The Iso Zone joins the list of romsites removing their warez downloads links

bqUAjK0.png

Another long-running romsite, The Iso Zone, has joined Emuparadise and LoveROMS in the warez graveyard. Iso Zone has existed for years as a major warez site for larger game files, usually isos, hence the name. As of August 15, they are no longer offering download links to anything illegal. No explanation was given, other than a message saying "We are no longer offering download links. Thanks to everyone who helped make this site, and thus the world, a better place. We have some fresh ideas of where to go next. We also want to hear yours!"

9S4yLRm.png

Shortly after this change, another site name cropped up, offering itself as a replacement for Iso Zone. As this new site, which seems to have been established fairly recently, offers warez, naming it is against the rules. A message on the board states that they plan to re-host everything from Iso Zone, with the help from users of other, now defunct romsites.

UPDATE: A statement was made.

I've decided to step down from TiZ. I first started the site when I was around 19 years old, back in the dcisozone days - I would never have thought it would still be going until I was in my 30s! It's been a privilege watching the community start off with just a handful of us and grow to where it is now...

Which is why I couldn't just let this aging old site stagnate and put such a good thing to an end - a completely new version has been created and handed to the guys who have been passionately moderating this community for years.

Well, one thing you guys always said was that if this site were to go, you would always want the community to stick around. Though it's a little different now as there will be a community over there - I will still stick to my word and create something

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent' read the entire thread but just judging by the comments I"ve seen people have the wrong idea. The isozone situation isn't the same as emuparadise. The owner Jambo wanted to start charging money for his links to his downloads and the mods were against it. This was an internal dispute, nothing to do with Nintendo unlike with emuparadise.

One of the mods posted the real story here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/9a72bp/why_theisozone_and_retro_zone_were_shut_down_and/

Last edited by ,
Reactions: NFates

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I havent' read the entire thread but just judging by the comments I"ve seen people have the wrong idea. The isozone situation isn't the same as emuparadise. The owner Jambo wanted to start charging money for his links to his downloads and the mods were against it. This was an internal dispute, nothing to do with Nintendo unlike with emuparadise.

One of the mods posted the real story here

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/9a72bp/why_theisozone_and_retro_zone_were_shut_down_and/
Wait, which site is now the legit one?

https://retrozone.co/
or
http://reprimed.com/

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, which site is now the legit one?

https://retrozone.co/
or
http://reprimed.com/

Got this PM from another mod from there

Hey. Moderator of RetroZone. Everything is a fudging mess right now. Jambo is also harassing the staff members and crap. Basically, Reprimed will only be handled by him while the rest of us will be at RetroZone.

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any news? also after emuparadise and isozone shutted down i joined a discord server for downloading roms etc, now is gone. there was even a backup server, gone too. someone remember this server name and why is gone??

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
any news? also after emuparadise and isozone shutted down i joined a discord server for downloading roms etc, now is gone. there was even a backup server, gone too. someone remember this server name and why is gone??
Discord has also turned on data sharing.
They no longer support that kind of thing, and also their ToS were updated to claim that they will not be accounted for if some information gets disclosed publicly about their users. In other words, you can't sue them if they disclose personal data from you, even if it's files you shared or something else.

Best thing you can do is rely on torrents to be honest, and there's also a couple new ROM sites that opened up which have a good catalogue available, comparable to what LoveROMs had (maybe even a duplicated server under other name).

Arnold101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discord has also turned on data sharing.
They no longer support that kind of thing, and also their ToS were updated to claim that they will not be accounted for if some information gets disclosed publicly about their users. In other words, you can't sue them if they disclose personal data from you, even if it's files you shared or something else.

Best thing you can do is rely on torrents to be honest, and there's also a couple new ROM sites that opened up which have a good catalogue available, comparable to what LoveROMs had (maybe even a duplicated server under other name).
i never shared roms or else on discord, the server i was in and i don't remeber its name is gone. maybe closed by discord?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i never shared roms or else on discord, the server i was in and i don't remeber its name is gone. maybe closed by discord?
Most likely, they've been shutting down Discord servers that shared files, and even those that only shared sites. So yeah that could have been why.
It's still bullshit though.

Reactions: Arnold101

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: And that game stick i'm tired of mentioning