• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Tennessee poised to ban public drag shows, hormone therapy for children

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, i'm not friend of pedophiles, call them out, pedophiles and groomers must be called out, i'm not simply offended, it's outrageous that you point out a whole community as groomers and pedophiles. You're  almost, almost, calling me a groomer. Your discuss is clear, i just pointed it out.

Most abuse cases occur on the children's home by their own parents, or uncles, or yes, at school. But you know what most of abuse cases have in common? Straight, cis people. Do you see journals and media reporting these cases as "Heterossexuals abusing childrens on school"? I don't think so. I've never seen a LGBT+ professor abusing students on my school years, but i've dozen of professors - cis and straight, all male - abusing, harrassing and grooming students, and some of them targeting queer studend. It took months or even years for them to be fired, no one cared.
Did we report those cases as weirdass falt bald gross old cis male community grooming? No. We just reported as what it was: abuse and harrassment.
It's funny because two of them had exactly the SAME discuss as yours: LGBT+ indocrinating and grooming children.
Everything you just mentioned is already illegal. Trying to divert the conversation is not going to work. And quit saying cis, nobody cares about your language and stupid words.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Then why is it illegal to take kids to a female strip bar? It's ok to look at men's bare asses but not women's? Make that make sense.
It's also illegal to take kids to Chippendales, but drag shows aren't the same as strip clubs, no matter how much emotion you put into the comparison.

> "Most"
> Posts two anecdotal cases

Registered sex offenders should not be allowed around children, on that we can agree. Attempts to stereotype, however, are no better than attempts to narrow the search parameters and provide cover for sex offenders who align with you politically.

Drag shows are inherently sexualized by their very nature.
So sitting still and reading out loud is sexual by its very nature? That type of rhetoric makes it very hard to take you seriously.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also illegal to take kids to Chippendales, but drag shows aren't the same as strip clubs, no matter how much emotion you put into the comparison.
Go watch the videos I shared and point out all the differences.
> "Most"
> Posts two anecdotal cases
What would be the acceptable number?
Registered sex offenders should not be allowed around children, on that we can agree. Attempts to stereotype, however, are no better than attempts to narrow the search parameters and provide cover for sex offenders who align with you politically.
I'm stereotyped in every single thread. How often am I called a fascist? A Nazi? A transphobe? But when I do it, then its wrong, LOL!! What a clown.
So sitting still and reading out loud is sexual by its very nature? That type of rhetoric makes it very hard to take you seriously.
It is when your sitting in a chair with your balls hanging out with children on the floor in front of you.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: OM3GAZX and Xzi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you playing dumb again or do you seriously not understand how stereotyping works? Because an individual being called out for their own words and actions ain't it, chief.
How about if I call you out on your words and actions? I come out against grooming and you immediately take the opposite position. You can't even admit men dancing around in women's lingerie and thongs is not kid friendly. Instead, you deflect to something else that I also agree is abhorrent, but you still can't admit that men showing their bare asses to children is bad. In fact, you say that since child pageants is still legal, which it shouldn't be, then taking kids to see naked men dancing around making crude jokes should be legal too. Just admit you get sexual satisfaction to this and call it a day. It'll be the first honest comment you've ever said in response to me.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just admit you get sexual satisfaction to this and call it a day.
I do get some satisfaction from watching you flail around and try to argue with the strawman you've created in your head, just not the sexual kind. If you want to debate someone who's actually pro-grooming, you'll have to call up Matt Gaetz. In the meantime, my point that stereotyping is a crutch for the intellectually stunted remains valid. You want an easy way to identify sexual predators at a glance, but that's simply not the way the world works. A lot of them look, talk, and act just like you.

