Android Tablet app suggestions

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Got myself a tablet at last. Flytouch VI Superpad. Budget model, but still a 10.1 inch running Android 4.0, 1GHz Cortex A8 processor, 1GB RAM, etc. So here's my question. According to the website I was perusing, gakmes like Tiny Death Star should work, but it seems to run rather slowly. So what games/apps/emulators can you recommend that will definately work with this machine? Preferably ones I can run from Micro SD since storage on the system itself is limited. I have Kingsoft Office for my writing, Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja came pre-installed, but that's about all I have at the moment. Looking at getting a GBA emulator later. Anything else you guys can recommend?

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators I have on my kindle fire hd (1.5ghz,1gb ram)
MY BOY (excellent emulator and suports linking
N64oid (Nice n64 emulator, should run games decent)
DraStic ds( great, no awesome ds emulator with great compatibility
Basically I use these most of the time.
I dont download allot of games but the one I play the most dead trigger.

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
You can try PPSSPP, some of the games should work without a problem. There is FPse for ps1 games. And as blackwizz said Drastic(but first check if your system can handle it), N64oid.

As gameboy emulators i prefer Gameboid and Gbcoid. They were taken off from the play store but you can find them easily with a google search.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As an owner of an S7800 I can honestly say when it comes to emulators the best to use are the .emu series

Snes 9xEx - Super NES
Nes.Emu
GBC.Emu
GBA.Emu
Neo.Emu (NeoGeo)
MD.Emu - Genesis and Sega Master System
EPSXE - Playstation - Much more compatible and pretty much zero issues on ANY games through the PS library. Will run at fun speed more or less.
Drastic DS - You may get performance issues with this on the specs you've shown
PPSSPP - PSP Emu. Again, you may get performance issues but there are ways and means of making alot of games run full speed on a tablet (NoMone Resolution Changer - Change your Tablets Res to PSP Native of 480x272 and you will get a massive performance increase in PSP games. Here is 3 links to vids I made showing games running full speed on fairly modest android hardware:

http://youtu.be/UWWIP_mu5rc
http://youtu.be/XpDEeUlSGWw
http://youtu.be/6HbQM_2JwIM

Mame4Droid covers your 80s and early 90s arcade games as well. Anything newer than that however and you are likely to struggle hardware wise so yes, go ahead and try the older games, just dont expect the newer ones to work as well.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your tablet can handle them:

The Room
The Room Two
Final Fantasy VI
Little Inferno
Rayman Jungle Run
Rayman Fiesta Run
M&M Clash of Heroes
Crayon Physics Deluxe

Games in red may require better hardware.
The Room is one of the few games on Android that takes advantage of touch controls in a unique way. I'm not entirely sure how low it can go on the processor heiarchy, by I know that most of anything from the last 2 years should handle it.
Final Fantasy is the most ridiculous priced, but its also a full-game with several dozen hours of original gameplay. Square has good reason to charge $16 for it as it's worth that $16 and has the $16 worth of content.
You can also buy any Final Fantasy from 1 to 6 on Android including FF4 After Years
Little Inferno has a good 4-6 hours of gameplay, but basically all of what you do is burn stuff. Burn Physics*
Rayman Run series has quickly became among my most favorite apps in all of the app store. The problem is that even with a Snapdragon S4 Pro, the game would sometimes choke up. Theres a ridiculous amount of handdrawn detail in these games and I wonder if 1080p on a 10-inch with a 1Ghz processor would be adequate enough.
Might and Magic is a nice puzzle game. Its an HD port of the NDS game. For it's price you're getting what was a full game on NDS, without IAPs
Crayon Physics Deluxe is PERFECT for a 10-inch screen, but I fear again your tablet might not be up to the task. The physics* of each object drawn might be a little much.

*Physics - Let me just say that games with multiple objects that have their own physics can considerably drop frame rate in most games. To put it in perspective, A Physics game like Little Inferno more-than-often dropped well, well below 30 fps, even on a Snapdragon 800 chipset, which is currently the top of the line in mobile graphics processing. You should definately not buy it for your tablet, I'm just giving perspective on how demanding that physics-based games can actually be.

Some honorable mentions since you got a large screen:

Solid Explorer
Dolphin Browser (Free)
Nova Launcher Prime
BeWeather Pro
Smart RAM Booster Pro
Seeder (Requires Root)
Alphadia Genesis because its on sale right now.
Ittle Dew
Fresh Leaves

If youre wondering why nothing I listed is free, I've got three reasons:

#1 Most things Free on the store are often not worth my time.
#2 Any free emulatot=rs I'd suggest are already suggested.
#3 The Playstore has the top 500 most popular Free and Top 500 New Free lists with apps and games. If you don't want to spend money on apps, then you don't need us to tell you what to download as you already have two large lists where you can try the most popular apps in just a tap. You have a large free playground to go play in so you shouldn't ask people on what to play with, just try for yourself. However if you want an opinion on what to buy or buy and try, then I'll tell what I've taken chances on. Its actually remarkably easy to regret purchases on Android, but there are a few fraction I'll never regret. Namely Room, Rayman, Final Fantasy, and Clash of Heroes.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always Retroarch, which collects a lot of emulators using a single frontend and actually does so without violating their licenses. Most of the others are based on the same source code anyway. www.libretro.com

Whether it runs okay will depend on what you're using it to emulate.

From the forum for Android:

Cores currently supported:

- PCSX ReARMed (ARM architecture only)
- Picodrive
- Genesis Plus GX
- SNES9x Next
- SNES9x
- bsnes/higan (Performance core)
- Stella
- Desmume
- VBA Next
- NEStopia
- FCEUmm
- Mednafen PCE Fast
- Mednafen NGP
- Mednafen VB
- Mednafen Wonderswan
- Prboom
- NX Engine (Cave Story)
- FInal Burn Alpha
- Gambatte
- TyrQuake
- MAME 2003 [0.78]
- MAME 2010 [0.139]
- Mupen64 Plus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...