marcus van basten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Anyone knows why the guide says:
Do not update from 5.3.2 or 5.4.0!

Im in 4.1.0 and i have no way to update it to 5.3.2 or 5.4.0. Does 5.5.1 goes well with loadiine?
What are the differences for not uploading from 5.3.2 to 5.5.1?

Solid_Aigis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Im in 4.1.0 and i have no way to update it to 5.3.2 or 5.4.0. Does 5.5.1 goes well with loadiine?
You can use a game disc to update to 5.3.2 or 5.4.0. I think they have a list posted here that says which ones have which firmware updates. I'm not 100% on the differences between the 5.3.2/4.0 exploits vs 5.5.x ones, but to my understanding its a stability issue

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-list-of-system-updates-on-disc.372041/

your best bet seems to be picking up a copy of Mario Party 10 if thats the route you want to go

Last edited by Solid_Aigis,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Homebrew Launcher works on 4.0.0 and 4.1.0, you just have to compile the GitHub source yourself or find someone to do it for you. You could update to 5.1.0, but the lower you stay, the better your chances of being able to use a future IOSU exploit are.

You can use a game disc to update to 5.3.2 or 5.4.0. I think they have a list posted here that says which ones have which firmware updates. I'm not 100% on the differences between the 5.3.2/4.0 exploits vs 5.5.x ones, but to my understanding its a stability issue

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-list-of-system-updates-on-disc.372041/

your best bet seems to be picking up a copy of Mario Party 10 if thats the route you want to go
Or you could look at the list in the OP of this thread that I've carefully put together (GETTING TO (AND STAYING ON) AN EXPLOITABLE FIRMWARE -> Which games have 5.3.2 on them? or Which games have what firmware?)

Leria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
A couple of questions; The OP mentions in the hacking methods that you need 5.3.2 or 5.4.0 for the methods listed there. Now that 5.5.1 is leaked, do you plan to update the OP to show this, or are you gonna keep it on the down-low for now?

Second, if I were to modify my Wii U with my SD card, would I need to use that SD card for homebrew, games etc, or would I be able to use the USB post-hack?

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fiveighteen any chance you can updated the
"How do I extract ROMs from VC games?" section with the gba link I had posted?

Also, might be nice to note that some snes roms need the sound restored post extraction using the pcm file that follows the rom in memory. And that you can extract from the rpx after it has been converted to elf as an alternative to tcpgecko.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of questions; The OP mentions in the hacking methods that you need 5.3.2 or 5.4.0 for the methods listed there. Now that 5.5.1 is leaked, do you plan to update the OP to show this, or are you gonna keep it on the down-low for now?

Second, if I were to modify my Wii U with my SD card, would I need to use that SD card for homebrew, games etc, or would I be able to use the USB post-hack?
Sorry, I missed an edit. My bad! 5.5.1 will work just fine. But until an IOSU exploit is found/released, you can only use SD.

@fiveighteen any chance you can updated the
"How do I extract ROMs from VC games?" section with the gba link I had posted?

Also, might be nice to note that some snes roms need the sound restored post extraction using the pcm file that follows the rom in memory. And that you can extract from the rpx after it has been converted to elf as an alternative to tcpgecko.
Yeah, I need to edit that whole thing to be Loadiine-friendly instead of TCP Gecko RAM injections. The problem is finding the time and motivation to go through the process and document it step by step.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fiveighteen Whatever exploit 5.5.x is using has been backported to past firmwares, so there's no need to use the "unreliable" OSDriver exploit anymore (you can change 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 to "Reliable kernel exploit")
Updated Should I update my Wii U? to the following:
You should only update to the lowest compatibility FW that the Homebrew Launcher currently has.

If you're under 3.0.0, update to 3.0.0.
If you're on 3.0.0, stay there.
If you're on 3.0.1, update to 3.1.0.
If you're on 3.1.0, stay there.
If you're on 4.0.0, stay there.
If you're between 4.0.0 and 4.1.0, update to 4.1.0.
If you're on 4.1.0, stay there.
If you're on 5.0.0, stay there.
If you're on 5.1.0, stay there.
If you're between 5.1.0 and 5.3.2, update to 5.3.2.
If you're on 5.3.2, stay there.
If you're on 5.4.0, stay there.
If you're on 5.5.0, update to 5.5.1.
If you're on 5.5.1, stay there.

You can only update by deleting all internet connections from your system, and updating via one of the disc games listed in the section below. If you keep an internet connection, you will update to the latest FW!

3.0.0, 3.1.0, 4.0.0, 4.1.0, 5.0.0, 5.1.0, 5.3.2, 5.4.0, 5.5.0, 5.5.1:
Reliable userspace exploit
Reliable kernel exploit
Private IOSU exploits
EDITED TO REFLECT INFORMATION POSTED BELOW

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: Garou

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does 5.1.0 have a HBL port? Because if so I'd say that that's better than 5.3.2, assuming that someone actually decides to do anything with the hints Naehwert has given
Good call, it was recently updated. Editing to reflect new info.

Compatibility
[HBL] compatible with WiiU:
3.0.0 and 3.1.0
4.0.0 and 4.1.0
5.5.x

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Dunno if here is the right place to ask this, but I'm trying to access the homebrew launcher via loadiine.ovh and everytime I try to access the it, I get the following says "Could not load file /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher."

I downloaded THBL from the github page.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Wii U is 5.5.1

Solid_Aigis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno if here is the right place to ask this, but I'm trying to access the homebrew launcher via loadiine.ovh and everytime I try to access the it, I get the following says "Could not load file /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher."

I downloaded THBL from the github page.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Wii U is 5.5.1
When I had this problem it was because I didnt have a folder called wii u at the root of my sd. Make sure you have all your folders there and they are all named correctly.

Reactions: fiveighteen

Leria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyone know why I keep getting CGI failure when using Mongoose?

With that said, for others with the same issue, it can be bypassed by using xampp, just curious why it keeps happening

Last edited by Leria,

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
"When will there be an IOSU Exploit released?"
This section needs to be updated... Specifically to remove the fact that Hykem isn't working on the IOSU exploit (anymore?).

Also, you might want to update the exploit in your definitive package to use the stagefright exploit.

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"When will there be an IOSU Exploit released?"
This section needs to be updated... Specifically to remove the fact that Hykem isn't working on the IOSU exploit (anymore?).

Also, you might want to update the exploit in your definitive package to use the stagefright exploit.
I mean, Hykem never said he wasn't working on it, right? He just disappeared. Last thing we know is that he said he wasn't coming back until it's finished. Maybe I missed something. That section could be cleaned up a bit though.

The DefinitivePackage is dead though. There's no reason to not just use the Homebrew Launcher, and I've linked all the hacks to their respective GitHub download pages and threads so that people can always grab the latest version!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind if I update OP to include the fact that RedNAND has technically been released, but needs an IOSU exploit to run it? It would replace most of the text under "When will emuNAND be developed and released?"

(I poked the OP with a stick and snuck some info about what "RedNAND" is under the EmuNAND definition, but I didn't want to do anything to drastic without asking first)

Last edited by TotalInsanity4,
Reactions: fiveighteen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto