Hacking WIP [TESTING] GPTUPGRADE payloads. Mod of gptrestore. Rewrite bigger EMMC with partition info easily!

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Under construction...

Right people...

Just a quick one...

If upgrading your eMMC to a bigger size, you have to really mess around in unix to write partition info etc etc...

Try these payloads...

16 - incase some lunatic wants to downgrade - MIGHT HAVE GEOMETRY WRONG ON THIS VERSION), 64, 128 and 256 GB versions in this Zip.

Once you have rewritten your GPT using these files, restore your INDIVIDUAL partitions and BOOT0 /1 in Hekate.

You MAY have to do it manually for the USER partition in hacdiskmount, to copy your stuff over. This means...

You will need a rawnand of OLD EMMC to mount your old USER partition... Unless you are starting from scratch... I can make some "blank" USER folders if you need them.

After using these files... In your new eMMC
1) Use BIS key 3 and mount USER in hacdiskmount
2) It will probably say it "needs to be formatted". Format it.

It is now formatted using correct key.
Mount your newly formatted USER partition and copy your stuff from your old partition over.

That should be it.

Upgrade should be done.

I`m limited on eMMC chips, so if someone could run through these, would be great. Hence "TESTING".

This is the "geometry" I used for your reference...

geometry.jpg

All bytes are little Endian.

No warranty implied...blah blah... Using another eMMC size will "PROBABLY" get you banned. I say probably as the GUIDs are the same. The size of the last partition is different. So... Your mileage may vary.

If Ninty are only checking GUIDs then you will probably be fine. If they are actually getting eMMC size reported to them, you aren`t fine.

BACK EVERYTHING UP BEFORE EVEN THINKING ABOUT MESSING WITH EMMC.

Credit to Rajkosto for original version.

Let me know how it goes.

Matty

Attachments

• GPTUPDATE.zip
    141.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited by mattytrog,

Switch_Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually going to be going through this in the next couple days myself. Got the link from a buddy after chatting about my issue. I have a Switch I upgrade to a 256 nand on that gives a purple screen when I boot normal, but boots fine with atmosphere. I can let you know if I find anything weird happening.

Switch_Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a deal of feedback so looks like they are OK!

Matty - Was wondering if you could help me troubleshoot and see where I may have gone wrong. I have a 256 nand in my Switch. I am able to boot fine with Atmo (no emunand), but if I try to boot "Stock" with hekate or just normal with no RCM payload pushed I get a purple screen. I was thinking it might be the boot0/1, but I though even CFW wouldn't boot either. Then after chatting with some others we though maybe it was something with the GPP partition and we found these payloads. When I try to run the 256 payload, it tells me my nand is 256. I verified in hekate that it is in fact a 256. I checked in windows as well, but it seems like windows might be reading the size a little off.

I do still have the original 32 nand, though I think it's on like FW 5.1. Of course I can start from scratch, but was trying to avoid that if I could since the 256 restore after expanding the user partition takes a while.

Is there a way for me to verify and possibly edit the bin to work with mine?

SergioPoverony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's been a while and I've gained experience. I can tell you that your script does not work with all memory types. . I have a 128GB Sandisk, actually 116GB. The script reports a small size and does nothing.

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's been a while and I've gained experience. I can tell you that your script does not work with all memory types. . I have a 128GB Sandisk, actually 116GB. The script reports a small size and does nothing.
Don't mess whit the script.
You only need to fix the gpd whit gparted.
After this try my nand Manager.
There is an option in it to resize the user partion.
Never used myself, did this stuff manually.

SergioPoverony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Don't mess whit the script.
You only need to fix the gpd whit gparted.
After this try my nand Manager.
There is an option in it to resize the user partion.
Never used myself, did this stuff manually.
Thank you for your reply ;). The advice is good. I have done everything on the Linux system. A very long time ago. It was only now that I was able to go on the forum and write about the problem.

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your reply ;). The advice is good. I have done everything on the Linux system. A very long time ago. It was only now that I was able to go on the forum and write about the problem.
Ahh I remember your name.
you were the one at telegram with the shit sandisk emmc.
Nice to see you here ☺️

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    F = Freedom units
    +2
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    So... C = Cum units?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Clip units
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @HiradeGirl, That's how they get bigger loans at the bank.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Welp.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wasn't me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got around to playing A way out is pretty fun coop game to kill time
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and a buddy used to play that, is pretty fun. Graphics were pretty good also at that time, I think what 5-6 years ago. --Edit yea was 2018
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda...