TF2 strategies?

D

Deleted_171835

Joe88 said:
heavy - alot of noobs use this class, its a little abused since its way overpowered, though for snipers they are easy targets
Heavy with the Tomislav is awesome.

Fast spin-up so it's not vulnerable to snipers and spies. It's pretty quiet too.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:
heavy - alot of noobs use this class, its a little abused since its way overpowered, though for snipers they are easy targets

Wow I totally missed this point.
Heavy is a problem if you're a lone medic and he's on the opposite team. Otherwise heavies are retardedly easy to take down because they're so friggin' uselessly slow. I mean, I love noobslaying with heavy, and they're handy for clearing a room ubered (though uber pyro rapes a nest so much better IMO), but honestly they're not hard to take down at all.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost always play 100% crits servers, so my load-outs would sound insanely stupid to most people.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after experimentation with other classes I made some changes

solider (direct hit or black box, reserve shooter)
demo (scottish resistance or chargin targe, persian persuader) [depends if I am trying to take sentries down the scottish resistance is great for that]
heavy (sandvich) [I used natasha for a little bit but its pretty useless against another heavy, want the tomislav and brass beast]
sniper (sydney sleeper, razorback) [enemies tend to scramble and hide after being hit with the jarate effect, no headshots suck though but fully charged can take down most weaker classes]
spy (the ambassador, cloak and dagger or dead ringer)
pyro (backburner, axtinguisher)
medic (blutsauger, solemn vow)
scout (sandman) [want the force-a-nature and the shortstop]
engineer (frontier justice, gunslinger)

was playing on one of the valve servers last night and everybody went demo on our team (mostly melee) it was pretty dam fun except for the other team starting heavy spamming after we did this, do not try to melee a heavy lol
pretty much every round we won though

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Warning: Incredibly long
Hoovy : Be good at tracking and always watch your back. and take care of your medic: if his health is low better give him that sandvich.
Weapons:
I prefer the stock Minigun/Iron Kurtain.
Sandvich for healing myself or teammates when theres no medic around.
Gloves of running urgently for quick escapes or building my medic's uber faster.

Scoot: Eh. not really good with scoot.
Stock Scattergun.
Bonk! for quick escapes.
Atomizer

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never understood using the sydney sleeper.
No offense, but it seems like the newb sniper that helps your teammates kill someone because you can't pull off a headshot.
I mean I could see it being useful if you hit a heavy or something being healed by a medic and attacked by several of your teammates, but just as easily you coulda headshot the medic and cut the heavies HP supply.

To be even remotely useful, you'd need the full set for headshot immunity. But you'd still be pretty useless compared to a sniper with a real gun.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
I never understood using the sydney sleeper.
No offense, but it seems like the newb sniper that helps your teammates kill someone because you can't pull off a headshot.
I mean I could see it being useful if you hit a heavy or something being healed by a medic and attacked by several of your teammates, but just as easily you coulda headshot the medic and cut the heavies HP supply.

To be even remotely useful, you'd need the full set for headshot immunity. But you'd still be pretty useless compared to a sniper with a real gun.
+1.
I only use the Stock rifle, or huntsman as the Bazaar Bargain is useless and the Sydney Sleeper encourages bad sniping (body shots).
And besides even with a full headshot immunity any sniper can be taken down in one shot with a fully charged shot.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you got the Genuie ones then?
tongue.gif

I wish I could get hats (The only hats I have is Dr. Hopper Tapper and Proof Of Purchase.)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
machomuu said:
In that case my strategy is be a spy and don't attract attention. In some cases, you can disguise and when you come by someone stare at them and they will leave. This doesn't work all the time though, I'd say about 65%.

Also, you can disguise as a medic and do the same thing, except it's easier as they expect you to heal them, you've really gotta get out of site when they realize that you're not.
that just makes them more obvious when I see medics running around not healing anybody
pretty much any medic will heal anybody they see even if they are walking by to build up ubercharge

-snip-

my backpack is starting to get full so I have buy something from the mann co store, sucks the min you can add is $5 though

got some great weapons yesterday, like the scottish resistance, natasha, backburner, gunslinger (hope I get the force-a-nature, sandman, and tomislav soon)
have a ton of useless crates, Ive received 4 Chargin' Targe's (guess I could make them into scrap metal), rift hat code, 3 Conniver's Kunai (I have 0 time as a spy yet I keep getting spy weapons), 2x huntsman
You should usually get to a spawn point and avoid those who need help. It may not sound full-proof but there are a lot of stupid people who fall for that. A lot.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
(though uber pyro rapes a nest so much better IMO)
I tried this and it did not go well simply because the pyro gets knocked back by sentries while the heavy wont

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
I usually play as Heavy (the hibernating bear) 3/4 of the time, or Pyro.
I almost never play other classes. I take Scout when there's something to capture and it's urgent, I sometimes take Soldier since I have the cow mangler and it's fun
smile.gif
I'm not a great spy, I'm a crappy engineer, I take medic when there's no medic on the team and we deeply need one. I sometimes take Demoman with the pain train for capture+blowing up people, but I'm pretty terrible at aiming with the demoman, so...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joe88 said:
Hells Malice said:
(though uber pyro rapes a nest so much better IMO)
I tried this and it did not go well simply because the pyro gets knocked back by sentries while the heavy wont

Ah I suppose so. Thinking back, most of the time when I rushed a nest as an uber pyro, I didn't have to fight against a sentries knockback.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems like everybody is using that sniper rifle now

full charged body shot does 177 dmg, enough to take out every class except for the solider and heavy in one body shot

I will probably buy it from the mann co store since I need more backpack room
deleted the 6 crates I had but its filled up again

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZaeZae64 said:
Spy: Don't try to be obvious. Never disguise as Scouts because Spys are slower than scouts which makes you more noticeable. And never go as a medic either. A medic not healing anyone is probably a spy. and always disguise after cloaking. doing so removes the smoke you make when disguising.
Ambassador
Stock Watch
Kunai/Stock Knife
I thought there was smoke when you disguise with cloak?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Linkiboy said:
ZaeZae64 said:
Spy: Don't try to be obvious. Never disguise as Scouts because Spys are slower than scouts which makes you more noticeable. And never go as a medic either. A medic not healing anyone is probably a spy. and always disguise after cloaking. doing so removes the smoke you make when disguising.
Ambassador
Stock Watch
Kunai/Stock Knife
I thought there was smoke when you disguise with cloak?

No i'm pretty sure he's right. Otherwise people are very oblivious when I cloak and disguise right near 'em lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in