The Sims 3 Pets BLUS30803

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got rar of the The Sims 3 Pets BLUS30803. In the rar was folder of: The Sims 3 Pets BLUS30803 and inside is folders: PS3_GAME, PS3_UPDATE and file: PS3_DISC.SFB

WTF do I do with it? I tried numerous things with no luck. I know you don't ISO or put folder in GAMES. I actually crashed the PS3 trying to figure it out (PS3 is fine). yes, my 1st PS3 dload game. The PSP was easy to figure out but the PS3 is more involved and trying to learn the in/out of it.

Thanks,
ISO-Man

PS: Still looking for a PS3 file manager for win10

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use ps3 iso tools to convert that game to iso. Use makeps3iso in ps3 iso tools, which should be default.
I did that already and it showed up on game list but as bad.. it suppose to be a hybrid (whatever that means). I did find little info on it. I guess I need to put the folders in different folders on the PS3 and the file in another. I found 'Freestore/NoPayStation' thought i would try that out. Looking for a Windows file manager for PS3, I am learning more about the PS3. No real tutorials like the Wii and 360 has or I haven't found yet. I did learn that the PS3 has a very sensitive file system the hard way, lol.

Thanks,
ISO-Man

Last edited by ISO-Man,

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you loading it?
tried many ways.. converted to iso and placed in ps3iso.. dumped files in game.. then tried games.. rom... packages.. you get the idea. I will try the info I found about putting the folders in the right ps3 folders with file going to the right ps3 folder.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a jb rip. It goes in games if not converted. Place it in its own folder, everything but the update folder. That can be deleted.

Reactions: ISO-Man

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a jb rip. It goes in games if not converted. Place it in its own folder, everything but the update folder. That can be deleted.
Steps I'm doing.. 1) I copy the folder to GAME. I hightlight and select PS3_GAME and copy. I goto PS3ISO and paste as ISO?

Using PS3 ISO TOOL: I select the folder that holds PS3_GAME,PS3UPDATE and it makes an ISO. The iso shows up on the list like the iso's PS3 made from retail cd's. When I click on my made ISO, it kicks me back to OEM dashboard. I have to reboot, if I don't MM will freeze on boot.

I tried it through PS3 and on Windows.
I have done everything that i know of.. or am I ?
Same results for JB and my game folders.

Thanks,
ISO-Man

Update: I got the Sim's 3 Pets working by extracting ISO and removing PS3_UPDATE. I still can't get my Minecraft folder to work (not download).. basically none of my game folders are working. it shows on oem dashboard as unsupported data.. i know it's me doing something wrong.

Last edited by ISO-Man,

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not game its games
GAME, games.. POTATOE potatoes, lol. I have spent countless hours on this. I did pull everything off my old oem drive. Since they all have the same issue.. I figure Minecraft is a nice small one to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Am I doing it right?
I take NPUB31419 from games and put it in GAME.
Inside NPUB31419 I make a folder PS3_GAME.
I copy all files/folders in NPUB31419 and put them in PS3_GAME.

Thanks,
ISO-Man

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GAME, games.. POTATOE potatoes, lol. I have spent countless hours on this. I did pull everything off my old oem drive. Since they all have the same issue.. I figure Minecraft is a nice small one to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Am I doing it right?
I take NPUB31419 from games and put it in GAME.
Inside NPUB31419 I make a folder PS3_GAME.
I copy all files/folders in NPUB31419 and put them in PS3_GAME.

Thanks,
ISO-Man
that is incorrect. it goes in games if it's a jb (folder) game. that NPUB31419 is a psn game, which may or may not work without a license. there's a program called psn liberator that works with some games but not all. if you want it on an external, it needs to be in a folder called gamei for game data tool, which you can enable with webman mod. I don't know about the others, but multiman is outdated. the game folder on internal is where psn games go officially as well as updates and dlc. if you put it in that folder, you'll need a license. the license is a 16 byte rap that you can inject with psn patch or even cobra by itself. it's named after the content id as well. since it's just a standalone folder, I think someone used psn liberator on it, so that can go in games, but I think it has to be a fat32 drive, not sure if ntfs works with jb games or just iso.

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is incorrect. it goes in games if it's a jb (folder) game. that NPUB31419 is a psn game, which may or may not work without a license. there's a program called psn liberator that works with some games but not all. if you want it on an external, it needs to be in a folder called gamei for game data tool, which you can enable with webman mod. I don't know about the others, but multiman is outdated. the game folder on internal is where psn games go officially as well as updates and dlc. if you put it in that folder, you'll need a license. the license is a 16 byte rap that you can inject with psn patch or even cobra by itself. it's named after the content id as well. since it's just a standalone folder, I think someone used psn liberator on it, so that can go in games, but I think it has to be a fat32 drive, not sure if ntfs works with jb games or just iso.
THANK YOU !!!

OOPS, i got my game GAMES revered in steps. i should take a break, lol.

Thanks,
ISO-Man

Last edited by ISO-Man,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isos go in the PS3ISO folder, think you may have to use ntfs, but I've never used that format, I put everything on my internal drive, since I don't have that many games.

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isos go in the PS3ISO folder, think you may have to use ntfs, but I've never used that format, I put everything on my internal drive, since I don't have that many games.
I liberated minecraft as iso. I start it and I go back to oem dashboard and it's there. Great, I got it working... BUT when I start it, I get just a black screen. I did Port Royale 3.. same thing. I'm getting closer. Libertaor is locked on 4.21 and won't and 3.55 is locked out. I Know you stated on a thread somewhere else that 3.55 seems to fix these issues. I grabbed minecraft pckg same time I grabbed the rap file, but I like to use my own minecraft since I know it is real... I guess I could try the pckg with liberator and convert it to folder or iso to see what's inside?

Thsnks,
ISO-Man

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll need the rap and the klicense for psn liberator. psn liberator as well as ps3 tools has a database of klicenses. those are for edats (encrypted data) files and sometimes sprx (encrypted plugin) files. I've only seen two games that had the sprx encrypted with the klicense, so it's quite rare. anyway, the database will be used automatically by psn liberator. however, if the game isn't in the database, you may have a problem, because there are two main ways to get the klicense. one, which is the easiest, is using the system and the klicense logger in cfw tools (over the network tier). the file the recorded klicense will be in is the log file inside of dev_hdd0/tmp . the second way is to bruteforce the klicense with one of the apps of ps3 tools. this can take a while. one thing to note is that, if nothing is logged by the system (first method), then the edat is dummy and can be deleted or renamed. the bruteforce method will not tell you this, so you kinda have to guess if you think it's dummy then. psn liberator won't know this either, so it will ask for the klicense if it's not in its database. I know it sounds confusing, but it gets easier to understand this stuff over time. I don't think you're issue will be corrected with psn liberator tbh. a black screen usually means something is wrong with a sprx file in my experience, like it's not resigned as free (if it's a psn game) or it's missing, etc. 4.21 is what you what you want, because the keys have not changed since then. do not use 3.55, because often 3.55 fixes do not work with 4.xx firmware. the reason is that the 3.55 keys were revoked by the pkg revoke file in the core os. that was sony's way to combat piracy on higher firmware.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What i am seeing here is that you are trying too many things at the same time. If you want to play minecraft just get the iso and mount it with webman. We are here to help but I am not one who write an essay. There are other methods but that the beauty of this; a nice time sink.

ISO-Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i am seeing here is that you are trying too many things at the same time. If you want to play minecraft just get the iso and mount it with webman. We are here to help but I am not one who write an essay. There are other methods but that the beauty of this; a nice time sink.
You are probably right about trying too many things at the same time, lol. I am using minecraft since it is small. Also, if I had ISO then that game folder will be off my list to do. Last, It's great to learn!

you'll need the rap and the klicense for psn liberator. psn liberator as well as ps3 tools has a database of klicenses. those are for edats (encrypted data) files and sometimes sprx (encrypted plugin) files. I've only seen two games that had the sprx encrypted with the klicense, so it's quite rare. anyway, the database will be used automatically by psn liberator. however, if the game isn't in the database, you may have a problem, because there are two main ways to get the klicense. one, which is the easiest, is using the system and the klicense logger in cfw tools (over the network tier). the file the recorded klicense will be in is the log file inside of dev_hdd0/tmp . the second way is to bruteforce the klicense with one of the apps of ps3 tools. this can take a while. one thing to note is that, if nothing is logged by the system (first method), then the edat is dummy and can be deleted or renamed. the bruteforce method will not tell you this, so you kinda have to guess if you think it's dummy then. psn liberator won't know this either, so it will ask for the klicense if it's not in its database. I know it sounds confusing, but it gets easier to understand this stuff over time. I don't think you're issue will be corrected with psn liberator tbh. a black screen usually means something is wrong with a sprx file in my experience, like it's not resigned as free (if it's a psn game) or it's missing, etc. 4.21 is what you what you want, because the keys have not changed since then. do not use 3.55, because often 3.55 fixes do not work with 4.xx firmware. the reason is that the 3.55 keys were revoked by the pkg revoke file in the core os. that was sony's way to combat piracy on higher firmware.

I have the RAP and Liberator has the Klicense. I have been playing with liberator on Minecraft. Several things mentioned above I figured out. I am taking break today from it. I'm getting a much better understanding with Liberator by trial/error using logs helped alot. You have been great, Thanks again.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof