Gaming The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

chanbog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking of getting this game, but I was told that there was a glitch that made it so that you couldn't get past a certain point in the story?

What exactly is this glitch all about?

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bug is said to occur around 30 hours of playtime, of course this will vary depending on how fast of slow you progress in the game.
(If you go to a certain area, and talk to a certain NPC more than once, other events wont trigger)

Nintendo has also made statements on how to avoid the bug(its rather simple really) and also released a save game fix for download if you do encounter the bug.

Don't worry about it too much. Just get the game.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google....

Anyways, It doesn't even happen in the first playthrough.
Unfortunately, it does occur on the first playthrough. The things you need to do to trigger the bug are quite specific. The people who didn't get the bug the first playthrough(that did Lanayru first) probably only talked to Golo once or not at all.

chanbog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Google....

Unfortunately, it does occur on the first playthrough. The things you need to do to trigger the bug are quite specific. The people who didn't get the bug the first playthrough(that did Lanayru first) probably only talked to Golo once or not at all.

Wait what

This bug is only avoidable if I DON'T talk to someone?

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google....

Wait what

This bug is only avoidable if I DON'T talk to someone?
no, the part where it happens let you choose 3 differnt areas to get dragon songs from. If you choose to do thunder first, and talk to the NPC golo before AND after the other 2 events wont trigger. So you can avoid it by not talking to the NPC but you could also just not do that event first.

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever get the glitch you can download the Skyward Sword Save Data Update Channel from the Wii Shop Channel. I downloaded it just in case. There's also a Riivolution patch out there, but what's easier?

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear I did what would cause the impossible progression on my first playthrough... but nothing wrong happened.

(I talked to the guy at least 100 times trying to get him to dig more, then I realized I had to roll a bomb flower, then I went and saved the dude to get the music, talked to the guy to see if he had anything to say, and did that twice since he kept moving)

Also, I did the sand place first.

(Stuff has been omitted to prevent spoilers in the game)

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear I did what would cause the impossible progression on my first playthrough... but nothing wrong happened.

(I talked to the guy at least 100 times trying to get him to dig more, then I realized I had to roll a bomb flower, then I went and saved the dude to get the music, talked to the guy to see if he had anything to say, and did that twice since he kept moving)

Also, I did the sand place first.

(Stuff has been omitted to prevent spoilers in the game)
in the mines or the caves? it doesn't happen if you talk to him in the Lanayru caves

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The caves, thank god!

It scares me to f***ing s**t though how easily I could have gone down a different path and ruined my life D:

I probably would have thrown my Wii remote through my TV, picked up an AK-47, and go on a shooting rampage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay