thaddius' Console Classic 2012 Edition: Semi-Finals, Round 2

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people are defending n64 due to nostalgia, hardly no worthwhile games at all and that controller is nothing to brag about
Just because a console has a lack of RPGs doesn't mean it's bad :D
EDIT I voted Wii, just because of the sheer amount of awesome games playable on it.

The console didn't have much of anything honestly. The N64 was incredibly scarce across the board, I really don't know why people defend it. Maybe it's because it was the originator of some of the 3D Nintendo games but literally every single Nintendo-made title on the N64 has been outdone already. Super Mario Galaxy and its second one beat Super Mario 64 by miles, I personally think Twilight Princess is leagues better than OoT or MM (a lot of other fans will at least say Wind Waker is better than these as well), Mario Kart Double Dash!! or Wii is so much better than MK64, and SSBM or SSBB is a lot better than the original. The PS2, on the other hand, has still held up. Yeah, it's not as "old" as the N64 but even its competitor (the PSX) aged surprisingly well.

Just because it had OoT doesn't mean it's a better console. I just can't believe that anyone would reasonably choose any of these consoles over the PS2. There's probably at least 50 amazing PS2 games, and not many consoles can say that.

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS2 was a great system. It still is too. But, when it comes to it, SNES still was a "forefather" of sorts to it. I mean, if you think about it, controller was the perfect size, the buttons were, well, present and useful, the game base was pretty darn good overall, and there was plenty of wonderful things you could do with the graphics of that age.

And, I'm sorry, but while there was some fun things for the N64... it just wasn't good. Controller was weird (respectable, but weird), most of the games were like "huh?", and when compared to the PS1 even, fails. There was better choices that I'd take on the PS1, aside from maybe two or three games.

I still stand by SNES being the best though, because even after all these years, there are still games that I'd play again and again.

Reactions: 1 person

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n64 works great for a lot of classic games for me. namely mortal kombat and street fighter. the buttons are like a 6 button genesis controller, which are fine for me.

anything beats the xbox 360 dpad.

i will always have my n64 controller hooked up to my pc. has been that way for about 10 years.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people are defending n64 due to nostalgia, hardly no worthwhile games at all and that controller is nothing to brag about
Just because a console has a lack of RPGs doesn't mean it's bad :D
EDIT I voted Wii, just because of the sheer amount of awesome games playable on it.

The console didn't have much of anything honestly. The N64 was incredibly scarce across the board, I really don't know why people defend it. Maybe it's because it was the originator of some of the 3D Nintendo games but literally every single Nintendo-made title on the N64 has been outdone already. Super Mario Galaxy and its second one beat Super Mario 64 by miles, I personally think Twilight Princess is leagues better than OoT or MM (a lot of other fans will at least say Wind Waker is better than these as well), Mario Kart Double Dash!! or Wii is so much better than MK64, and SSBM or SSBB is a lot better than the original. The PS2, on the other hand, has still held up. Yeah, it's not as "old" as the N64 but even its competitor (the PSX) aged surprisingly well.

Just because it had OoT doesn't mean it's a better console. I just can't believe that anyone would reasonably choose any of these consoles over the PS2. There's probably at least 50 amazing PS2 games, and not many consoles can say that.
I defend the N64 because at it's time, it was the best. Hands down, it had many of the best titles of the time (granted they were scarce, but Oot, Super Mario 64, the expansive Pilot Wings, some great racing games, etc. They speak for themselves). I know many of you diehard Sony supporters will disagree with me. I also honestly mastered the N64 controller's use, and I found it to be a comfortable and fluid experience. However, there cannot be any contest between it and the PS2. The latter simply had more of the best, and laid several foundations for the building blocks of future console generations.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
PS2 for me. It has always been a great console for me and the games it had was just great and even if it didn't have OoT it still has alot of great JRPGs on there that to me lasted longer and was more fun plus I hardly remember any games on the N64 apart from the standard nintendo exclusives while I cna remember quite a few non-sony exclusives for the PS2 I think.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
PS2. Simply because of the massive game library. There are many consoles that could get the vote, but considering the time spent on the different consoles, I have to say PS2. If the PS2 games weren't enough, I had the option of playing all the PS1 games I never got around to play. And games I still like to play (Gran Turismo 2!). So far the Wii didn't make me vote it, but then again I haven't had a Wii for years.. :3

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You know...
2001-space-odyssey-monolith.jpg

*insert Space Odyssey theme for enhanced awesomeness*
...what I picked.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
This was quite a hard choice for me this time, i ended up giving my vote to the PS2 due to the multiple times i bought the damn thing (don't ask)

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny that, like, three or so votes for the PS2 are because of annoyances they've had with it. *shrugs* Just my view.

@Schlupi: I knew I could count on you :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I find it funny that, like, three or so votes for the PS2 are because of annoyances they've had with it. *shrugs* Just my view.
A Ferrari that occasionally needs a some fondling to start the engine is still miles better than a straight-off-the-production-line Fiat.

Tsuteto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, even when it comes to cars, I still go more with personal pref. Example: I hate sports cars. But when comparing a ferrari to a fiat, yeah, ferrari wins, can kind of admit that.

Plus, still in my opinion, there's more memorable games on the SNES than there is on the PS2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work