T411 closed by French autorities

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't know the tracker but it those things happens.
Don't worry to much, for every tracker they shut down, another 6 pop up.
of course not, it'S a french tracker (quebecois to be more specific)
also, i though you ignored me

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It won't be down forever. Look at Nyaa. It was down but move to a new site. I am loving new Nyaa. :)
as i said, this time, its not a domain problem like usual, this time, servers were taken down by french and swedish autorithies. Plus, 6 people have been arrested
Of course, if someone not arrested has acces to backups of the site, well, then its not over :)

Last edited by Noctosphere,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i said, this time, its not a domain problem like usual, this time, servers were taken down by french and swedish autorithies. Plus, 6 people have been arrested
Of course, if someone not arrested has acces to backups of the site, well, then its not over :)

Right and I should have say specificilly. The Nyaa was previous take down by the authorities and not a domain problem at all. Someone rewrite it and move it somewhere. And the appearance is change as well.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Time to move to I2P
i2p?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Right and I should have say specificilly. The Nyaa was previous take down by the authorities and not a domain problem at all. Someone rewrite it and move it somewhere. And the appearance is change as well.
i see

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't know the tracker but it those things happens.
Don't worry to much, for every tracker they shut down, another 6 pop up.

xD t411.as made his appearance, but it's only for getting some user info.

T411 should be replaced by yggtorrent, a new website that should open officially very soon (in few days)

yggtorrent is already here, but in a "Online developer version". And no, it's not t411, they only profit of the site being down to be popular.

And 6 administrators (2 Ukrainian people and the 4 others are French if i'm not mistaken (known as "supermodérateurs")) have been arrested in Sweden and France, including their goods.

Reactions: Noctosphere

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Could be considered as. Since t411 had VERY rare gems in terms of movie, music, books etc .... it was a big station of culture and having this down is quite a shame.
It was also a nice place to get Wii U games in Loadiine format, as they had pretty much all games with good speeds.
It won't be down forever. Look at Nyaa. It was down but move to a new site. I am loving new Nyaa. :)
2 new sites actually, but they aren't related to the old one in any way other than name and they aren't as good.
I think even when clones appear, most of the user base will be gone, so the site won't be the same anymore.
Hadopi actually never worked. It even was almost removed from the law during a Sunday audience at the Parliament. Meanwhile, all torrent sites get down one by one... The PirateBay, KickAss, Zone Téléchargement, CPasBien, now t411... Well, I never used any donwload site like these so...
Though TPB still exists. Somehow it's survived multiple takedowns. Although my ISP has started censoring it along with some other torrent sites, but that's easily bypassed by using Google DNS.
You probably shouldn't mention that site by name by the way since it still exists.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: sp3off

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I agree, also had most of them in "HDD" format, and it was awesome.
Though I think I almost got banned. I downloaded a few games and didn't seed anything, not realizing their system worked like a private tracker, I'm not french so I can't read their rules or anything (well, I could have used Google Translate, but that rarely works well)
I noticed something was up when the tracker requests of my active torrents were failing with an error in French.
Honestly I didn't have space to keep the torrents on my laptop or I would have seeded more.
I did manage to seed back enough to save my account though.
Haven't been using T411 for a while, the last Wii U game I downloaded was BotW and that was a MEGA link (what a pain that was to download with the 5GB limit), but it's always sad when a good torrent site gets shut down. We are starting to run out of the big sites. New sites always show up to replace the old ones, but rarely gain the same popularity and user base, and are worse off as a result.

Reactions: sp3off

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Though I think I almost got banned. I downloaded a few games and didn't seed anything, not realizing their system worked like a private tracker, I'm not french so I can't read their rules or anything (well, I could have used Google Translate, but that rarely works well)
I noticed something was up when the tracker requests of my active torrents were failing with an error in French.
Honestly I didn't have space to keep the torrents on my laptop or I would have seeded more.
I did manage to seed back enough to save my account though.
Haven't been using T411 for a while, the last Wii U game I downloaded was BotW and that was a MEGA link (what a pain that was to download with the 5GB limit), but it's always sad when a good torrent site gets shut down. We are starting to run out of the big sites. New sites always show up to replace the old ones, but rarely gain the same popularity and user base, and are worse off as a result.

Well, did you know that t411 was a copy of QuebecTorrent ? And it was more popular than the original !

Yeah, MEGA is doing this restrictions in Europe AFAIK.

Often it says "Téléchargement refusé, vous n'êtes seulement autorisé a partager" which means that you need to seed before doing another request for downloading.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It's a shame that torrent sites are getting shut down. I totally understand, it's illegal and all, but what is a shame is that art and culture only has monetary value now ,and instead of spreading it, they just limit it.

Seriously, I stopped downloading stuff because I'm happy with Netflix for now (and I have access only to the french catalog, which is waaaay smaller than the American one) but I still download a few shows like The Daily Show or Last Week Tonight, because they don't air in my country, and I can't watch them online because of regional restrictions (and I don't want to use a proxy). And it's getting harder and harder for me to find those shows on the internet. And T411 was a superb place to fimd old things or tv shows you missed... RIP

S

Saiyan Lusitano

The best loyal and reliable trackers are those which are hard to sign up so they have a certain amount of members and stick with 'em than opening their doors for more. A Spaniard tracker exists (been a member of theirs since 2006) precisely as described and it's extremely difficult to get an invite due to being given so rarely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.