Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter's SX OS roadmap

atschatner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I couldn't find a thread discussing the upcoming features and/or what their future looks like. So basically, what do you think SX OS will grow into as time passes?

ps: if a thread like this already exists please delete this and refer me to the official one. Thanks!

rrocha

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's hard to know. I'm pretty sure they're working out on adding NSP installation to the OS itself. And sheer fact that we already have open-source projects specifically for that, I can only guess that this will speed up the development on their side. Other than that, I can only think of bypassing forced software updates for XCIs that pack a firmware higher than the one currently installed on the console so you can stay on 4.1.0 or below while enjoying the new stuff like Octopath Traveler

Reactions: atschatner

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's not clear if there will be a roadmap. They made their money on the initial sales already, and with ReiNX seemingly imminent there's not a lot of financial motivation to continue developing beyond the next big update.

rrocha

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think it's not clear if there will be a roadmap. They made their money on the initial sales already, and with ReiNX seemingly imminent there's not a lot of financial motivation to continue developing beyond the next big update.

ReiNX may be out soon but it will not replace SXOS completely (at least for now)

Last edited by rrocha,

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Exactly, they have made their money. Once a free backup loader solution comes (ReiNX soon) new purchasers will drastically decrease. And there will be no financial incentive to keep supporting those who already gave their money

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't kill a golden chicken. There's no proof of anything being able to compete with it for now so I'm sure they're very motivated to keep it alive. Imminent? Is that new the replacement for "in 5 hours" meme? Sx-os crack is imminent. Atmosphere is imminent. ReiNX is imminent. lol please get real.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't kill a golden chicken. There's no proof of anything being able to compete with it for now so I'm sure they're very motivated to keep it alive. Imminent? Is that new the replacement for "in 5 hours" meme? Sx-os crack is imminent. Atmosphere is imminent. ReiNX is imminent. lol please get real.
Yes, imminent. The only hold up is a compatibility issue with 3.0.0 otherwise it's pretty much done.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, imminent. The only hold up is a compatibility issue with 3.0.0 otherwise it's pretty much done.
oh snap. it's been released!
rainx-620036-400.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

where's the github?

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys don't forget HDD support and docked mode support Xecuter said they working on it!
I did forget about that. They also mentioned getting Bluetooth headphones to work was on their scope? But like their emunand implementation, it’s a low priority. We are getting all this info from https://team-xecuter.com/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, Not interested. The fanbase totally ruined it.