Gaming The Switch is an interesting platform for emulation! Especially as a handheld.

• Thread starter nmkd
  • Start date
  • Views 4,207
  • Replies 36
  • Likes 3

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, given its architecture, it should be easier to develop for at any rate. That is, if an exploit is ever found and worked on. A nice psx emulator would be lovely.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
The most amazing part about this whole thread is how you time traveled and saw the specs of the switch to even know how amazing the emulation will be

Can you confirm the release date and price too? I'm not able to time travel.
Huh, it's supposed to run BoTW in some shape or form, so it DOES have good specs compared to those of regular handhelds. It's not far fetched.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, it's supposed to run BoTW in some shape or form, so it DOES have good specs compared to those of regular handhelds. It's not far fetched.
It can run one game. That doesnt determine anything at all.

All we know is it will have a custom Tegra chip. This thread shouldn't exist until January 12th.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It can run one game. That doesnt determine anything at all.

All we know is it will have a custom Tegra chip. This thread shouldn't exist until January 12th.
.... Yes, it does. Emulation . It is powerful enough to run BoTW. It most likely is powerful enough to emulate games. Hell, PS1 emulation, for example.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
If this is correct link, with the controllers off, it is not that much bigger than the Vita.
Controllers are probably always going to be needed when gaming, so leaving them at home when travelling is not an option. Which brings me back to size, weight...

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
So you can't put the controllers into a different pocket or whatever you are carrying?
You can do lots of things. Are they convenient? I'd argue no. I can only speak for myself but I'm guessing many will be feeling the same. The unit is too bulky (for a portable) and yet too small when 2 people are sharing the same screen.

Last edited by foob,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do lots of things. Are they convenient? I'd argue no. I can only speak for myself but I'm guessing many will be feeling the same. The unit is too bulky (for a portable) and yet too small when 2 people are sharing the same screen.
I disagree. If this was one unit you had to fit in your pocket or bag, I would tend to agree, but it isn't. Base on that latest video, it isn't even that bulky. People already carrying big devices already, anyway, and they may just get even bigger. For a lot of people, just throwing into a bag with their other stuff wouldn't be a problem. Again, that 2 people thing is just a nice side feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone