Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rowrowfightdapowah.png

Finally got around to actually watching Gurren-hen and Lagann-Hen. They were pretty good, I liked the little twist at the end when

all the Dai-Gurren dan each got a Tengen Toppa mech from the respective mechs they piloted. That was pretty badass. I wasn't expecting something like that new twist and it sort of added more of a strive to save the universe. It was "manly" how Simon took on the Anti-Spiral one-on-one in a physical fight and did the finishing blow with this drill (or his soul as he called it.) Though I thought they would have another twist and keep Nia alive but that didn't happen.

As for the overall movies, I thought Gurren-hen was lackluster. They took out many of the scenes of the anime I liked and didn't really add anything that was all that great except for the new ending with the fight with the 4 generals and his speech saying Kamina was dead. (Or was that really in the anime? I don't think it was but I could be forgetting.) Lagann-hen on the other hand proved to be a lot better then I expected. They kept pretty much all the scenes and even added new ones. Kittan's death was as epic and courageous as ever. But the ending like I said in the spoiler is what got me. They should've done that from the get-go instead of adding it in the movie. I liked the movies and I should probably pick up that school-based manga with the TTGL cast as well...

I took a few screenshots of Gurren-hen but not Lagann-hen. I may go back and watch Lagann-hen and take some screens later.

Wallpaper material.
whothehelldoyouthinkiam.png

serioussimon.png

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that speech to the generals wasn't in the original, and I was also disappointed that the majority of Gurren-hen was re-used stuff, up until the end. There were some kickass moments, though.

I haven't watched Lagann-hen yet, I think I'll go do that now, didn't know about that one. ^^;

And because I can't post without an image...
Holy shit it's not furry?

0d4968dc1a55be898601e5e.jpg

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love Gurren Lagann!
I actually have my own Core Drill Necklace and have a Dai Gurren Brigade Shirt.
Gurren-hen wasn't too great, but Lagann-hen was amazing. Simon did make that speech in the anime, but it was just to General Guam. I could post a clip on youtube if needed.

My TTGL DS Lite skin that I made, but haven't ordered
Pics from the movie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics...