Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Wow, they did it this time. In the 3rd Edition of 1.35 Sakura the only thing I can see that's changed is that any game with the ID of 3000 or above it's cheats don't work.

Like if you goto any game with the ID of 3000 above and click Select Cheats. It will load for about 15 seconds, then it will stop and nothing will happen, like you never pushed the button.

I don't know if AR Type B Pointer Codes work though. Anyone give me a cheat code that's an Pointer Type B one on one of the following games:
all game id's are more than 3000 ... ex: YJZJ-3650D48F...or do you mean game release with a NDS game release # of 3000 of higher like 3541 Pokemon Platinum?? then you can't select the cheats???

nope..no problems here

and Type B codes works fine

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
DeltaBurnt said:
Wow, they did it this time. In the 3rd Edition of 1.35 Sakura the only thing I can see that's changed is that any game with the ID of 3000 or above it's cheats don't work.

Like if you goto any game with the ID of 3000 above and click Select Cheats. It will load for about 15 seconds, then it will stop and nothing will happen, like you never pushed the button.

I don't know if AR Type B Pointer Codes work though. Anyone give me a cheat code that's an Pointer Type B one on one of the following games:
all game id's are more than 3000 ... ex: YJZJ-3650D48F...or do you mean game release with a NDS game release # of 3000 of higher like 3541 Pokemon Platinum?? then you can't select the cheats???

nope..no problems here

and Type B codes works fine

Yah I meant the game release #, sorry.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sound like you have an old cheat database in the firmware - the one supplied with 1.35 3rd was last modified in Dec so not up to date. Have you put the latest one on to the card?

Metallion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just discovered Sakura a short while ago and starting to like it more and more. Still a few questions though.
1. Is it possible to set the time to wait before the screensaver kicks in?
2. Is it possible to stop the icons from appearing on the top screen when scrolling? I hate it how they cover up my pretty wallpaper.

Keep up the good work!

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kittymat said:
Sound like you have an old cheat database in the firmware - the one supplied with 1.35 3rd was last modified in Dec so not up to date. Have you put the latest one on to the card?

Yah that might be it, but I mean even still it doesn't really have much to do with what I'm getting. If it were that there were no cheats then it would just take me to the cheat list and have a blank list. This trys to load for a little bit, stops, and acts like I never pushed the button.

Ranma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't get those B type cheats or whatever to work. I have the latest upload from the OP in this topic, but they aren't working. I tested Pokemon Platinum through Touchpod but it refused to even load and I'm not sure what other games use this type of code. Can someone upload their system folder that they've confirmed working with these codes? I'm having to use vanilla touchpod for Pokemon, which you might be able to guess is a fairly painful experience. =\

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Ranma said:
I can't get those B type cheats or whatever to work. I have the latest upload from the OP in this topic, but they aren't working. I tested Pokemon Platinum through Touchpod but it refused to even load and I'm not sure what other games use this type of code. Can someone upload their system folder that they've confirmed working with these codes? I'm having to use vanilla touchpod for Pokemon, which you might be able to guess is a fairly painful experience. =\
it's not the codes that causes the problem.....most if not all of the pokemon games doesn't load on Touchpod that comes with Sakura 1.35..use the standalone version of Touchpod or use Sakura then it should load fine!!

to test Type B codes, you can try the MarioKart DS always have item codes, Contra (4) Moon Jump or Super Rapid Fire

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So from what everyone is saying, if you just download the new Sakura and get the latest cheat.db file, things should work out, right? To hell with TouchPod; I haven't found a single game I haven't been able to get to work on Sakura. I just use TouchPod for homebrew that doesn't work. Or should I even waste my time on downloading the new Sakura? I have the second edition of 1.35.

Ranma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dsrules said:
Ranma said:
it's not the codes that causes the problem.....most if not all of the pokemon games doesn't load on Touchpod that comes with Sakura 1.35..use the standalone version of Touchpod or use Sakura then it should load fine!!

to test Type B codes, you can try the MarioKart DS always have item codes, Contra (4) Moon Jump or Super Rapid Fire

Thanks for the info about Pokemon. I just tested the moon jump code for Contra 4 and it's not working for me in Sakura. It works in Sakura's touchpod, though.
frown.gif
Am I going to have to wait for an update to Sakura itself? The loading screen claims it's using 4.3A but going into touchpod it says 4.3c X. Could that be a problem?

The Executor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is Dsi really worth it? i mean in my area there is a deal if u trade in ds lite and 2 games then u get dsi at cheap price. could sakura run on dsi?

da1writer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Executor said:
is Dsi really worth it? i mean in my area there is a deal if u trade in ds lite and 2 games then u get dsi at cheap price. could sakura run on dsi?
The DSi currently only have a few Flashcards available to work with it; AceKard2, EZ Flash Vi, or any other card that has the "i" after all the letters on the card.
There isn't really high support right now though and even the major card makers like the M3 Team (M3 DS Real maker) and Cyclops team (CycloDS Evolution maker) don't have their cards out for it yet. So the answer currently is no, Sakura currently won't run on the DSi due to the fact that the M3 Team hasn't done a DSi Flashcart yet (iTouch2 soon though).

Frankly in my opinion, I think the DSi is worthless. I was in the almost same predicament but I did tons of research and came to find out I can do so much more with a DS Lite than the DSi.

DS Lite:
(with flash carts)
Slot 1 and 2 available
Can use Expansion Packs
-For GBA support (DS Lite still has a GBA slot)
-Allows ScummVM Support for LARGER GAMES (Full Throttle, etc.)
-Can access Web Browser
- Allow certain homebrew (like Quake 2) to access the extra ram
Listen to MP3's
Watch Movies
Check out Photos
High DS Rom compatibility
M3 DS Real Users can use the Awesome Sakura Firmware

DSi:
(with Flash Carts, somewhat)
Slot 1 available only (Slot 2 is just an SD card slot)
Can't Use Expansion packs (there's no GBA slot)
No GBA support
Can't access the larger ScummVM games
Certain Homebrew are not compatible (especially ones require the expansion pack)
Web Browser (same as the DS Lite)
Listen to small AAC files (no MP3 support from the DSi alone)
Can Watch via FlashCart (just like DS Lite)
Check out Photos and take pictures with Worthless cameras (my phone has a better camera than the DSi)
Somewhat alright DS Compatibility (DSi just came out of course)
No support of the Sakura Firmware (currently)
DSi store alrght (games look dumb so far and Nintendo is now trying to mimic someone else... Apple)

So with those in mind, I chose the DS Lite, it's capable of doing pretty much the same thing as the DSi but is cheaper (got my DS lite for $120)
and you get better stuff (due to homebrew, Expansion slot, and more). Forget the DSi, people are merely buying it because it's the newest Version of the DS.
Just look at the DSi as a 3rd version of the DS but with a few not needed extras and less compatibility when it comes to GBA Support (no compatibility actually), less homebrew to work on it, and not that much support when it comes to the hacking/homebrew community (the few flash carts aren't fully compatible with alot of apps, games and whatever else you can think of).

Grab a DS Lite and the Sakura Firmware and you'll be right as rain
smile.gif
!

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well anyways as bias as that might be because you don't a DSi. Well anyways the DSi in my opinon is fine since I never did use some of those abilities that the DSL has over it. The DSi store is mimicing its own Wii shop somewhat actually. Say hello to Sakura on the DSi when the so called iTouch2 is out by running a hacked version.

Later there will be DSi only games and the DSL will be phased out for that matter. I would like to add I got a DSi because I had a phat which i still have and can use everything a DSL has. >.>

da1writer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Well anyways as bias as that might be because you don't a DSi. Well anyways the DSi in my opinon is fine since I never did use some of those abilities that the DSL has over it. The DSi store is mimicing its own Wii shop somewhat actually. Say hello to Sakura on the DSi when the so called iTouch2 is out by running a hacked version.

Later there will be DSi only games and the DSL will be phased out for that matter. I would like to add I got a DSi because I had a phat which i still have and can use everything a DSL has. >.>
Have nothing against the DS Phat actually (never owned one though, wife did), the DS Lite is just a smaller unit I wanted (Sorry if I offended you BoxShot, just not a fan of the new DSi- I'm not even a fan of the new PSP 3000, I like my PSP 2000). What urked me about the DSi is that they dropped the GBA Slot (people with GBA Games, expansion/rumble packs, and Guitar Hero users are screwed) and their few added extras they currently have doesn't interest me (just like you said about the DS Lite since you have the Phat). I know Sakura will eventually make it's way over to the DSi (in some fashion), but I guess me post above yours is a bit bias due to me not having the DSi, the DS Lite was my first DS handheld
tongue.gif
! It was in my price range, fit my needs, and I love the support it has when it comes to Hacking/Homebrew community. When/If the DSi can run GBA games in someway later down the road (I don't see how but miracles do happen), I'll probably eat my words and get a DSi like you said.

