Homebrew The (Un)Official 3DS Homebrew Development Guide

Wolfsbane1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just run make install and it should automatically put the files where they should be. Just a note but rename the make folder just "sf2d" because the library file will be named the same as the folder and in the makefiles it will simply be "-lsf2d" and not "-llibsf2d-master"
Ok. So right click + shift and run "make install?"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry if im asking too much but im just starting out with 3ds programming.

MistWisp

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a question, if i have a backgroud image with sf2dlib how can i print and clear text on top of that image?

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: I have not been working on this since I haven't been able to get the latest picasso compiled and I have not gotten mp3 loading working. I will start to continue working on other chapters today like the Citro3D chapter on light and the PICA200 instruction set.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a question, if i have a backgroud image with sf2dlib how can i print and clear text on top of that image?
And sorry for taking so long, but I'm gonna have to research this.

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure you can use sftdlib. I think there's a function to free the font (provided it's a ttf) from memory too, though I could be wrong.

OP, how much C experience do you have?

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I get back to this, I'm going to have to totally remove the SF2D libs, since they're totally obsolete now. I'll probably re-do those chapters on another C image lib like SDL_image (part of SDL for 3DS) or something.

Reactions: outeh and renhei

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, I had a lot of things going on in life since last year. Mainly, with the additional new daily job. Can't contribute as much as I wanted. I don't feel bad though, because it is a necessity for me to survive.

Even though the programming codebase is available in Github, if you need any help in understanding the lessons after lesson 2 for the full programming guide, let me know and I'll try my best to nudge a bit of extra time to explain what the code is about. I'm sure the code should be fairly readable, but no guarantees.

Reactions: YugamiSekai

wikipeixoto

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The links are no longer open to the public ("You need access"). I've request access, but since this may be by accident due to google's change in policies over the years, I thought I might let you know.

Could you share new links to the documents? (maybe even to the original docs so someone could continue the work?)

GoKuMoDsz

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Good day, I kindly ask if you can send me the guides to be able to download them currently ide access and some links are down I am quite interested in the idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...