Last edited by Xzi,

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do get some satisfaction from watching you flail around and try to argue with the strawman you've created in your head, just not the sexual kind. If you want to debate someone who's actually pro-grooming, you'll have to call up Matt Gaetz.
This is how utterly stupid you are and devoid of all thought you are. Took me 3 seconds to prove you wrong. Not sure if I'll even read the rest of your comment if this is your best shot out of the gate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/23/mat...be-prosecutors-recommend-against-charges.html

In the meantime, my point that stereotyping is a crutch for the intellectually stunted remains valid. You want an easy way to identify sexual predators at a glance, but that's simply not the way the world works. A lot of them look, talk, and act just like you.
If it saves just one child from having to look at one man's dirty ass or saggy balls, it will be worth it. Here's a nice children's story for you to get your rocks off. This is what you are pushing on the children. If anybody is flailing here, it's you. Keep trying to defend this garbage.

Last edited by WeedZ,
Reactions: OM3GAZX

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Reactions: caipora

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup Dresses and Mak up will definitely fix the Econo... (.:::Republican lobbyist whispering in ear::: SHH We are pretending that doesn't exist because artificial inflating is benefiting Donors pockets)
I mean Dresses and make up are the devil.. and its Biden's Fault the unregulated EGG producers are reporting records profits

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Xzi this TraderPat motherfucker really is desperately trying to paint us as groomers wtf
This is quite common sadly. Trader, and Tabzer do this all the time. If you don't agree with them entirely, then you're a libtard fuckwit that doesn't know a damn thing, and the proceed to prove it with a bunch of argumentative fallacies that don't equate to anything other than equating something along the lines of this example of drag shows to exclusively being about dicks and balls falling out of thongs in front of kids (and then try to "prove" their point by showing a bunch of curated content from creators, clearly pandering to their type and bashing "liberals" with extreme examples, which are pretty bad mind you, but it's that vocal minority mentality, where one or two examples means the whole population)

That being said, I don't think it's a good idea to expose young children to drag shows. Just like I don't think it's a good idea to expose young children to burlesque shows, or anything like that. I understand that a good chunk of drag shows aren't inherently sexual or anything like that, I do think it does have to do with more mature content not suitable to younger children. I also don't believe it needs to be outright banned either. Just like TV or Movies, it's ultimately up to the parent to understand what their children are being exposed to and guide them in their life, not the government.

Also, inb4 "you're advocating grooming" because I'm absolutely not, but it seems like advocating for grooming is being used as a synonym for bad parenting. Why would you punish the people doing drag shows when it's not their fault young children are being exposed to it, it's clearly the parent's fault if a young child gets 'dragged' to a drag show (sorry for the bad pun). and yes, I understand there is nuance to this, but I digress.

Reactions: caipora

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
This is quite common sadly. Trader, and Tabzer do this all the time. If you don't agree with them entirely, then you're a libtard fuckwit that doesn't know a damn thing, and the proceed to prove it with a bunch of argumentative fallacies that don't equate to anything other than equating something along the lines of this example of drag shows to exclusively being about dicks and balls falling out of thongs in front of kids (and then try to "prove" their point by showing a bunch of curated content from creators, clearly pandering to their type and bashing "liberals" with extreme examples, which are pretty bad mind you, but it's that vocal minority mentality, where one or two examples means the whole population)

That being said, I don't think it's a good idea to expose young children to drag shows. Just like I don't think it's a good idea to expose young children to burlesque shows, or anything like that. I understand that a good chunk of drag shows aren't inherently sexual or anything like that, I do think it does have to do with more mature content not suitable to younger children. I also don't believe it needs to be outright banned either. Just like TV or Movies, it's ultimately up to the parent to understand what their children are being exposed to and guide them in their life, not the government.

Also, inb4 "you're advocating grooming" because I'm absolutely not, but it seems like advocating for grooming is being used as a synonym for bad parenting. Why would you punish the people doing drag shows when it's not their fault young children are being exposed to it, it's clearly the parent's fault if a young child gets 'dragged' to a drag show (sorry for the bad pun). and yes, I understand there is nuance to this, but I digress.