P.S. M3 DS Real shipped today, will get by Saturday or Monday. What sucks is that I won't be able to have any memory for it (8GB MicroSDHC) until mid/late next week- Amazon won't ship the order until Friday (and then takes 3-5 days to get to my place)
frown.gif
! No Sakura for me right now...

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does this DSi discussion have anything to do with M3 Sakura? I think this is in the wrong section... well, except for the last part of the initial question: "could sakura run on dsi?" The rest of it could then be summarized with two words: Not yet

The Executor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
da1writer said:
The Executor said:
The DSi currently only have a few Flashcards available to work with it; AceKard2, EZ Flash Vi, or any other card that has the "i" after all the letters on the card.
There isn't really high support right now though and even the major card makers like the M3 Team (M3 DS Real maker) and Cyclops team (CycloDS Evolution maker) don't have their cards out for it yet. So the answer currently is no, Sakura currently won't run on the DSi due to the fact that the M3 Team hasn't done a DSi Flashcart yet (iTouch2 soon though).

Frankly in my opinion, I think the DSi is worthless. I was in the almost same predicament but I did tons of research and came to find out I can do so much more with a DS Lite than the DSi.

DS Lite:
(with flash carts)
Slot 1 and 2 available
Can use Expansion Packs
-For GBA support (DS Lite still has a GBA slot)
-Allows ScummVM Support for LARGER GAMES (Full Throttle, etc.)
-Can access Web Browser
- Allow certain homebrew (like Quake 2) to access the extra ram
Listen to MP3's
Watch Movies
Check out Photos
High DS Rom compatibility
M3 DS Real Users can use the Awesome Sakura Firmware

DSi:
(with Flash Carts, somewhat)
Slot 1 available only (Slot 2 is just an SD card slot)
Can't Use Expansion packs (there's no GBA slot)
No GBA support
Can't access the larger ScummVM games
Certain Homebrew are not compatible (especially ones require the expansion pack)
Web Browser (same as the DS Lite)
Listen to small AAC files (no MP3 support from the DSi alone)
Can Watch via FlashCart (just like DS Lite)
Check out Photos and take pictures with Worthless cameras (my phone has a better camera than the DSi)
Somewhat alright DS Compatibility (DSi just came out of course)
No support of the Sakura Firmware (currently)
DSi store alrght (games look dumb so far and Nintendo is now trying to mimic someone else... Apple)

So with those in mind, I chose the DS Lite, it's capable of doing pretty much the same thing as the DSi but is cheaper (got my DS lite for $120)
and you get better stuff (due to homebrew, Expansion slot, and more). Forget the DSi, people are merely buying it because it's the newest Version of the DS.
Just look at the DSi as a 3rd version of the DS but with a few not needed extras and less compatibility when it comes to GBA Support (no compatibility actually), less homebrew to work on it, and not that much support when it comes to the hacking/homebrew community (the few flash carts aren't fully compatible with alot of apps, games and whatever else you can think of).

Grab a DS Lite and the Sakura Firmware and you'll be right as rain
smile.gif
!
Thx helped me decide not to get dsi and dslite was my first handheld as well and m3 real my first flash cart.

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Why does the updated version need an installer file to give us a SYSTEM folder? Why is the Europey version marked "EuroUSA"? Why are things being made less straightforward and more confusing? The cheat list is still unreadable with 1.35 when you're using a dark skin such as the "ChaosBlack". Also still downgraded from showing cheat code descriptions that are too long on the top screen. Makes you wonder what they changed at all to warrant an update. I don't know what all this hubbub is about codes working now, the "MP Never Decrease" code for FFCCEoT is still a fake code.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How can you get soft-reset working?

And is it possible to use the EZ Flash 3in1 for rumble and Expansion RAM in Sakura? I'd imagine you would need soft-reset working, yet it doesn't for me. I have the M3-patched version of GBA ExpLoader, but can only run gba games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...