Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wan't to try if the localhost work...

and I think the wii u have to be connected to the net...:(
Yes, your Wii U must have internet settings input on your console. But with Nintendo's URLS or your Wii U's MAC address blocked, you can still access your local server.

Only recently I see people recommending staying on 3.1.0... Is there an exploit available for it not available for 5.3.2? What am I missing here?
I think there's an old IOSU exploit for 3.1.0 that has been patched in newer FW, so it's just one more backdoor if somebody ever decides to do something with it.

Reactions: galneon

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, your Wii U must have internet settings input on your console. But with Nintendo's URLS or your Wii U's MAC address blocked, you can still access your local server.

I think there's an old IOSU exploit for 3.1.0 that has been patched in newer FW, so it's just one more backdoor if somebody ever decides to do something with it.

How to do that?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to do that?
Follow part 2 of the guide lol. Each router is different though, so I can't say where in your router settings you will find a MAC filter or URL filter, if yours even supports them. My MAC filter is in Parental Controls, and URL filter is under Firewall.

MarioBrosThe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I haven't used my Wii U for two days, and I wanted to try to use the homebrew again today, but when I click on the link for my Wii U hacking stuff, I get a 404 error or it won't even load the page. pls help
EDIT: I fixed the problem, nvm

Last edited by MarioBrosThe,

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for kinda being off-topic but is there a reason this IOSU exploit was never released if it's been patched? I'm sure there's quite a number of people still on 3.1.0 that could make use of it.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for kinda being off-topic but is there a reason this IOSU exploit was never released if it's been patched? I'm sure there's quite a number of people still on 3.1.0 that could make use of it.

I honestly know nothing about it, aside from its apparent existence and the fact that Hykem may have it.

Reactions: mznova

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, I'm completely new to Wii U stuff - is this an actual hack for the Wii U? Or is it just for vWii? After reading everywhere on this forum that the Wii U is not hacked yet I am guessing the latter but I don't seem to see any mention of the vWii in this thread. Thanks for your patience and sorry if this is an annoying question :-)

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm completely new to Wii U stuff - is this an actual hack for the Wii U? Or is it just for vWii? After reading everywhere on this forum that the Wii U is not hacked yet I am guessing the latter but I don't seem to see any mention of the vWii in this thread. Thanks for your patience and sorry if this is an annoying question :-)

The Wii U has been hacked, to varying degrees, for a long time, since May of last year. Since this August, one of our PPC kernel exploits has been public, allowing you to do game mods and memory edits.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So, it's possible but the team doesn't want to do it? Will it happen in the future?
CrystalBall1.gif
We'll get backup loading in 2 years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-