The Latest Humble Bundle: For All The Nintendo fans

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP

The latest pay-what-you-want Humble Bundle, which just went live, includes a couple of important firsts.
It's the first time Nintendo has made its games available for sale through the increasingly popular Humble Bundle service. But perhaps most importantly, it's the first time Humble Bundle has put console games up for sale. And it likely won't be the last.

With this being Humble Bundle's first foray into console gaming, do you think this will become more and more popular with not just Nintendo, but Sony and Microsoft to follow? Or will this fail catastrophically and never happen again? And is Nintendo's decision to have two different console's games on one bundle a good or bad idea?

:arrow: Get your Nintendo Humble Bundle here!

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in America, and the only game on it that interests me I already own, so completely useless. HIB has been pretty lame recently even with their recent spring sale.

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this bundle is...kind of meh since you likely picked these games up elsewhere already, I'm still happy to see console and handheld games enter the humble foray. You'd think a Vita Humble would be perfect given how that's the only way Sony has it living in the west, but it's also Sony so...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We might see more of this from Nintendo, trying to cash in on the 3DS and WiiU before they're left in the technological dust of other consoles/handhelds, but I don't see Microsoft or Sony jumping at the chance to sell their games for pennies on the dollar. Consider that Nintendo's consoles are the only ones which actually make the manufacturer money...the PS4 and XBOne are sold at a loss and Sony/MS expect to make that up with game sales. Also, Sony is just starting to gain traction with some of the PS4's launch titles, and Microsoft is well...Microsoft. Even their terrible/old games like Fable 3 don't see very generous sales.

If you want good deals on games like this all the time, the only choice is PC.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't tell me Nintendo is region locking... Couldn't see it coming.
(and again, they just took a crap on Brazil... feel good there Europe, at least it is not so evident and directed)

Actually, the 3DS codes works fine into Brazilian eShop.
Since I don't have a Wii U, I've paid only $1 and used the codes for Mighty Switch Force and Woah Dave in my 3DS with Brazilian eShop without any problems...

I assume the advice excluding Brazil is because there's no Brazilian eShop on Wii U (but every Brazilian Wii U owner have an US or Canadian account, so no big deal here :P )

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Big ol bag of Meh.

Very generous of Nintendo to pimp out some indie games instead of their own.
Ha, like Nintendo will ever put their first party titles out for anything less than full retail price. They don't even like doing sales or price cuts. I guess having a failed project makes you greedy when it comes to the one thing still generating profit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-