vinnyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, so i think some of y'all saw my old thread

https://gbatemp.net/threads/doing-one-for-the-science-team-and-sending-my-hacked-switch-for-repair-to-nintendo.618923/

about sending my modded switch to Nintendo repairs. Here's what just happened. So i got the usual call i had to take from Nintendo support about the usual shit they do, at first its looking great.
"We've ran an inspection and have found the issues you have reported blah blah blah" and then... bombshell dropped.
"We refuse to operate on this switch system as it has actually been banned from our Nintendo servers" okay well shit, this sorta answers my question of what will happen if you mail your hacked switch to Nintendo, but here's the deal, before I mailed it (like the exact day i was packing it) it wasn't banned, i could access there server and everything, but only now it is? idk I'm kinda new to switch hacking and I'm really confused on why only now it is banned. anyway that's not the point.
Basically: TLDR: if you mail your hacked switch to Nintendo for repairs, even if you get rid of all the homebrew apps they will refuse to fix it.
also i still gotta pay 50 bucks for the inspection which i find funny bro. Basically what their doing is holding my switch for ransom. They're like "we can get rid of this system free of charge or you could pay the 50 bucks for the inspection and get it back"
overall... don't do it I guess??? unless you wanna annoy Nintendo by sending them a hacked switch and then acting like you had 0 clue what they're on about.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Simple, was banned in the time between you sending it and them getting it or they connected it online and it was banned as you didn't do a clean MMC restore

vinnyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
oh yeah something to note, couldn't care less about the ban, I'm gonna get a switch oled for actual games and keep the banned switch for homebrew stuff and emulators

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know Australian warranty laws but most things vaguely based on UK common law/in the modern world will have wording to the effect of "unless it was the device owner's action/misuse that caused the problem then you have to honour the warranty", though they will try to wriggle out of it. Of course 50 Australian fun dollars and value of a Switch places it outside any small claims court (though if it is just the "fee" then that could be within the remit of such, don't know what accelerated courts there are there these days but many places have them) and if you have to pay your own solicitor then... that is not a cheap hobby either.

Reactions: Satangel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Chronic The HempHog