Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rowrowfightdapowah.png

Finally got around to actually watching Gurren-hen and Lagann-Hen. They were pretty good, I liked the little twist at the end when

all the Dai-Gurren dan each got a Tengen Toppa mech from the respective mechs they piloted. That was pretty badass. I wasn't expecting something like that new twist and it sort of added more of a strive to save the universe. It was "manly" how Simon took on the Anti-Spiral one-on-one in a physical fight and did the finishing blow with this drill (or his soul as he called it.) Though I thought they would have another twist and keep Nia alive but that didn't happen.

As for the overall movies, I thought Gurren-hen was lackluster. They took out many of the scenes of the anime I liked and didn't really add anything that was all that great except for the new ending with the fight with the 4 generals and his speech saying Kamina was dead. (Or was that really in the anime? I don't think it was but I could be forgetting.) Lagann-hen on the other hand proved to be a lot better then I expected. They kept pretty much all the scenes and even added new ones. Kittan's death was as epic and courageous as ever. But the ending like I said in the spoiler is what got me. They should've done that from the get-go instead of adding it in the movie. I liked the movies and I should probably pick up that school-based manga with the TTGL cast as well...

I took a few screenshots of Gurren-hen but not Lagann-hen. I may go back and watch Lagann-hen and take some screens later.

Wallpaper material.
whothehelldoyouthinkiam.png

serioussimon.png

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that speech to the generals wasn't in the original, and I was also disappointed that the majority of Gurren-hen was re-used stuff, up until the end. There were some kickass moments, though.

I haven't watched Lagann-hen yet, I think I'll go do that now, didn't know about that one. ^^;

And because I can't post without an image...
Holy shit it's not furry?

0d4968dc1a55be898601e5e.jpg

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love Gurren Lagann!
I actually have my own Core Drill Necklace and have a Dai Gurren Brigade Shirt.
Gurren-hen wasn't too great, but Lagann-hen was amazing. Simon did make that speech in the anime, but it was just to General Guam. I could post a clip on youtube if needed.

My TTGL DS Lite skin that I made, but haven't ordered
Pics from the movie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol