A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To the Forum, W. O. Gant in Look Homeward, Angel, Oscar in The Odd Couple, Weller in The Gin Game, Sid in Take Me Along, Drummond in Inherit the Wind, and his personal favorite, Matthew the Storyteller in Cotton Patch Gospel, a role he performed for three seasons.

In addition to his appearance in major motion pictures, TV shows and commercials, Rick was featured in many popular video games. In “Star Fox 64” he was the voice of Peppy Hare and Andross, in “Age of Empires II” he was the narrator and voice of Genghis Khan, and was The Soldier in the ongoing game series “Team Fortress II.”

Rick had suffered a stroke in February and had been moved into the nursing home for rehabilitation. Unfortunately he caught the Covid-19 coronavirus when he was there. He was moved to Swedish hospital where he received care before he passed on.

Rick was a wonderful teacher whose classes and students meant the world to him. He’ll be deeply missed.

If you would like to send condolences to his family, if you send them to [email protected], we’ll pass them along.

:arrow: Source

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
He will still be barrel rolling in his grave for years to come every time Nintendo disgraces the Star Fox series.
I would argue it has never disgraced it. I actually love the controls* in the Wii U game. If it had an online or VS mode like in Nintendo Land, the game would have been my game of the year. The double screen idea makes little sense, but you could just swap the perspective by the press of a button.

*When I say controls I actually also mean how it affects gameplay.

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

nashismo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Sad, but I don't understand people that denies that Covid is a serious problem :/
Because it is bullshit. People die when they are old. And tests are using a bad sample that if everyone in the world would be tested, half the population would test positive for Covid19 (=half population of the world dying of the virus). Check this 38 minute analisys from a real doctor, the pneumonia phenomenon causing deaths is a REAL issue, but the deads by Covid19 could be wrong if not entirely a WHO hoax:

The only places where people are literally falling dead (or collapsing) on the streets by this strange pneumonia, is on Wuhan and Ecuador (actually recorded), they all "seem" to be linked to one thing: Huawei recently rolling out 5G, late december/january Wuhan and March Guayaquil/Quito (Ecuador). Reports of this strange pneumonia phenomenon have also been seen on Milan and New York, described by real doctors (working on ER's), not CNN tearless crying nurses or propaganda creators (most mainstream media). This phenomenon is also said to be Covid19. The rest of the world like in my country Chile (without 5G yet) there is a small % of people infected, but it does not matter, because tests seem to be useless (as described and explained thoroughly in the video above). And by watching the local news, not a single person here (in Chile) shares the pneumonia effects seen on Milan, New York, Ecuador or Wuhan, perhaps confirming the suppossed link between 5G installation and the pneumonia phenomenon.

That's my objective analisys of the matter (as brainwashed free as I could).

Last edited by nashismo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...