Hacking The fastest way to pirate Sun/Moon?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
its just as likely to be leaked from EU/US regions too, if not more so because ninty will probably be being pretty tight with who gets access to copies before release in china, whereas from what i have heard US/EU stores usually get the game in the shops about 7-2 days before release, and its in warehouses before that even, and in reviewers hands even sooner than that, so basically its like trying to fill a colander with water and expecting there not to be leaks, sure you can try block a few of the more obvious holes, you may even block most, but its virtually impossible to block all of them, its just a matter of them getting as close to official release as possible before they spring a leak, but they did pretty well with OR/AS which iirc which only leaked a day or 2 before official release

Last edited by gamesquest1,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will iso site have it faster than chaos site or is this the same?

Which of that sites is better?
That iso site is more active but for a big game like Sun and Moon they both will likely have it at the same time. I think that iso site would have it faster though

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
there was rumors a while back when or/as was released that the leaker had sold some twitch streamers and let's players early access to get a head start on other would be streamers and guide makers, I imagine that kind of tactic might become more common now leakers know there is money to be made from selling leaks to people willing to pay to get it early even if it's only 2-3 days before release date, getting video up first is a major incentive for people who do that kind of stuff

Last edited by gamesquest1,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the fastest way to get banned from here is to talk about pirating games.
gbatemp is fairly relaxed on discussing stuff, as long as nobody is distributing or asking for link to copywritten work then its generally all ok, and gbatemp isnt all ban happy, you would receive a few warnings before they swing the ban hammer around unless you are doing something really bad or purposfully trying to cause trouble/spamming

Reactions: digipimp75

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah why wouldn't they have two separate Title Keys for the games? Kind of like how OR/AS have the exact same title key with an interchangeable 5/4 (C5-AS/C4-OR)

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would encourage people to support their favorite handheld console and purchase the games, it would be worth buying a 3DS for Sun / Moon alone in my opinion.

3.2gb @ 200 Mbit/s would be 00:02:17
3.2gb @ 100 Mbit/s would be 00:04:34
3.2gb @ 50 Mbit/s would be 00:09:09
3.2gb @ 25 Mbit/s would be 00:18:19
3.2gb @ 10 Mbit/s would be 00:45:48
3.2gb @ 5 Mbit/s would be 01:31:37
3.2gb @ 1 Mbit/s would be 07:38:07
I have Verizon FiOS, so I would fall somewhere between 100Mbit and 50Mbit technically based on Verizon's claims, but will actually fall into an area between 25Mbit and 10 Mbit. If the download were on Mega, then Verizon's estimated speed would hold true.

I will more than likely rip my own copy of the games, mainly because the time it will take to rip, copy, convert, copy (again), and install both game CIAs will put my system out of commission for at least an hour or two, giving me a huge time slot to do some homework without a reason to procrastinate. I have also tried to convert a game once before and failed ("the game card has been removed" error), so another hour can be added in for trial-and-error.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh no i mean like compressing the cia with 7zip like pokemon x and ys llike 800 mb download in the 7z format which is almost half the size and when you uncompress it the cia file will be the normal size
If the uploader splits the game into multiple parts (r00, r01, etc) and the puts those into a 7zip file, then the download will most-likely be smaller, but possibly only by a few megabytes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches