Gaming The Switch is an interesting platform for emulation! Especially as a handheld.

• Thread starter nmkd
  • Start date
  • Views 4,202
  • Replies 36
  • Likes 3

nmkd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let me guess: this technical information comes with a certified "it's on the internet, therefore it must be true"-label? :P
I just expect the Switch to have at least 500 GFLOPS which is pretty realistic. Some sources even say "around 1 TFLOPS".

//Sent from my glorious OnePlus X

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Let me guess: this technical information comes with a certified "it's on the internet, therefore it must be true"-label? :P
No, but since it's supposed to be Ninty's next big console, it has to be more powerful than the Wii U, and even that was several times as powerful as the Vita.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
sshhh... I'm trying to get smea to like my post. ;)
lmao, this is part of my profile post collection ;D

dc0403902f709fcbc630dd04b0e3745d.png

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think I prefer to can run gc and ps2 games with a better smartphone and put into my pocket with a small control than carry the switch book around.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I think I prefer to can run gc and ps2 games with a better smartphone and put into my pocket with a small control than carry the switch book around.
investors are angry because Japaneses like to use their smartphone and not carry yet another device for gaemz...
and i agree with you and understand the investors part...

nintendo had an oppurtunity here, what about an actual tablet and smartphone (android or modified android) with detachable joy cons..
the smartphone could hide the controlls in the back of the device and you could pull them from the sides (which would change to game mode, a custom menu to open games)
like the psp GO, but instead of opening up and have the controls in the bottom, it has them in each sides!

Reactions: Subtle Demise

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
investors are angry because Japaneses like to use their smartphone and not carry yet another device for gaemz...

nintendo had an oppurtunity here, what about an actual tablet and smartphone (android or modified android) with detachable joy cons..
the smartphone could hide the controlls in the back of the device and you could pull them from the sides (which would change to game mode, a custom menu to open games)
like the psp GO, but instead of opening up and have the controls in the bottom, it has them in each sides!
Huh... Imo, that wouldn't work. You want another OUYA?

Reactions: DrkBeam

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Purely anecdotal, but in the 4 months I was in Japan, I saw a lot more adults carrying around a 3DS in public than I have in the US since the 3DS was released. While your argument generally makes sense, I don't think this is a situation where the Japanese market is the anomaly, and I highly doubt you have facts to back up that statement.

In terms of portability, a tablet is not as portable as a phone and hardly more portable than the Switch itself. There would have been no portability benefit for them to make it a true tablet device instead of a dedicated gaming platform. The trade-off would have been much worse, as being locked in to the Android ecosystem would have created numerous problems for Nintendo. At the very least, there is a good portion of the gamer demographic that buys console games explicitly because they have their own dedicated platform, and are not part of some open round-robin of mixed quality like Android.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
If the Switch fails (or if it doesn't), having something that emulates well would be a great thing for all the retro gaming fans and for those not keen on paying for (likely expensive) Switch games. I simply don't know enough about Switch hardware to say whether the Switch is powerful (or not), good (or not) or suitable (or not). For gaming on-the-go I still prefer something far smaller than the Switch (like the Vita) and probably can't see myself taking this thing out-and-about too much.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most amazing part about this whole thread is how you time traveled and saw the specs of the switch to even know how amazing the emulation will be

Can you confirm the release date and price too? I'm not able to time travel.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone