~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Astoundingly effective trailer. I was just thinking about this game over the last few days, too. I have not played Oblivion, and likely never will, but this is a game I am looking forward to immensely.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then you missed out. I had over two hundred hours logged into IV and never even got around to trying other characters from my dark elf assassin.

The game was absolutely fantastic and offered a sense of adventure and exploration that Japan simply cannot compete with. So much of the fun was just getting between places and all the things there were to see and do in the world, and trying to not get distracted or overwhelmed by it.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm looking forward to this, even though it isn't one of my most anticipated games (at least, right now).
This just looks incredible - no wonder NV was so bad, they must have been focusing on this
tongue.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
dib said:
Then you missed out. I had over two hundred hours logged into IV and never even got around to trying other characters from my dark elf assassin.

The game was absolutely fantastic and offered a sense of adventure and exploration that Japan simply cannot compete with. So much of the fun was just getting between places and all the things there were to see and do in the world, and trying to not get distracted or overwhelmed by it.
Oh I know that story. I have at least 325 hours logged on Fallout 3. I still haven't seen or done everything in either of my two playthroughs. It is my faith in Fallout 3 that piques my interest in this game. The only reason I didn't care to try Oblivion was because I have issues with first person melee combat, but I love melee combat in general, so being a magic user wasn't my bag either. In case you were going to ask, yes, I had those same problems in Fallout 3. I never use melee weapons in that because they were just to hard to hit with.

I've heard, though, and this seems to be hammered in via the trailer, that they've vastly improved the 3rd person view. That will make me much more interested in pursuing the game.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dib said:

So true, it's one of my favourite games out there. Oblivion is fucking epic, really.
But after completing the game 4 times now and doing just about every quest in the game, I'm finally getting tired of it. Graphics and mods still look amazing though, but every imperfection in the game annoys me more and more. It's time for the next one, and this really looks epic.
That music, amazing, I love it. The part where's he's running through the woods, wow.
If the reviews are promising, I'm going to buy this for PC, paying just about 60 euros for it, but really, these guys deserve it.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I played III and IV and im looking forward to this. I just hope they changed their stupid lvling system. The way it works in III and IV you have to pick main skill and minor skill in such a way that it doesnt suit your playtype if you wanna maximize stat gain every lvl. Otherwise if you just put your main as the skill you use most you will lvl faster but end up as a weaker char.... Thats the only thing thats been bothering me in this series that is otherwise awesome to play ^^

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
Astoundingly effective trailer. I was just thinking about this game over the last few days, too. I have not played Oblivion, and likely never will, but this is a game I am looking forward to immensely.

preposterous! that is a crime in itself, you are missing a lot! you have a lot of catching up to do till this one comes out.

as for this game, i can't wait till it's released, the only thing i am waiting for is the preorder bonuses before i pre order.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
lol ace... i was just checking this game out in the afternoon and see a trailer now
i didnt get the part 4 cuz it doesnt have multi (at least as i have read)

this is the second game tht has amazed me with almost real-life graphics
a suggestion: can the videos on gbatemp have a lower resolution option... my connection is very slow and unstable, thanks

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
a suggestion: can the videos on gbatemp have a lower resolution option... my connection is very slow and unstable, thanks
this, it takes like an hour to load 1 video

had to watch it elsewhere

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Matthew: Dammit, I was gonna post that video... I had the youtube url open and everything...

@Topic: Fuck yea, here's to hoping they overhauled ranged combat. My pure archer cried on IV.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
shakirmoledina said:
lol ace... i was just checking this game out in the afternoon and see a trailer now

So? That's really no reason at all to not play Oblivion.

Also, Skyrim most likely won't have any multiplayer either.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
shakirmoledina said:

So? That's really no reason at all to not play Oblivion.

Also, Skyrim most likely won't have any multiplayer either.
I doubt it will have multiplayer..and thats a good thing....Multiplayer would screw it up in my opinion....

Now if you will excuse me I need to find a way to clean my keyboard
smileipb2.png

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
To those that have said I should play Oblivion: Its just not my cup of tea control-wise, regardless of how it has aged. Though considering it was a first year 360 game, I'd imagine the load times are atrocious, the visuals are suspect (and I say that knowing that Fallout 3, a game that came out later using the same engine, a game that I love, has not aged well at all visually. Mostly in regards to characters); and I bet its even buggier than the typical open world game, because it was the first of its kind on the next-gen platforms. They hadn't had all that much time with the hardware.

Most importantly though, I just can't deal with its iffy first person combat. Its the exact same as Fallout 3's melee, and that was barely usable to me. I could never hit anything, by the time I line up the screen reticle with the enemy I've been hit 4 times, then as I go to strike they move out of my path and I have to start the process all over again. Its just not a system that works for me.

To those that will say "play in 3rd person view", Oblivion and Fallout 3s 3rd person perspective is an absolute joke. The movement is floaty, its harder to aim than first person perspective because you don't have a good sense of your distance in relation to the target, and so on.

Plus, much like other open-world choose your destiny style games, you don't really need to catch up on the story, since everyone will see different outcomes to their actions. The only games that have mastered that are designed by BioWare, and only then because the next installments can tell you actions from the previous.

Skyrim, on the other hand, won't have most of these issues, hopefully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D