ROM Hack Taiko 3DS TXP files?

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently trying to extract some of the textures used in the game however I'm having a little bit of trouble extracting them checking inside a hex editor says that it is a CTPK but it's compressed
pretty much I'm trying to decompress them without any luck at all I've already tried various decompressers to no effect.

So if anyone knows of a way I can decompress the files let me know thanks.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yep I already knew that but didn't try using pk3ds that decompressed it.

Ah, must have missed the part that you already tried to decompress, I use the "lzx.exe" from the Nintendo DS-GBA Compressors pack you can find on RomHacking, Kuriimu can batch decompress I believe, been awhile since I tried, then you could use Kukkii (part of Kuriimu) to batch export to PNG.

AyanamiRei0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, must have missed the part that you already tried to decompress, I use the "lzx.exe" from the Nintendo DS-GBA Compressors pack you can find on RomHacking, Kuriimu can batch decompress I believe, been awhile since I tried, then you could use Kukkii (part of Kuriimu) to batch export to PNG.
Kuriimu doesn't do batch decompress sadly and I tried lzx.exe only worked for some of them and not all of them.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Kuriimu doesn't do batch decompress sadly and I tried lzx.exe only worked for some of them and not all of them.

lzx.exe didn't work? really? I've used it on them all in the past with a bat file that just loops through and decompress them all.

Code:
for %%f in (*.txp) do lzx.exe -d %%f
Just throw all .txp files and lzx.exe in the same folder, sure could get it to go through all sub dirs and stuff but I was lazy, its what I have on hand.

AyanamiRei0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lzx.exe didn't work? really? I've used it on them all in the past with a bat file that just loops through and decompress them all.

Code:
for %%f in (*.txp) do lzx.exe -d %%f
Just throw all .txp files and lzx.exe in the same folder, sure could get it to go through all sub dirs and stuff but I was lazy, its what I have on hand.
Oh that worked just fine I did edit the darctool before you sent that. just currently extracting all the costumes and stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup