Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

xxmasal22xx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it will be possible, if there are devs willing to create the homebrew once the Exploit is released.
what language will it have to be coded in? id like to be able to help out but all i know is a small amount of java and even smaller amount of python

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what language will it have to be coded in? id like to be able to help out but all i know is a small amount of java and even smaller amount of python
IIRC, its more like C/C++. You can find the SDK on some websites online. And look at the IOSU Syscalls table link that I posted a couple posts ago.

Last edited by fiveighteen, , Reason: *IOSU, not IOUS
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

xxmasal22xx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, its more like C/C++. You can find the SDK on some websites online. And look at the IOUS Syscalls table link that I posted a couple posts ago.
isnt iirc the same as the wii? my bad if im mistaken haha. and sadly i dont think ill be able to help much with that.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it possible, after spoof, update games on sd with nusgrabber?
EDIT: wait, disc games or Loadiine games?
Loadiine: just replace the files on your SD with the updated files from NUSGrabber.
Disc games: put the update files from NUSGrabber on your SD card and run WUP Installer.
You don't even need to spoof to do either of those though, unless you're running a disc game above 5.3.2.

I'm just hoping there's no "required" game you have to find/buy like the 3DS hacking shenanigans. (Cubic Ninja / Ocarina of Time scalper overload)
I don't see why there would be this time around. The only reason we needed Smash so far is because it got us SD access and a large RPX to inject into, but now golden45 and dimok have gotten us around that limit with Mii Maker having access to SD as well and moving memory locations. I can always be wrong, but here's to hoping :grog:

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: free47

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might be answered somewhere but I can't find it. Is the only way to improve load times a new sd card? or did load times improve with each release of loadiine? (I could only get 1.0 to work probably something wrong with my file arangement)

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be answered somewhere but I can't find it. Is the only way to improve load times a new sd card? or did load times improve with each release of loadiine? (I could only get 1.0 to work probably something wrong with my file arangement)
File arrangement has changed since 1.0. I have examples of both in the OP so you can see how it needs to be changed. :)

Load times have definitely improved (I think the speed boost was in 2.0, but carried into 3.0). I don't think load times are going to get much better in the future than they are now though. A higher class SD card will also obviously increase write/read speed times.

Reactions: Hazzer

Planterror

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks!
From a user's perspective: same as what's in the OP under "Should I update my Wii U?"
From a technical perspective: Hykem (and others?) are continuously documenting IOSU Syscalls at http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/IOSU_Syscalls, which will be necessary to use any hacks with an IOSU Exploit.

An exploit that will allow us open access to hacking the Wii U; USB loaders, etc. (see: Wii)

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
File arrangement has changed since 1.0. I have examples of both in the OP so you can see how it needs to be changed. :)

Load times have definitely improved (I think the speed boost was in 2.0, but carried into 3.0). I don't think load times are going to get much better in the future than they are now though. A higher class SD card will also obviously increase write/read speed times.

That's awesome!!!! Can't thank you enough for all your work and of course the devs! Btw when I bought my wii u it was on a super low firm ware should I have did something in order to be able to downgrade in the future? Perhaps for a different hack? Just asking for a friend

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome!!!! Can't thank you enough for all your work and of course the devs! Btw when I bought my wii u it was on a super low firm ware should I have did something in order to be able to downgrade in the future? Perhaps for a different hack? Just asking for a friend
No problem! No downgrade option that we know of yet. Only options are to stay under 5.2.0 if you want an "easy" IOSU Exploit, or go to 5.3.2 for hacks and an eventual, possibly harder-to-do IOSU Exploit.

Reactions: Hazzer

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP Updated:

Added URLs to block list:
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net

I also highly recommend you change your DNS settings to the following:
Primary DNS: 107.211.140.065 (TubeHax DNS)
Secondary DNS: 198.91.88.237 (nallar's DNS)
Note: nallar's DNS will change in January 2016

To check if your router is properly blocking the URLs, use this website, and then:
Domain: <copy/paste one of the URLs>
Server: localhost
Query: A (IPv4 address)

To check if TubeHax DNS is properly blocking the URLs:
Server: 107.211.140.065

To check if nallar's DNS is properly blocking the URLs:
Server: 198.91.88.237

If you get something like the following, you know it's working (127.0.0.1 is a loopback address to your computer):
KLOTH.NET said:
Name: cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
Address: 127.0.0.1

If you get something like the following, you know it's not working:
KLOTH.NET said:
DNS server handling your query: localhost
DNS server's address: 127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com canonical name = nus.cdn.shop.wii.com.cdngc.net.
Name: nus.cdn.shop.wii.com.cdngc.net
Address: 174.35.71.7
Name: nus.cdn.shop.wii.com.cdngc.net
Address: 174.35.71.8

If you get something like the following, I have no idea what it means for blocking:
KLOTH.NET said:
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

juzz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
still quite worried, pm me where you are and I can do a drive down for ya - I'll be in QLD next week or the week after if your up there...

Sorry didn't read this, thanks for the offer too kind! I live in Sydney so not possible for me. Spotted YWW on sale now new for $49 at Big W but risk that it comes with a different update so sticking with the eBay.

mclow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i wasnt here a long time... i sold my wiiu a half year after i bought it because i wanted to wait for nintendont and a wiiu backubloader lol...

i was here a few month ago, then i saw that nintendont is wokring pretty damn good :D
then yesterday i saw this news about loadine

GREAT

im about to get me a wiiU again , i still got my hdd with all my wii , gamecube, rom games

but i read in the first post that i need to be on 3.5.2
i dont think this will be so hard getting a used one with that fw...

BUT i can remember if u want to change nintendo network data u had to refurbish the wii u...?
so what do i do when it has old nintedo network login files inside?
does the wiiu also updates to the newest fw if im not even online when refurbishing it?

also the best fw to look at is 3.5.3? or should i go below?

could need some help on this one...thx guys

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wasnt here a long time... i sold my wiiu a half year after i bought it because i wanted to wait for nintendont and a wiiu backubloader lol...

i was here a few month ago, then i saw that nintendont is wokring pretty damn good :D
then yesterday i saw this news about loadine

GREAT

im about to get me a wiiU again , i still got my hdd with all my wii , gamecube, rom games

but i read in the first post that i need to be on 3.5.2
i dont think this will be so hard getting a used one with that fw...

BUT i can remember if u want to change nintendo network data u had to refurbish the wii u...?
so what do i do when it has old nintedo network login files inside?
does the wiiu also updates to the newest fw if im not even online when refurbishing it?

also the best fw to look at is 3.5.3? or should i go below?

could need some help on this one...thx guys
5.3.2, 3.5.2 doesn't exist

Reactions: mclow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1