The BIG Football Thread

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not anymore, I had hardly seen enough of Mata back then.. watched him straight every week since than and he is better
Not anymore, I had hardly seen enough of Mata back then.. watched him straight every week since than and he is better
All I see Mata do is play on the wings whereas David Silva can drift into the midfield and even play as a centre forward.Mata is faster but I think Silva is a bit more technical so in the end I think Silva is better only because of his versatility.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rooney- Unreliable, hasn't proved himself to a consistent top performer.
Terry- Overrated, overrated and overrated. He puts in a number of last ditch tackles because his reading of the game is so poor.
Ferdinand- Past his best. A few years ago, I would have agreed but not no.
Lampard-Past it, was never really world class. He just made the most of his ability, at his peak he was merely a class below world class.
Gerrard- Past it, consistently average at international level.
I'm talking about all the players I mentioned (except Rooney) a few seasons ago, like Euro 2008 and World Cup 2010. Lampard/Gerrard were captains and always playing in one of the best teams of the world, they were excellent. Not world-class but just under that.
If you have a team with players that good, and you then fail to even qualify for Euro 2008, you truly fucked up. It's even a bigger fuck-up than Portugal since the England team is better (on paper) than theirs.

Mata vs Silva, I'm picking Silva for personal reasons (seen him play 4 times against Club Brugge :))

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mata has a free role.. do you watch him play?
He is everywhere just like Silva, and has as much technical ability.
The two or threee matches I have seen him play he is mostly on the wings.Even if he plays everywhere like Silva it doesn't mean he is as effective as Silva is in the different positions.Mata is also a more clinical finisher but I still don't think Mata has as much technical ability as Silva.In 5 years I can definitely see him being better then Silva heck he could be better in 3 even next year he could be better but SIlva can still improve.All I am saying is right now Silva is the better player.

He also is a better passer JUSSAYIN.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow the two teams I support have been drawn together in the FA cup 3rd round

Spurs vs Cheltenham (league 2)

Not sure who to support (I will be in the Spurs stand though)

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
On the bench i'd put Kyle Walker from Tottenham, to refresh Micah Richards.

Good to see there are more Spurs fans in here!!!

GO SPURS!!!

Harumy

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
SL Benfica of course! =O
i can't miss one single match!
From other countries i like Chelsea and Manchester United =)

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: