Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loserkidsblink182 said:
naglaro00 said:
Question1: Sometimes when I throw a Pokeball at a wild Pokemon, it says "it is already caught". Is this normal?

Whoa. Really? I've honestly.. never encountered that. Ever. Is that the exact message, word for word? And are you using a patched translated version?
Yes. I'm using an original cart

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Weird, now I've gotten a bit of a technical issue.

I had no problem reading pokemon from my retail Heart Gold to my flashed Platinum.

Just tonight I've been trying to trade. Both trainers are in the trainer room, just fine. Then when I go next to one and press "A", I get a blue screen and a "A communication error has occured." message. Heart Gold goes back to the title screen, and Platinum refreshes the Union Room.

I just tried battling between the two, and it worked fine.

Weird, considering this worked just a few days ago.

I've reset both. Switched DSes. Updated to the latest firmware.

Any suggestions?

imag0097g.jpg

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
loserkidsblink182 said:
Weird, now I've gotten a bit of a technical issue.

I had no problem reading pokemon from my retail Heart Gold to my flashed Platinum.

Just tonight I've been trying to trade. Both trainers are in the trainer room, just fine. Then when I go next to one and press "A", I get a blue screen and a "A communication error has occured." message. Heart Gold goes back to the title screen, and Platinum refreshes the Union Room.

I just tried battling between the two, and it worked fine.

Weird, considering this worked just a few days ago.

I've reset both. Switched DSes. Updated to the latest firmware.

Any suggestions?

imag0097g.jpg

Eh, an update on my situation. It has nothing to do with the flash copy of Platinum. The problem cart is Heart Gold, which again, is retail.

I can be in the Union Room alone on my Heart Gold cart. When I select the "Chat" option, I get the same error message. I've been using Nitro Hax, and I recently selected "Enable all Phrases".. or.. whatever it was. I'm wondering if maybe this is causing communication to crash. Is there any way to reset my phrases? And does anyone else have any better ideas?

Reuuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys 1st post here
i have a problem, i downloaded a clean soul silver rom and started playing on my dstt card and yes i know it freezes alot and black screens come up when i go out of a place or enter

that's not the problem the problem is after i finished the fourth gym i saved and turned off the ds, later on i turned it on and tapped continue then this black screen came up and it won't go away !!

it comes up everytime i wanna play the game became unplayable so from what i've heard the game should run with freezes and black screens but NOT unplayable
is there anything i can do to make it at least playable i don't care about the freezes i save alot

please help me i really appreciate it

loserkidsblink18

Trophies
Website
ryanmcnamara.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
My problem was resolved. For future reference, if anyone else comes across that, it was caused by the "unlock all phrases" cheat. Elixir took it off the cheat database already. I'm assuming once he releases a code to reset them, or using Pokesav to do it rather, trading should work fine.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
My team currently is
lvl 16 bayleef
lvl 16 pidgey
lvl 12 cyndaquil
lvl 11 shiny geodude
lvl 16 totodile
and lvl 11 mareep
I can't beat sliver, my pokes are too underlevel'd. Where should i train then till 20?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Reuuka said:
Hi guys 1st post here
i have a problem, i downloaded a clean soul silver rom and started playing on my dstt card and yes i know it freezes alot and black screens come up when i go out of a place or enter

that's not the problem the problem is after i finished the fourth gym i saved and turned off the ds, later on i turned it on and tapped continue then this black screen came up and it won't go away !!

it comes up everytime i wanna play the game became unplayable so from what i've heard the game should run with freezes and black screens but NOT unplayable
is there anything i can do to make it at least playable i don't care about the freezes i save alot

There is no fix for that, it's a known problem. Your only solution is to buy the game or get an acekard 2. After you get your fourth badge, it's unplayable.
hate2.gif

Luckily, i got an acekard
yaynds.gif

Almost unused emote
hrth.gif
tpi.gif
moogle.gif

Medaskar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I saved my game yesterday, but when I try to load my game it only gives me a black screen.

I use a Supercard DSonei with the newest firmware.

Thank you in advance!

Register

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naglaro00 said:
Question: Can I replace HM moves with moves learned during levelling up?

No.
HM moves are permanent, in the sense that they cannot be overwritten by other HM moves, TM moves, or learn-through-level-up moves. However, there IS a Move Deleter, that can have a Pokemon unlearn HM moves (he's located in Blackthorn).

Gtfo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where do I find Suicine?

I've encountered Misty and her Boyfriend but I haven't battled her at the gym yet... Do I have to defeat Misty first in order to find Suicine or what?

~ Greg

EDIT: Don't worry guys, I had to beat Misty, haha.
Now time to go back to the Power Plant :-)

snuitergup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I did everything I had to do I think but there's a problem with Lance. I cought the red gyarados before the5th or 6th gym. I beat the 6th one and went to the lake of rage. I should find Lance there... but he doesn't show up. (I also didn't get a red scale when catching the red gyarados if that was something you should really get) What do I have to do now?

eXT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snuitergup said:
Okay I did everything I had to do I think but there's a problem with Lance. I cought the red gyarados before the5th or 6th gym. I beat the 6th one and went to the lake of rage. I should find Lance there... but he doesn't show up. (I also didn't get a red scale when catching the red gyarados if that was something you should really get) What do I have to do now?

That sounds really odd to me. Are you sure you didn't get the Red Scale? I'm not completely sure, but it's a possibility that the lack of that item is causing Lance not to show up.

eXT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
Reuuka said:
Hi guys 1st post here

There is no fix for that, it's a known problem. Your only solution is to buy the game or get an acekard 2. After you get your fourth badge, it's unplayable.
hate2.gif

Luckily, i got an acekard
yaynds.gif

Almost unused emote
hrth.gif
tpi.gif
moogle.gif

I'm pretty sure that there was a patch by Rudolph finally released for the US versions.

The thread can be found here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=217811

Hope I wasn't too late! Happy gaming.

snuitergup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eXT said:
snuitergup said:

That sounds really odd to me. Are you sure you didn't get the Red Scale? I'm not completely sure, but it's a possibility that the lack of that item is causing Lance not to show up.
It really wasn't there :wtf: I tried to use a cheat that gives all the items so it includes the red scale... went to the Lake of rage but still nothing! I also went to mr pokemon and back but he still isn't there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone