Timo710

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okey, since people are all starting to create 1 topic for each sig they make, I figured it would be better to make 1 big threat.In this thread you can rate and show off your sigs!

I'll start :
fmasigsz1.jpg

Edowardo Elric and Alphonse Elric from FMA.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a good idea methinks. People are still going to want to do individual threads if they're looking for help and actively asking for critiques. This would be nice for those that just want to show off their creations though. Especially for those that like to change their sigs often (like me,) this could be a nice archive for that sort of thing. Y'know, "Changing sigs? Leave the old one here!"

Example: I love Hanafuda's newest ava/sig but the old one was classic (noodle nose, you remember..) and I never got around to dragging off a copy.

hmmm...

*considers a sticky thread*

Let's see how this goes.

In the meantime..
lolsatan16.gif

My first sig... it didn't last long cuz I didn't want to give the wrong impression.
I just love Albrecht Dürer's engravings, but I always thought, if I met his version of the devil, I wouldn't be scared...
..I'd laugh my ass off!

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I like having individual threads, that way the people making the topic think they have a nice enough sig/ava to post a topic about, and that its worth checking out... but for a mass topic like this that everyone would post in when the tweak their sig.. loses its appeal to me

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Taka.M: Seconded. If someone just wants to display a sig without crits then... well isn't that the whole point of an actual sig in the first place? And being able to find old sigs and pics requires the person to leave them on their image server which, despite being good practice, a lot of people don't bother doing (grr!). In 6 months we'd just have a thread full of broken image links.

I'm sorry, it's a nice idea in theory but I doubt it'll work, it'll just get full of crap from brand new members slapping them on there when they're settling in rather than sigs that are actually good.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Heh heh, I was secretly waiting for Psyfira to chime in with her opinion (which I value btw.)

I'm sure there'd be a lot of broken links in time (see GBAtemp Hotel thread) but since sigs are generally small, I'd think people would be more prone to leave them on their server if they're proud of them. Also it would give people a chance to snag a cool sig (yes I've collected a few) if someone changed theirs without warning (which is always the case.) I mean I guess you could pm them and say "can I grab your sig for my collection" but that's a little embarrassing. Plus some, while reticent to start a whole new thread, might be more inclined to show off a little in an existing one. Also, it would serve as a notice that someone changed sigs and this could be a kind of burial mound.. as morose as that sounds.
happy.gif

Idunno, I still think it's a good idea, what's everybody else think, hmmmm?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Sucks to be honest, I'd rather get opinions for just me in my own thread.
Of course you would, and there'd be nothing stopping you from doing that. I'm not meaning it should be a mandatory depository, just an option for those that didn't have quite the talent/pride that you do, but still wanted to make a "little" statement, or lay an old sig to rest.

..but I'm starting to get talked out of it.. I mean if it's not a good idea, it's not a good idea, and I'm not a big fan of useless stickies cluttering up the top.

..and Psyfira.. you rarely disappoint... believe it or not, I quite like opinionated people, even if, or especially because, I'm a little wishy-washy myself
happy.gif

(Does it show? Does my butt look big in these pants?)

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If people could host signatures by posting them here, I could see a point. Or if we brought back the gallery section of this forum, there might be a point. But as it stands, this topic would only serve as an archive of sorts. It would only work if you forced folks to post their new sigs here, rather than create new topics. But its not like we have 20 new sig topics being made per day here, so theres no need for that.

This just wont work.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, uhm your sig is , uhm well, uhm, not really to pretty, but it does has the same feeling to it as your avatar which gives a good vibe....
I can't tell who you're talking about... if Radivax, what can I say, I like green. If me, what can I say, I lack skills.

Oh by the way Radivax, I find your sig tremendous in more ways than one...
.. specifically the size. You need to cut it down to 50k or less. Thanks!

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mthrnite, I don't mean to sound rude but what is up with the guy riding the wiener dog? Is it some kind of famous bedtime story or something? Please, I am begging you to tell me, every time I see it I go crazy.....

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday