Homebrew Technically we have one thing regarding HB on 5.5.2

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,945
  • Replies 43
D

Deleted User

OP
SSB4 uses SDCard to save images and view them.
Maybe signing image exploit to work with Smash would work? It reads SDCard also so technically this should work.
This is an idea, not a possible exploit.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically that means literally nothing. I can't say this enough - being able to load external data doesn't automatically mean code execution. Don't ever assume this. Unless you have some technical knowledge as to why this could be a vulnerability other than "it can load stuff outside the game so it's a method" don't bother mentioning it, it's already been attempted. And the title is really bad too. We do have one thing for homebrew on 5.5.2 - webkit, again most likely.

Last edited by lisreal2401,
D

Deleted User

OP
Technically that means literally nothing. I can't say this enough - being able to load external data doesn't automatically mean code execution. Don't ever assume this. Unless you have some technical knowledge as to why this could be a vulnerability other than "it can load stuff outside the game so it's a method". And the title is really bad too.
Your post is bad too and doesn't really contribute. Image exploit is a thing and Smash loads it's user made screenshots from SDCard. It's a fucking idea, read next time.

Reactions: THATISRIGHT

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. If your going to be an ass go somewhere else. You want something you want to know the reason it could work. Super smash bros brawl had stage builder exploit. Its not impossible to exploit pictures, I've mean seriously we already used goddamn audio FILES to exploit a system. its not impossible. Now go away if you have nothing to contribute besides being a complete and utter asshole.
I shouldn't have been so hostile, it's just I've been around the block and when I was younger I had the same ideas and theories and all of that. This kind of stuff just drives me up a wall when someone who writes a Wii U hacking guide and I expect to understand how it's security system works makes "idea" threads like this - it just shows complete ignorance to how any of this works in practice. You really think no one has tried that avenue already?

D

Deleted User

OP
I shouldn't have been so hostile, it's just I've been around the block and when I was younger I had the same ideas and theories and all of that. This kind of stuff just drives me up a wall when someone who writes a Wii U hacking guide and I expect to understand how it's security system works makes "idea" threads like this - it just shows complete ignorance to how any of this works in practice. You really think no one has tried that avenue already?
I'm not a superhuman, I also have questions and i'm curious. I can't fucking know everything, so stop saying that i'm uninformed because i'm not.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aside from the original xbox, I know something about the past two generations of systems. it's flattering that people look to me for answers considering I've written tutorials on at least 5 or 6 systems, but I can't know everything either. hacking these systems is a community project, so ideas r always welcomed. @lisreal2401 , stop trying to make this hostile. we're in this together.

Reactions: Deleted User

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe signing image exploit to work with Smash would work?

I feel like Smash 4 is one of those games that Nintendo pushes out updates for often.

While there may be an exploit in the game, I think it is a better idea to find another physical game that has SD card access but is very unlikely to be updated (like Freakyforms Deluxe but for the Wii U).

D

Deleted User

OP
I feel like Smash 4 is one of those games that Nintendo pushes out updates for often.

While there may be an exploit in the game, I think it is a better idea to find another physical game that has SD card access but is very unlikely to be updated (like Freakyforms Deluxe but for the Wii U).
SSB4 is the only game that uses SDCard, unless something else also supports it.

Hielkenator2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
God, soldering might be an idea, or connecting a hdd? Since it nags for a format everytime. Maybe a diy burned disc, since the wiiu nags the disc is'nt a wiiu disc in the drive it must be reading it right??? Acces at the level you say is not hacking or using vulnerabilities at all.
It will not work. No way to get the wiiu crash in any of these methods.

There are only a few vulnerabilties theoretically to get the Wiiu crash and insert code. maybe there aren't more and Nintendo actually delivered a solid system , besides the browser.

Last edited by Hielkenator2,

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God, soldering might be an idea, or connecting a hdd? Since it nags for a format everytime. Maybe a diy burned disc, since the wiiu nags the disc is'nt a wiiu disc in the drive it must be reading it right??? Acces at the level you say is not hacking or using vulnerabilities at all.
It will not work. No way to get the wiiu crash in any of these methods.

There are only a few vulnerabilties theoretically to get the Wiiu crash and insert code. maybe there aren't more and Nintendo actually delivered a solid system , besides the browser.
Not at all, as it goes. The Wii U from a security standpoint is awful. Look into Failoverflow's work in 2012. They could have had the entire system broken for everyone but decided not to since all it would do is facilitate piracy. The only reason Webkit is such a target is it's pool of bugs and ways to gain execution make it the first choice and the best choice as evidenced by the Wii U, 3DS, Vita, Switch, PS4 - all have been exploited because of it and I bet you the Wii U has plenty of user mode exploits hanging around somewhere. You will see a 5.5.2 exploit, but I fully expect it to be another webkit hack since it's been a year and a half.

Jonhyjp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe we could completly rewrite vwii to be a way to launch code at boot, or launch a cfw, because if we hold b at boot it launches vwii, so it would be like 3ds with a9lh and sysnand

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that games installed to usb with wupinstaller will work on any system.
If true, then wouldn't it be possible to install a premodified ds game to usb and then use that on a 5.5.2 system to get Haxchi or CBHC?

Forgive me if i'm completely wrong here.

D

Deleted User

OP
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that games installed to usb with wupinstaller will work on any system.
If true, then wouldn't it be possible to install a premodified ds game to usb and then use that on a 5.5.2 system to get Haxchi or CBHC?

Forgive me if i'm completely wrong here.
It would need to be a legit title to work though. But I see a little bit of the idea and concept. Your saying transfer a hackable ds game to a usb. Mount the usb on a pc. Run some sort of pc version of haxchi installer. Then put the usb back into the wiiu and transfer over to the wiiu. Correct? Its not impossible to do so. But Idk how you would mount that usb (does it use some sort of encryption? Is it user specific?)

Reactions: NoNoNeko

Dr.Aardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would need to be a legit title to work though. But I see a little bit of the idea and concept. Your saying transfer a hackable ds game to a usb. Mount the usb on a pc. Run some sort of pc version of haxchi installer. Then put the usb back into the wiiu and transfer over to the wiiu. Correct? Its not impossible to do so. But Idk how you would mount that usb (does it use some sort of encryption? Is it user specific?)

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of getting a game supported by Haxchi, replacing the files like usual, but then repacking the game to then be installed on usb with wupinstaller.
My idea here requires 2 systems, one modded and one not, and having bought the game you are using for Haxchi on the target system.

This assumes that games installed onto usb are usable by any system like i've read though, so I might be spouting nonsense here.

D

Deleted User

OP
Actually I was thinking more along the lines of getting a game supported by Haxchi, replacing the files like usual, but then repacking the game to then be installed on usb with wupinstaller.
My idea here requires 2 systems, one modded and one not, and having bought the game you are using for Haxchi on the target system.

This assumes that games installed onto usb are usable by any system like i've read though, so I might be spouting nonsense here.
I'm afraid that would be impossible. As far as I know, mounting a usb drive that is not from your wiiu would probably force it to format the usb. Personally I think our best bet is getting it on a computer, I've been reading just a little bit about how the system's file system works, and it sounds like it does use a encryption of sorts. Which if that was to be the case then we can safely assume it won't work on another system. (and honestly no one wants to go build a application that only works if you have another usb from another wiiu owner) course thats the same for my pc idea, but, it would be way more convenient. And if it is a user specifc encrpytion (which probably more than likely would be encrypted with the otp.bin) this would unfourtantly mean only users who dumped their system could use this method (thats if its a specific encryption. which would be more than likely.)

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay