• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The Israel and Palestine conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry, I only started on the portion where I talked about loaded questions and went onto talking about the many audits after that.

I honestly didn't see any comment that you brought up examples where you mention reliability in the election system. I think over the last few years, there HAVE been some people arrested for election fraud, but it was usually very small scale, and both sides were involved. If in the future, we find out that there was a MASSIVE scale level of fraud that would have absolutely changed the outcome of the election, I don't have confidence that anything would be done though.

It was the same comment. I think American "democracy" is captured by corporate and private interests and ruled by fear (at least since JFK), which is a lot more pertinent in global influence. I feel like the "stolen election" sideshow is a distraction from bigger issues. I even expressly said that I didn't believe that the election was "stolen", but I also don't believe that it wasn't. I am capable of understanding that I don't know something, which is apparently something a lot of people are afraid to admit. People want something to believe in, even if it is the iconic "evil empire of the world".

Last edited by tabzer,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fringe groups don't speak for the majority. We could say there's an awful lot of Islamophobia on the right if we wanted to be tit for tat. Also how do we know that these people are left wing? Kind of goes against leftwing ethics to be antisemitic. Or is this just so you can portray a particular narrative?
All pro-Hamas groups are leftwing. If you can find a rightwing pro-Hamas group, please feel free to post evidence on this very thread. The fact that you try to deflect with nonexistent islamophobia is laughable. Jews are getting attacked and murdered and you could care less. That right there, is antisemitism. Where's the leftwing empathy that your so famous for having?

• Haha
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It was the same comment. I think American "democracy" is captured by corporate and private interests and ruled by fear (at least since JFK), which is a lot more pertinent in global influence. I feel like the "stolen election" sideshow is a distraction from bigger issues. I even expressly said that I didn't believe that the election was "stolen", but I also don't believe that it wasn't. I am capable of understanding that I don't know something, which is apparently something a lot of people are afraid to admit. People want something to believe in, even if it is the iconic "evil empire of the world".
Ah, I can see where the other person got mixed up. It was stolen, but not the way that the far right keeps talking about. The democracy has been co-opted by special interests and the parties that they control. I think most people would agree with that in some part.

If we removed all the parties and just voted for anyone who you believe should be president in the entire country, there's no way that Biden or Trump would ever be chosen. But the parties raised them up to be their champions, and there aren't any other options that have even a slight chance.

Reactions: tabzer

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The more I see info on the history of what israel has done to palestine, the more it's clear to me that it's not as complicated as I thought, that Israel has just been awful. (But to be clear, it's never ok to attack israeli civilians)

Reactions: Xzi

EthanB

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All pro-Hamas groups are leftwing. If you can find a rightwing pro-Hamas group, please feel free to post evidence on this very thread. The fact that you try to deflect with nonexistent islamophobia is laughable. Jews are getting attacked and murdered and you could care less. That right there, is antisemitism. Where's the leftwing empathy that your so famous for having?
Please show me the evidence that any pro-Hamas group is left wing. You're making the accusation so back it up or shut the fuck up. Also it's "couldn't care less". I dont care about zionists. I'm Jewish, so if you wanna call the Jewish person an antisemite go off sis 🙄 And plenty of brown people are getting attacked and murdered but because they're brown who cares right?

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please show me the evidence that any pro-Hamas group is left wing. You're making the accusation so back it up or shut the fuck up. Also it's "couldn't care less". I dont care about zionists. I'm Jewish, so if you wanna call the Jewish person an antisemite go off sis 🙄 And plenty of brown people are getting attacked and murdered but because they're brown who cares right?
The guy never provides evidence outside of tabloids to back his claims.

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hamas ≠ Palestine

Why people can't comprehend this, I will never understand.
It's possible to think Israel is treating Palestinian people horribly, because they are, without being pro-Hamas.

It is not antisemitic to acknowledge this, as the people responsible for this aren't the Jewish people as a collective, either, but a group of Israeli leaders enforcing apartheid rule over Palestine, including impeding things such as free movement of people because of their race or religion.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't tend to support any kind of genocide or apartheid.

Hamas = Bad.
Israel Leadership = Bad.
Average Citizen = Innocent.

Hope this breakdown can help.

It really is not all too difficult to understand the lack of comprehension when considering that propagandic infotainment seeks to divide, confuse, and program their audience by encouraging compulsive perception through the distorted and unreliable partisan (right/left) lens. I do not believe that these partisan acolytes can be evangelized. They repeatedly regurgitate the same cookie-cutter rhetoric (partisan buzzwords and all) that is dictated to them by their preferred infotainment flavor. They also fail to recognize that infotainment is infotainment, regardless of whether it is left-wing flavored or right-wing flavored. They just don't care, having no love for truth in them, contrary to their professions otherwise.

Last edited by Mythrandir,
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Haha, you sound bitter that people are calling out the Hamas terrorist scum for what they are. You also seem pissed that people like me have been in wars while the nearest you have come to that is playing first person shooters in your underpants. I can feel the salt from you oozing out of my monitor.
On another note Gaza city is surrounded, more terrorists are dead as Israel advance block by block, the port is now being used as a tank base, special forces are blowing the tunnels and trapping Hamas fighters in their tunnel tombs. Hamas are running out of weapons to fight with and with no access to food or water in the north now it will probably be fully taken within the next week. A+++ for Israel.
Also a US MQ-9 reaper drone was shot down in international air space by yemen houthi militants - I dare say they will celebrating that for now, let's see how long that celebration lasts - Now that US has just carried out airstrikes in Syria in retaliation.
Funny ,you still bark and no substances.Keep dehumanizing the palestinians by making Gaza only inhabited by Hamas.Hamas and by extension gazawi people are going nowhere.Im sure youre happy for the killing of innocent palestinians .On second though ,i pity you,i really do .Youre a very sad and reactionnary person which only tells me youre very young.It is a stage of life.Once you grow up it will pass .Ill screencap this thread and show it to you in 5 years.Well see if you still talk like this .

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny ,you still bark and no substances.Keep dehumanizing the palestinians by making Gaza only inhabited by Hamas.Hamas and by extension gazawi people are going nowhere.Im sure youre happy for the killing of innocent palestinians .On second though ,i pity you,i really do .Youre a very sad and reactionnary person which only tells me youre very young.It is a stage of life.Once you grow up it will pass .Ill screencap this thread and show it to you in 5 years.Well see if you still talk like this .
Yeah I think he's in his late 40s actually 🤣🤣🤣

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You guys should respect your elders even if you don't agree with them. Someday you'll be old assholes as well. I mean, you already are assholes, but you should get what I am saying. You complain about "ableism", this is one of those situations.
Post automatically merged:

Ah, I can see where the other person got mixed up. It was stolen, but not the way that the far right keeps talking about. The democracy has been co-opted by special interests and the parties that they control. I think most people would agree with that in some part.

If we removed all the parties and just voted for anyone who you believe should be president in the entire country, there's no way that Biden or Trump would ever be chosen. But the parties raised them up to be their champions, and there aren't any other options that have even a slight chance.

The other person isn't interested. They are more interested in fighting for Biden because Trump exists. They've been played imo.

EthanB

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You guys should respect your elders even if you don't agree with them. Someday you'll be old assholes as well. I mean, you already are assholes, but you should get what I am saying. You complain about "ableism", this is one of those situations.
Post automatically merged:

The other person isn't interested. They are more interested in fighting for Biden because Trump exists. They've been played imo.
Respect is earned not demanded. He has not earned a molecule of respect. He has earned an abundance of jeers, however.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
It really is not all too difficult to understand the lack of comprehension when considering that propagandic infotainment seeks to divide, confuse, and program their audience by encouraging compulsive perception through the distorted and unreliable partisan (right/left) lens. I do not believe that these partisan acolytes can be evangelized. They repeatedly regurgitate the same cookie-cutter rhetoric (partisan buzzwords and all) that is dictated to them by their preferred infotainment flavor. They also fail to recognize that infotainment is infotainment, regardless of whether it is left-wing flavored or right-wing flavored. They just don't care, having no love for truth in them, contrary to their professions otherwise.
I like the way you think. Big agree from me on this.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Respect is given. Disrespect is earned, and people like him earned the disrespect they receive. Age is irrelevant in regards to this.

How wise of the person who made age a focus to begin with. Hopefully you learned something from yourself.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How wise of the person who made age a focus to begin with. Hopefully you learned something from yourself.
To an extent you would expect one to be better with age, like losing that teenage edgelord cringe, but he's demonstrated to be an unabashed, unintelligent bigot and you're carrying water for him.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
All pro-Hamas groups are leftwing.
That's easy to say when you consider anything criticizing Israel's abhorrent actions to be pro-Hamas. And I don't mean you as in you, yourself, but the collective conservative side who are trying to demonize anyone supporting the Palestinian people in Gaza (not Hamas) as they are in a battle for what amounts to basic human rights as we speak.

The truth is that Israel is doing some terrible shit and justifying it by claiming self-defense. Not sure how many innocent lives need to be taken before this stops being justified as self-defense, though... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1