Terraria Multiplayer Local Help

SammyNogard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys. So my hubby and I want to play Terraria together but on our own switches. Both switches are running 16.0.3/AMS 1.5.4/S and we currently have ldn_mitm running, but when we try to host or join a multiplayer game it immediately checks permissions, then says you sign into our Nintendo accounts again, then says an error occurred. Any help getting past this would be greatly appreciated!!

SammyNogard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys. So my hubby and I want to play Terraria together but on our own switches. Both switches are running 16.0.3/AMS 1.5.4/S and we currently have ldn_mitm running, but when we try to host or join a multiplayer game it immediately checks permissions, then says you sign into our Nintendo accounts again, then says an error occurred. Any help getting past this would be greatly appreciated!!
No one able to help here? 🥺🙏

terrariablablabla

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Same here, wish I could play, all I can find is this error on subreddits, forums, ect. I'll make a ticket to Atmosphere on github, since they only have 40 tickets open and closed 1600+ maybe this gets looked at / solved one day 🤞
Post automatically merged:

I made a ticket on github, I can see this error for others on this forum and on reddit, but no solution.

I made a ticket, they accused me of piracy and shut down the ticket, many of the tickets that are closed are just unsolved. Looks like you would need to stream 2 laptops to the switches

Last edited by terrariablablabla,

bth

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Same here, wish I could play, all I can find is this error on subreddits, forums, ect. I'll make a ticket to Atmosphere on github, since they only have 40 tickets open and closed 1600+ maybe this gets looked at / solved one day 🤞

I made a ticket on github, I can see this error for others on this forum and on reddit, but no solution.

I made a ticket, they accused me of piracy and shut down the ticket, many of the tickets that are closed are just unsolved. Looks like you would need to stream 2 laptops to the switches
I personally would just find the check in the binary and patch it out. Similar to what you can do for diablo 2 remastered. If it's in .ips format or ams "cheat" format, same difference really. If i were you i'd check the cheatslips/cheat thread here on gbatemp and check terraria specifically (every version) to see if someone has pushed a cheat-version patch, if not, you could just disassemble the latest update binary after dumping it with DBI.

i.e. the exefs ("main") of 0100E46006708800, version 1114112, nca d744b3d02bd51053ef354df5c17e8be3.

i'll look into it out of interest later, as i'm the one who designed the bypass for D2R

-edit: the entire game seems to just be cluster of unity assets ran through mono, so the correct approach is not to debug the binaries, but memory while loaded in-game. Tough luck, just buy the game if you care to play multiplayer, next update will have cross platform play anyway.

Last edited by bth,
Reactions: terrariablablabla

terrariablablabla

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I personally would just find the check in the binary and patch it out. Similar to what you can do for diablo 2 remastered. If it's in .ips format or ams "cheat" format, same difference really. If i were you i'd check the cheatslips/cheat thread here on gbatemp and check terraria specifically (every version) to see if someone has pushed a cheat-version patch, if not, you could just disassemble the latest update binary after dumping it with DBI.

i.e. the exefs ("main") of 0100E46006708800, version 1114112, nca d744b3d02bd51053ef354df5c17e8be3.

i'll look into it out of interest later, as i'm the one who designed the bypass for D2R

-edit: the entire game seems to just be cluster of unity assets ran through mono, so the correct approach is not to debug the binaries, but memory while loaded in-game. Tough luck, just buy the game if you care to play multiplayer, next update will have cross platform play anyway.
Looks interesting :O I love the edit-ability of the switch games, there was a guide that bypassed the company intros for doom, it was as simple as setting a flag from 1 to 0 to get back that 1:30 minute wasted each launch, which took 4 mins to fix with save data backup. Although suggestion seems a bit cumbersome for me to research myself, if you follow through out of interest I'd be happy to 'test' that patch, otherwise the research might be a bit much for my interest. Hopefully there'll be a working bypass for LAN play with the backup of this game running through Atmosphere.

bth

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Looks interesting :O I love the edit-ability of the switch games, there was a guide that bypassed the company intros for doom, it was as simple as setting a flag from 1 to 0 to get back that 1:30 minute wasted each launch, which took 4 mins to fix with save data backup. Although suggestion seems a bit cumbersome for me to research myself, if you follow through out of interest I'd be happy to 'test' that patch, otherwise the research might be a bit much for my interest. Hopefully there'll be a working bypass for LAN play with the backup of this game running through Atmosphere.
The last part added by edit implies there won't be. Your pirate copy wont work unless you yourself invest time into debugging the game in memory on the switch, similar to how cheats are made for switch games using the atmosphere cheat api. You're going to have to debug as the check comes up.

I probed the binaries and that's about the extent I'm willing to do.

it's clearly some sort of api call to Nintendo Switch Online when it asks for permissions, that much I did find evidence of in the binary, as there were external calls for it.

The permission it asks for, is if you're eligible to play online, and i assume in your circumstance, your emummc most probably isn't online and doesn't have an account with an active NSO subscription cached.

Perhaps you've misinterpreted the online play functionality? "online-play" doesn't necessarily mean you can mitm it with switch-lan-play.

This is one of those lose/lose scenarios where you have to pay for NSO and the game.

Reactions: terrariablablabla

terrariablablabla

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
The last part added by edit implies there won't be. Your pirate copy wont work unless you yourself invest time into debugging the game in memory on the switch, similar to how cheats are made for switch games using the atmosphere cheat api. You're going to have to debug as the check comes up.

I probed the binaries and that's about the extent I'm willing to do.

it's clearly some sort of api call to Nintendo Switch Online when it asks for permissions, that much I did find evidence of in the binary, as there were external calls for it.

The permission it asks for, is if you're eligible to play online, and i assume in your circumstance, your emummc most probably isn't online and doesn't have an account with an active NSO subscription cached.

Perhaps you've misinterpreted the online play functionality? "online-play" doesn't necessarily mean you can mitm it with switch-lan-play.

This is one of those lose/lose scenarios where you have to pay for NSO and the game.
Searching further I can see that this game only works through NSO, no local multiplayer infact it seems, just splitscreen, oof. Thanks for taking the time to search though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts