The software was closed because an error occurred right after i load game

i have latest sigpatches firmware and atmosphere there old games
tried 2 different sd cards and formatted in fat32 w 64kb

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the odds? For example I've tried 3 different sources for Captain Toad and all have the same issue. Donkey Kong and Pokémon both work though.
For games that weren't working for me that were for example nsp i would look for the XCI then convert it to NSP myself. There's an app somewhere out there.
Post automatically merged:

whats odd for example i tried 3 different sources for captain toad and all the same issue. donkey kong pokemon all work though
OP says the latest patches are already there.

ceeka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same issue with Tears of the Kingdom. I didn't realise when I installed edizon and downloaded cheats that they were all automatically turned on by default. I changed the systemsettings.ini setting to disable cheats by default and I still had the problem with TOTK loading. This was the only game that would get the error message despite other games having cheats.

Try holding the L button when booting the games. If they load you know what the problem is. I was able to complete fix the problem by downloading and replacing the systemsettings.ini file with another ini file provided by user LeyendaV

Attachments

• system_settings.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 56

KatL

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same issue with Tears of the Kingdom. I didn't realise when I installed edizon and downloaded cheats that they were all automatically turned on by default. I changed the systemsettings.ini setting to disable cheats by default and I still had the problem with TOTK loading. This was the only game that would get the error message despite other games having cheats.

Try holding the L button when booting the games. If they load you know what the problem is. I was able to complete fix the problem by downloading and replacing the systemsettings.ini file with another ini file provided by user LeyendaV
You just saved my friggin life dude. I don't have cheats for scarlet and I spent over 4 hours reinstalling and updating and firmware updating etc. today. Oh my god. Thank you so much.

iiBOU

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
You just saved my friggin life dude. I don't have cheats for scarlet and I spent over 4 hours reinstalling and updating and firmware updating etc. today. Oh my god. Thank you so much.
Hello I have the same problem with Mariokart and I see this sulotion Which you are talking about, can you please tell me the path With which I can replace the file .

Hello I have the same problem with Mariokart and I see this sulotion Which you are talking about, can you please tell me the path With which I can replace the file

Hello I have the same problem with Mariokart and I see this sulotion Which you are talking about, can you please tell me the path With which I can replace the file

• Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello I have the same problem with Mariokart and I see this sulotion Which you are talking about, can you please tell me the path With which I can replace the file .
If you're talking about system_settings.ini file, it should go into atmosphere/config folder.

Reactions: iiBOU

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thank you I doit in that path , but the same I still have the same problem thank you for replying
Provided that you have the latest Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches and/or sys-patch module installed (you might wanna try with a fresh setup as well by following one of the written guides), did you try going into maintenance mode in order to clear cache? Sometimes that fixes the software refusing to start. Here's how:
  1. Make sure that your Internet connection is disabled if you're connected right now and remove any saved connections as well (unless you have DNS MITM in place).
  2. Turn off your console (when in home menu, hold the power button for a few seconds and select power off).
  3. Right before you send your fusse.bin payload, hold volume + and volume - at the same time. Keep holding until you get into maintenance mode (you'll see Atmosphere bootlogo first, Switch logo after that one). After a while your Switch should enter into the maintenance mode. At this point the cache is cleared as well as any pending update you don't need to press and/or select anything.
  4. Press the power button once again. It'll shut down the console.
  5. Boot into CFW the way you usually do and make sure to activate flight mode. (Connecting to the Internet is safe only if you have DNS MITM in place.)
  6. Problematic game should work now.
If that didn't help either, try reinstalling the problematic game with the latest DBI installer. Here's a good video on how to use it.
Otherwise, check this thread for other possible solutions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2