You're defending people on this forum that make excuses for parents that refuse to feed their own children. I don't think it's going to work out well. Trader and Tabzer do make a lot of sense and it's funny to see @Xzi try to deflect the fact that he doesn't find a problem with young children attending sexualized drag shows.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Can someone explain to me why children need to watch drag shows?

I can answer that. The answer is that they don't need to be, not until they are at least 18.
Post automatically merged:

How about if I call you out on your words and actions? I come out against grooming and you immediately take the opposite position. You can't even admit men dancing around in women's lingerie and thongs is not kid friendly. Instead, you deflect to something else that I also agree is abhorrent, but you still can't admit that men showing their bare asses to children is bad. In fact, you say that since child pageants is still legal, which it shouldn't be, then taking kids to see naked men dancing around making crude jokes should be legal too. Just admit you get sexual satisfaction to this and call it a day. It'll be the first honest comment you've ever said in response to me.

Xzi will never admit he's wrong. Once you realize this you'll just move onto conversing with someone that is honest.

Reactions: OM3GAZX and erikas

stanna

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There life's so complete they feel the need to dress like women, bet there parents are so proud of them, fuckups :gun:

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That being said, I don't think it's a good idea to expose young children to drag shows.
Neither do i, i was actually agreeing with him but also pointing out how biased his discuss is on targeting LGBT+ community as a whole.
I've delt with this kind of people before, my own dad act this way and it's impossible to have a conversation with him that's not some dumb smalltalk.

They don't, and shouldn't be exposed to any erotic and sexual related show.

Reactions: Xzi and mituzora

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
Neither do i, i was actually agreeing with him but also pointing out how biased his discuss is on targeting LGBT+ community as a whole.
I've delt with this kind of people before, my own dad act this way and it's impossible to have a conversation with him that's not some dumb smalltalk.

To be fair it is part of the LGBTQ community that is pushing drag shows on kids. That's the problem with them trying to identify themselves under one umbrella, a small sub section of them do something evil and it paints the rest that color. I think it would be fair to say not all LGBTQ people support drag shows for kids, but some do. As for me? I'll just avoid naming myself under their stupid LGBTQXYZ bullshit and go about my daily life. It's worked for me thus far. I see no need to identify as such.

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They absolutely do not, and I'm not saying they do.
I'm only stating that I don't believe that the government needs to step in to prevent this. We have plenty of other regulating bodies that have zero government intervention. Why does drag shows need to be treated differently?

To be fair it is part of the LGBTQ community that is pushing drag shows on kids. That's the problem with them trying to identify themselves under one umbrella, a small sub section of them do something evil and it paints the rest that color. I think it would be fair to say not all LGBTQ people support drag shows for kids, but some do. As for me? I'll just avoid naming myself under their stupid LGBTQXYZ bullshit and go about my daily life. It's worked for me thus far. I see no need to identify as such.
I surprisingly agree to an extent here.

LGBT+ in its own right isn't a bad thing, but just like many other movements, it's been bastardized and used to push problematic messages, and you're sadly right that the assholes who are pushing drag shows on children 100% do it under the name of LGBTQ banner trying to justify it, and that's not okay either, but again, it's the vocal minority, and because a small sliver of people are using this as a bad thing doesn't mean the rest of the community needs to be scrutinized for it.

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
They absolutely do not, and I'm not saying they do.
I'm only stating that I don't believe that the government needs to step in to prevent this. We have plenty of other regulating bodies that have zero government intervention. Why does drag shows need to be treated differently?
Because it became a problem. Fmg was not illegal in my country into the 2010's not because it was seen as ok but because there was no cultural practice. As soon as we got muslim immigrats, a law was passed banning it. With drag queen shows, so long as they were adult only, they did not need regulations. Once people started bringing in children, it needed to be curbed.
Also nobody wants to hear libertarian bs until you actually achieve something positive. Like get the government to downsize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk