Talaria

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well having not played the Wii in several months i decided to dust it off and take it for a spin. So I drove down to the local Video Rental store albeit because i have crappy internet and are unable to download iso's. There before me layed the pitiful wii section in the corner surrounded by the hundreds of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles. Nope couldn't find Wii Music, I'd forgive them for that as its only been out 3 weeks over here in Pal territory. So I look around for Mario Kart Wii, surely they must have it its been out 6-7 months. Nope couldn't see it. Inquire at front desk same reply "Nope, we don't have it sorry" said with a forced apologetic smile. I'm left to look at some Wii launch titles and some horrible shovelware. So I leave there and drive all the way out to a bigger chain of a Video Rental store. Oh look they're advertising some new releases for PS3 and Xbox 360, maybe they will have the newer wii games. But alas same result. So I go to another chain in the city centre, same result. Frustrated at this point I head home and decided to ring up the stores before hand, after calling several places from the Yellow pages with no luck I turned to technology. After all we are in the 21st century. Ooooh online video game rental service, first month free. I foolishly sign up and proceed to put the games i wanted to hire. Then later on i get an email, "sorry these title's have not been added to our library yet, please add titles which are currently in our library". To keep this thread PG i will cut out the scene of immense frustration and profanties being yelled and a stunned look from the Mormon's who had just knocked on my door. I then considered buying the games but retailing over here at around US$58-68 you can see why I modded my console. So bascially I am left here ranting, waiting a week or two for the titles to become available for me to rent online in which I intend to dump immediately to save me having to go through this ordeal again.

Notes:

-Currently in my country throughout its history Nintendo has never been that popular. While the rest of the world suffered Wii shortages and various problems, Wii's in our retail stores sat there gathering dust, while PS3's and Xbox 360's sold like hot cakes and not even the insanely popular Nintendo DS escaped the rath of the land of the long white cloud. The PSP sales here greatly out number the DS, Nintendo really is considered for kids here. Then lo and behold the country's Nintendo Distributor went into liquidation from lack of sales earlier this year, while everywhere else in the world was making $$$$$ from Nintendo. Leaving us a with some shortages for Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros Brawl which were just being released at the time. Thankfully we were saved when Nintendo of Australia took over as the distributor here and for the first time in awhile I saw a strong advertising front for Nintendo on the T.V and papers but I think it has came to late in the current next gen war for Nintendo to redeem itself with many people here one sided not even taking a look at what it has to offer as they just like the pretty High Def. pictures before them from their consoles.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may not have anything particularly useful to add here,
but you really should make this a regular feature, considering how well you write.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
leave the PG out hahas

i dont buy any games for my ds, actually.

agreed make it weekly or something
biggrin.gif

you writes good!

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I agree with your post, NZ hates Nintendo. I saw a video store advertising new Wii releases the other day which was the first time i've ever seen a video store with Wii games. At least they're advertising the new games on TV here like Animal crossing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...