Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aminemaster said:
by the way soulf why the hell are you in the banned group
i hope i can watch to love ru on the 3ds
the browser HAS TO GET FLASH PLAYER or that would be really bad
i like watching anime on my wii(huge lcd screen with that zoom) and videos with 3d that would be too nice
Look closely Group doesn't = Title
tongue.gif

GTAMAN1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
great reviews on the impressions-do any of you uk guys know if resi mercenaries is a UK launch game? i know its launch in usa/japan, and i really hope we don't have to wait. the only game i'll get on launch is pro evo otherwise. thanks.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
bigpaws said:
Ya. everyone i have talked too likes the original art of oot better tho lol
so nintendo is liberating zelda but is it the same with starfox? and does anyone think they would bring back ssb?

also, since it is clear that 3ds can run n64 games, what if virtual console sold n64 like the wii
and what if all virtual content from the wii could be transfered to the 3ds?
thoughts?
They're releasing the re-makes on cart, so I doubt they'll have n64 virtual console. They don't even have GBA.
Doubt they'll allow transfers from the wii.

QUOTE(bigpaws @ Feb 6 2011, 07:09 PM) also, was the touch screen capacitive with multi touch or resistive like the older models?
and did the 3d screen seem big enough?
resistive.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm more than happy to upload video of it in action, but not until the official 'testing period' hits on the 14th as like I said, the manager is already putting himself on the line on this one. I don't want to cause him any more hassle, primarily because if he gets the sack then I lose my inside source for good info and free stuff. Besides, if you wait til the 14th I should have more demos available and therefore more footage, may as well do it all in one go, right? Footage will most likely be pretty poor though, the only camera I have available is on my phone, which is like, 6 years old. And on its last legs. Samsung U-600. So...yeah, not exactly up to date. But with any luck I'll have more titles available like DOA, Pilotwings, maybe even Starfox if I play my cards right.

I never tested the touch screen all that much, so I don't know if it accepts multiple inputs or not. I wasn't aware it was a feature they were including so instinct took over and I used it much the same as my current model's. I'm glad they kept the design so similar, it makes the 3DS very intuitive. Didn't play around with the menu yet either, will let you know how it feels when I get another chance to see my lady friend and the new toy.

The analogue stick on the test model felt pretty soft and rubbery to me, but you don't even notice it during gameplay so it left little lasting impression on me, to be honest. Within about five minutes I'd already adjusted to it's presence and texture, like it had always been there. It feels very natural, like it belongs there. Perfectly positioned, extremely responsive, the recessed design works wonders. Because it curves inwards slightly instead of outwards like the PSP stick, it doesn't need grooves on the top to stop your thumb slipping off, ergo it doesn't leave uncomfortable imprints on your thumb during major gameplay sessions. It didn't feel particularly weak, so with any luck it won't suffer the sort of fail rate the PSP stick has. I'm also hoping they see sense and add a way of recalibrating the analogue stick to the home menu. Seems logical to me. JoySens has saved my PSP from the scrap heap so it'd be foolish not to include it IMHO.

The key info to take away from this IMHO is how intuitive and easy to use the system is, especially for those with existing DS models. There haven't been many serious changes, so everything feels much the same, only better. It also feels pretty sturdy, I get the impression that the hinges are a little stronger this time out, which is a weight off a lot of minds, I'm sure. Simple logic, really. All they've done is make a few tweaks to iron out the minor flaws in existing DS hardware, then ramped up the processing power. The only real concern is the battery life, although I've yet to confirm the life expectancy personally, but no doubt they'll let me know roughly how long it lasts when I see them next.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I also went to a 3DS preview event this weekend.

The 3DS feels very solid, however i really wish the release colours were RED and black and not that garish turquoise, because up close it looks pretty horrible.

The 3D effect is really good if it's mid way (imo) as the full 3D effect just made me feel cross-eyed.
The analogue controller was so comfortable and easy to use, it worked really fluidly.

I tried out Zelda OoT, Kid Icarus, Res. Evil, LEGO Star Wars and Nintendogs (as well as the Wiiware games).

Gotta agree Zelda looked brilliant, and a lot nicer than the N64 graphics and Res Evil was pretty sharp!...finally a handheld by Nintendo that looks GOOD in first person perspective (I played Kingdom Hearts on the DSL the other day...bloody awful quality!).

Kid Icarus was ace, you really get the use from the new analogue nubbin.
The other day i was a bit unsure on whether i wanted this console..but today i realised i really enjoyed playing those games and the new opportunities of gaming with 'Street Pass'
biggrin.gif

...Just have the 3D set to lower though
wink.gif

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Triggers felt fine to me, and there wasn't any clicking noises coming from either. As for worrying about fingerprints, the system's kept clean so far with me and the staff fighting over it, so I don;t think they'll be a major issue. Unless you're prodding at the screen with greasy fingers. Which quite frankly is your own damn fault. Nothing a decent quality cleaning cloth can't handle.

Looks like it's gonna be a damn good system. Looking forward to getting my hands on Resident Evil, ours hasn't arrived yet. But I have seen it in action in various vids so it's piqued my interest.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
next time that you can, can you test for multi touch?
im interested on how duel pen sports will work
and maybe bring an sd card with an mp3 to show us the sound app and how it sounds
i think it is going to be awesome sq but not sure
i know it has virtual surround, but how is the sound quality?

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Difficult to judge the sound quality in the store I'm afraid. Even in the staff room, it's in the middle of a busy supermarket so it's pretty noisy wherever you go. Sorry, looks like that particular detail will either be down to the whims of fate providing a few minutes of silence or waiting until I get one home, whichever occurs first. Although if I'm reading the signals correctly I'm more likely to be taking the girl home than the 3DS.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
bigpaws said:
next time that you can, can you test for multi touch?
im interested on how duel pen sports will work
and maybe bring an sd card with an mp3 to show us the sound app and how it sounds
i think it is going to be awesome sq but not sure
i know it has virtual surround, but how is the sound quality?
Dual pen sports will work holding one stylus in each hand and tapping one side of the screen, then the other, rhythmically.
They won't be touching the screen at the same time.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Blaze163 said:
Although if I'm reading the signals correctly I'm more likely to be taking the girl home than the 3DS.

Heh, it's a win or win situation there. You could hope for both

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about the 3D effect itself? Is it as good as with glasses? Does it pop out or is it just deep? Both?

D

Deleted_171835

Can you confirm that the 'data management' tool is still available in the system settings?
If so, what built-in 3DS software can you move/delete.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
So disappointing that the 3DS release games are all a bit rubbish
frown.gif
..i just don't understand why they don't release it with Zelda or something, they know that's a game that's going to sell like hot cakes!...perhaps they'll change their mind when the Jap. 3DS release is out..
biggrin.gif

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
Triggers felt fine to me, and there wasn't any clicking noises coming from either. As for worrying about fingerprints, the system's kept clean so far with me and the staff fighting over it, so I don;t think they'll be a major issue. Unless you're prodding at the screen with greasy fingers. Which quite frankly is your own damn fault. Nothing a decent quality cleaning cloth can't handle.

Looks like it's gonna be a damn good system. Looking forward to getting my hands on Resident Evil, ours hasn't arrived yet. But I have seen it in action in various vids so it's piqued my interest.
Hmm... are you sure about the L-R triggers?
I mean it's been said that they do click.

''The face and shoulder buttons are great. Clicky and responsive.''

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boombox said:
frown.gif
..i just don't understand why they don't release it with Zelda or something, they know that's a game that's going to sell like hot cakes!...perhaps they'll change their mind when the Jap. 3DS release is out..
biggrin.gif
You too harsh on the games that are going to be release and then those games is going to be release like 3 mouth afterward.

They are still working on it, do you want a bad or not as good as it could have been game?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
bigpaws said:
*boing*
i dont know about you but that sstylus looks like rubber used in capacitive touch
it would be awesomeif it was multi touch
it would be so much more responsive
http://ie.ds.ign.com/articles/114/1148541p1.html
QUOTEQUESTION #6 - To confirm – the 3DS touch screen does not support simultaneous, multiple-point input, correct?

ANSWER - Correct.
There you has it. No multi-touch.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
boombox said:
frown.gif
biggrin.gif
Because no one wants to compete with Nintendo in terms of games.
Besides wanting to give 3rd party developers a chance, they also want to have games in reserve for dry months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-