Not open for further replies.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Odd question, I know. But long story short my computer is dying and I don't have the cash to replace it right now. Kind of a hammerblow to my career as a writer when I can't actually write anything, aside from on a crappy app on my crappy phone. So I'm curious. Is there any sort of text editing software that can be used on PS3? I suspect it requires custom firmware (I'm still on official firmware at the moment) but is there such a program? Anything along the lines of Word, AbiWord, etc? Doesn't need to be flashy, just anything I can type with without causing massive eye strain and carpel tunnel using my phone to write a novel. If there's a way I can get it to work with my USB Bluetooth keyboard too I'd be grateful.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First I do have to suggest pen and paper (or in my case pencil and paper). They have a surprising amount of advantages which go some way to making up for their issues when it comes to actually editing things.

Do none of the online office type softwares work with the browser? Depending upon how PS3 happy said keyboard is you may even have something there.

Does your phone have HDMI out options? Would anybody have a phone in a drawer with similar options?

Alas I reckon I could probably get a computer capable of basic office stuff going for about £20 if I had to buy things (though probably more like £10) and people are seemingly always inclined to give me their old junk so that would be the annoying case scenario.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't write it out by hand as I have a bizarre condition known as 'inverted hand writing'. Basically my brain is screwy and I hold my pen wierd, and writing for more than a few minutes kills my wrist.

Wasn't aware there were online office programs. Will take a look.

Phone might have some sort of output option, I dunno, got it off a friend. Old HTC Hero running Android 2.1 or something along those lines. Will google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc